Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2021 A180 Manual.

Strange issue with car yesterday. Drove to shops and parked for 40 mins. When came back and started car got the following warning messages:
  • Lane assist not operational
  • Brake assist not operational
  • ESP Off
  • Engine warning light on
  • No warning but ECO Stop didn’t work
Drove 3 miles to another shop, stopped the engine. When restarted the warnings had disappeared except for the yellow engine warning light.
Drove home, stopped engine then restarted. Engine warning light disappeared. Everything back to normal. What is going on, is this the start of something worrying. Mercedes Service Centre says if it happens again book it in but couldn’t explain what happened. Has anybody any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,528 Posts
Intermittent fault or connection with a sensor(s).

Press the SOS button next time those warnings come on.

Welcome to Mercedes A-Class ownership.

See:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Veeeight, much appreciated. Think I will give that a go, I had actually forgotten about that option. Hopefully the faults will remain long enough for the data to be transmitted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New 2021 A180 Manual.

Strange issue with car yesterday. Drove to shops and parked for 40 mins. When came back and started car got the following warning messages:
  • Lane assist not operational
  • Brake assist not operational
  • ESP Off
  • Engine warning light on
  • No warning but ECO Stop didn’t work
Drove 3 miles to another shop, stopped the engine. When restarted the warnings had disappeared except for the yellow engine warning light.
Drove home, stopped engine then restarted. Engine warning light disappeared. Everything back to normal. What is going on, is this the start of something worrying. Mercedes Service Centre says if it happens again book it in but couldn’t explain what happened. Has anybody any ideas?
Had a similar issue two days ago. My active lane keep assist was inoperative and my amber brake light warning was showing. ESP and abs was also inoperative. However after starting the car yesterday night it, it was all gone and no warning were showing at all. Spoke to the car company and they told me to keep driving but if it pops up again to take it in. Even checked today and still isn’t showing a thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a similar issue two days ago. My active lane keep assist was inoperative and my amber brake light warning was showing. ESP and abs was also inoperative. However after starting the car yesterday night it, it was all gone and no warning were showing at all. Spoke to the car company and they told me to keep driving but if it pops up again to take it in. Even checked today and still isn’t showing a thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Linny. Thanks for the info. Yes, that's what they told me. Keep driving and if it happens again. As Veeeight said above it sounds like a dodgy sensor or connection. Pressing the SOS button seems a good option as someone needs to advise if it is safe to continue driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pray tell, what is a "SOS" button, Have had my 2015 E350 for 6 months, spent the months in hospital for brain trumor and haven't even been able to read the book.. Also have a 2019 Lexus ls 500, that I leave parked. Not even able to find out what all the different codes of body syles are. 4Matic is what caught my eye, the gear shift on colume wekcome, Hate that thing on the lexus. The E 350 seems to have a smoother ride to it. even thought it's not as snappy as the Lexus. After head surgery, I also notice that the headrest seems a lot softer, and not as much jerking on the acceleration. Oh, Yeah, what is the SOS Button?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Budhah. Sounds like you have really been through the mill. Hope your recovery is going well.Not sure where your SOS button is or whether your 2015 E350 has one. You really would need to check your manual. In my 2021 A180 it is a button located in the interior light cluster. I have never used it but if you have Mercedesme set up you can press this button if you have a breakdown or an accident and it will connect you via your mobile phone through to the Mercedes Service Centre. I believe it will also send data from your vehicle that will help to inform the breakdown guy as to what may be wrong with your car. As I say I have never used it but it sounds a useful feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts