Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mercedes A Class AMG Line
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I’ve just brought a 2018 A200 AMG line premium and was wondering if someone could help me figure out how the online music streaming works as I can’t find any information online.
When I click on media I only see bluetoooth and usb, I don’t get an option for music streaming even though I’ve connected to the Mercedes me option.
Ideally I’d like to see my playlists through Spotify and assume that’s what the online music streaming tab is for but can’t get it working :(

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
Online music streaming in MBUX is Tidal or Amazon Music. Plus you need to buy the MBUX data package.

Unless you particularly wanted Tidal or Amazon music in the car, I would just stick to using Spotify through your phone, but you need Apple CarPlay or Android Auto (£299 from MBUX).

Can you see “Store” on your MBUX menu? If so, you can purchase Apple CarPlay or Android auto through there.

If you can’t see “Store” you will need to get the MBUX software updated at a dealer.

However some early 2018 cars didn’t have the necessary hardware for Smartphone Integration, so even if you get the updated MBUX software, you may still be unable to get smartphone integration in your car.

Confused?
Search this forum for “CarPlay”.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response!
So I have to take out a data plan if I want to use online music? That’s annoying, I thought there would be a way to use my phone, In which case I guess I will need to go with apple car play

I don’t have the store showing on mine so I will try to see if the dealer can get it updated, does apple car play work wirelessly?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
126 Posts
I didn't think you needed Carplay or Android auto (or data plan) to use spotify on your phone. I have a 2020 GLA200 AMG line premium now with both installed, but my previous car (2019 A200 AMG line premium) didn't have them.

I've always done it the same way, connect your phone via bluetooth, select the media option from the vehicle menu, play spotify on your phone, plays through MBUX.

Agree that you can only see the playlist on your phone, but you can still skip tracks via the touchpad.

Reactions: veeeight

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
As above. I always use Spotify from my phone connected via Bluetooth. Once you’ve selected the playlist on phone you can skip tracks via the touch pads or the screen. It shows artworks too.

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
Interesting, as Spotify is one of the CarPlay “allowed” apps!

What extra does using Spotify through CarPlay give you then? Must be touchpad control of playlists, Siri and other features?

Interesting, never really thought about that before.
sat in McDonalds car park so I thought I would take a look. It appears that on CarPlay you have pretty much full control whereas on Bluetooth you can only skip pre selected tracks.
Window Automotive design Automotive mirror Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Reactions: veeeight

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
Spotify is available as a native MBUX Integrated app in the S-Class.

Who knows if this will make an appearance in the A-Class, along with Tidal and Amazon Music.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think changing playlist and scrolling through the songs is very useful, I could do that on my Bmw even without CarPlay so I assumed Mercedes had a similar thing available :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.