Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Im going to start off with a smile as I have to say after driving that car that's the only thing on my face, so yesterday being post call at work I manager to ask my dealer to get me a test drive and luckily for me he managed to get one without much delay.

All I can say is OH MY GOD...it was absolutely incredibly amazing. Keeping in mind my 2 previous cars where the gold 5 R32 which for me was one of the most amazing sounding cars you can get and believe me the A45 comes very close to sounding like that especially with that performance exhaust WOW on upshifts and downshifts was amazing and also just putting your foot off the accelerator you get this grr sound, fantastic, the 2nd car I had which was short lived( a very lonf story) was the Audi RS3 which was a fast car but the feeling in the A45 is something else, you can feel that pull and amazingly you wont even realise you travelling at 200kph unless someone in the back tells you lol, the build quality is excellent and just loved those hugging seat bealts, the standard seats are very comfortable so im happy not getting the performance(actually the wife didnt) but still happy, the ride is not at all harsh and this is from driving both R32 and RS3, I actually thought it was much better then them. My only draw back is the back window which is abit small but im sure will get used to it. All in all the A45 is not just a beast, it is something that I cannot even think off because it was that incredible to drive.

Btw the other drawback is the wait
still about 5 weeks to go and really am dreading this wait as want it NOW!!!
So all you guys that already have it please puts some pics up and let us know what you think and all of us that are still waiting its coming so think happy thoughts

·
Registered
687 Posts
AshyV said:
Hi guys,

Im going to start off with a smile as I have to say after driving that car that's the only thing on my face, so yesterday being post call at work I manager to ask my dealer to get me a test drive and luckily for me he managed to get one without much delay.

All I can say is OH MY GOD...it was absolutely incredibly amazing. Keeping in mind my 2 previous cars where the gold 5 R32 which for me was one of the most amazing sounding cars you can get and believe me the A45 comes very close to sounding like that especially with that performance exhaust WOW on upshifts and downshifts was amazing and also just putting your foot off the accelerator you get this grr sound, fantastic, the 2nd car I had which was short lived( a very lonf story) was the Audi RS3 which was a fast car but the feeling in the A45 is something else, you can feel that pull and amazingly you wont even realise you travelling at 200kph unless someone in the back tells you lol, the build quality is excellent and just loved those hugging seat bealts, the standard seats are very comfortable so im happy not getting the performance(actually the wife didnt) but still happy, the ride is not at all harsh and this is from driving both R32 and RS3, I actually thought it was much better then them. My only draw back is the back window which is abit small but im sure will get used to it. All in all the A45 is not just a beast, it is something that I cannot even think off because it was that incredible to drive.

So all you guys that already have it please puts some pics up and let us know what you think and all of us that are still waiting its coming so think happy thoughts
When did you place an order?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi dude,

In april, more or less when order book opened, checked again with dealer yesterday and still looking at mid october, still praying no problems.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Could be that the view out of the rear window is not as good as your other cars because you are less likely to see anyone up your backside lol. The speed this car gets to in such an undramatic way is second to none...watch your licences people.

·
Registered
471 Posts
AshyV said:
Hi guys,

Ash, I added the reverse camera last week after driving cos I agree with you the rear window is small. I reverese out of my driveway everyday and I don't feel safe not being able to see a potential hijacker come up behind me. therefore added camera....if the jacker comes up behind me...I will flatten him!! im sure the 45 is as fast in reverse as it is going forward!!1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey feem,

Camera was added awhile ago as nad had told me the rear view is small, I agree though it would be needed especially when reversing, im waiting for the guys in south africa to start posting pics and reviews now, havent heard from rafiq or justin since they got their cars...having too much fun I guess lol, btw does anyone know if we will be able to get those red inserts for the body work found in the edition 1 in south africa?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts