4,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Only the base 100W sound system being offered across all models

no Advanced Sound System, no Burmester.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A few other notable changes for the UK:
  • SE Model has now been discontinued for the UK market, so the sport model is now the entry level - starting at £25,975 for the A180 Manual
  • Electrically adjustable seats have been removed from the regular Premium Plus Model (due to chip shortages) they're still available for the A35 Premium Plus/45S Plus however.
  • Manual gearbox discontinued on all models except for A180 Sport (previously available on all 180 Petrol/Diesel models and trims)
  • The "entry level" A45S+ has been discontinued, with only the higher end Plus model now available (which has increased in price by £650 to £57,885 (this is partly due to the seats used in the standard trim being discontinued by Mercedes globally)
  • A35 Exec Price increases by £950, other A35's by £500
  • £375 Increase on Petrol/Diesel A Class - £800 on the A250e hybrids
Also still missing the Wireless Charging, AR Navigation. Deliveries may also be missing the communications module for live traffic, updates and Mercedes me services - however this will still be retrofitted at a dealer when available if it is missing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It surprised me why Mercedes never had the Rose gold here in the U.K. until now. It is available pretty much everywhere else and even in LHD markets such as Ireland, where it is often used as the primary promo colour.

As for manuals being less available, good, I never understood anyone who got a manual Mercedes.
The SE going is also good, the spec list was poor when for like £500 more you could go into the Sport models and get a lot more. Those headlights they had were awful as well, why get the A Class without the shark like day time running lights? It completely ruins the look of the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
im so glad i have the 2019 premium plus model. they really are stripping back the features since 2018. they must be getting near a new facelift model now :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I've currently got an order going through for a new A250 AMG Line Premium due for delivery in January 2022. I've just clicked on the link to the configurator my dealer sent me as my partner wanted to see a 360 degree of the car. Anyway, I noticed on the standard equipment it's got the suspension listed as "Multi-link axle".

I thought Mercedes dropped multi-link in favour of the torsion beam and that this was worse?

I can't see anything on the new brochure listing it, just says "Lowered Comfort Suspension".

Any ideas? Am I wrong and this is actually referring to Torsion beam?

Hopefully they've bought it back!

Font Number Document Rectangle Circle

·
Administrator
4,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both the brochure and configurator are known for their errors.

However it might be a nice surprise if they fitted multi-link to non-AMG models, but I doubt it.]

·
Registered
87 Posts
im so glad i have the 2019 premium plus model. they really are stripping back the features since 2018. they must be getting near a new facelift model now :(
It's usually the complete opposite when coming to a major model change, they add kit to make sure they shift the last year of production asap. But the same can be said for not putting too much kit on the last ones otherwise nobody would by the new one 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,

I've currently got an order going through for a new A250 AMG Line Premium due for delivery in January 2022. I've just clicked on the link to the configurator my dealer sent me as my partner wanted to see a 360 degree of the car. Anyway, I noticed on the standard equipment it's got the suspension listed as "Multi-link axle".

I thought Mercedes dropped multi-link in favour of the torsion beam and that this was worse?

I can't see anything on the new brochure listing it, just says "Lowered Comfort Suspension".

Any ideas? Am I wrong and this is actually referring to Torsion beam?

Hopefully they've bought it back!

View attachment 9072
When they dropped it from the rest of the range it was still present on the A250 and A220d models only. Then when they discontinued the A220d model in the UK is when they removed the mention of it in the brochure, so do believe it could be an error and it still remains on the A250 - fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t know if this is new information or not but I got the AMG Line Edition which comes with a 7 inch drivers screen and a 10 inch media screen. The 7 inch screens used to be recessed into the display unit. Mine is completely flat and flush with the remainder of the screen which actually makes it look a whole lot smarter and a whole lot more acceptable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don’t know if this is new information or not but I got the AMG Line Edition which comes with a 7 inch drivers screen and a 10 inch media screen. The 7 inch screens used to be recessed into the display unit. Mine is completely flat and flush with the remainder of the screen which actually makes it look a whole lot smarter and a whole lot more acceptable.
it was actually only the dual 7” screens that came/come recessed into the display unit - where you’ve had the 10” media screen it’s always been the flush glass display across the top - makes it look so so much nicer!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Still showing Park Assist doing parallel parking, even though it's been disabled on 2021+ models, in the UK at least :(
Actually mine still has it, although I haven’t managed to get it to do it yet. Sometimes it doesn’t find any spaces, and the only time it did I stopped it because it was actually not a space.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts