Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but I'm going on holiday first thing in the morning for a week, so will have to wait to pick it up.

It arrived this morning, so pretty much 2 weeks early. Bodes well for other people also waiting for their car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice one. Glad to hear a bit of good news on delivery times being beaten.

I was due to get mine on the 20th but it's just been bumped back another 10 days. Unforunately I haven't got a holiday in between to take my mind off it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snake Pliskin said:
You gonna go see it before you go on your hols then ?

I know I would !

I really want to, but also thinking of waiting til I'm back, just to make picking it up even more special!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Naaaaah .... go and see it, I always go see my new cars as soon as they arrive.

Also, gives you chance to look the car over and make sure everything ok and all extras there as per your order etc.

TAKE SOME PICS !!!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
its worth going to see it, mine was still on the transporter when I got there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, me and the missus went up to the dealership but it was closed (half an hour earlier than advertised)! But, we were able to get in around the back as the gate wasn't closed over yet. I spotted this:

A180 Sport, polar silver, night package. Exactly the same spec as mine.

However, I don't think this is mine. Firstly, these alloys aren't the same as what I expect (I am expecting the standard sport night package wheels, where as these ones are optional). Also, what's that little black square on the bumper? I assume it's some kind of sensor or camera? I haven't added any such driving aids. So if this is a sensor or camera, this isn't my car.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It looks very nice! That black square could be the tow attaching thingie? Mine was open on delivery! I couldn't resist having a look on the day mine arrived at the garage! It did look a lot better after it was cleaned and polished at pick-up time! Yours will look stunning at collection!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lynne said:
It looks very nice! That black square could be the tow attaching thingie? Mine was open on delivery! I couldn't resist having a look on the day mine arrived at the garage! It did look a lot better after it was cleaned and polished at pick-up time! Yours will look stunning at collection!

Good point, it probably is the towing point - and on closer inspection, it looks open. Every other A class I've seen the back of has a body coloured towing point in that position, so that makes sense.

Those aren't the alloys I ordered though. Hmmmm. If they've got the order wrong, I'll just have to have a good look at them. They're the same standard as the ones I've ordered, just a different design.

I wish I'd had more of a look inside, that would have provided a big clue - if it was a grey interior, it would have been too much of a coincidence not to be mine. Only got a quick glimpse though and everything was still wrapped in plastic so couldn't tell.

Edited by: jamiednm

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think those wheels are what the sport gets if you order night pack and that car has night pack bybthe looks of things.

If you ordered a silver sport with night pack would be a huge coincidence if that ain't your car.

I like those wheels by the way and car looks cool.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That car is a petrol, not diesel if that helps to narrow it down.

It does look very nice - take it any way - even if its not yours !!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Weird how its been parked too !

At an acute angle, no real attempt to park it, looks like they were serving from the 4x4 next to it.

Just looks strange :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm picking it up on Friday. Doesn't seem real because I've been waiting so long.

Dropped in to the dealership yesterday to drop off copies of my driving licence and signed documents. All it is now is a hefty payment on Friday afternoon and the car is mine :)

Will most likely be posting pics Friday night.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts