Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There a few updates coming to the A Class in July 2021:
  • All AMG Line Trims are now called AMG Line Edition:
    • Added the night pack as standard (black door mirrors, removing the chrome trims around the windows and lower bumpers and grill etc.) with Black wheels and not dark grey
    • 64 colour Ambient lighting now standard on all AMG line trims (and A35 exec edition) whereas was previously only on premium and premium plus.
    • Red seat trim has been removed in AMG Line, is now Grey instead, and also has the stitching on the dashboard and doors as you get with the leather packs
    • Edition badged mats, instead of AMG Mats
    • Edition badging on the front wings
    • Matrix look aluminium trim on dash and doors instead of the brushed aluminium
    • Petrol and Diesel models are only available in Exec trim and above - only the Hybrid is available in base trim AMG line
  • Sport exec trim now comes with full Artico seats
  • Multi-Link rear Axle now only on Full AMG models
  • Ambient lighting in centre console has now been removed
  • 220d Engine now discontinued in the UK for the A Class
  • Seat cushion depth adjustment on the Passengers seat has been removed unless you have Electric seats

July 2021 Brochure:

·
Registered
1 Posts
    • Added the night pack as standard (black door mirrors, removing the chrome trims around the windows and lower bumpers and grill etc.) with Black wheels and not dark grey
    • Red seat trim has been removed in AMG Line, is now Grey instead, and also has the stitching on the dashboard and doors as you get with the leather packs
    • Petrol and Diesel models are only available in Exec trim and above - only the Hybrid is available in base trim AMG line
  • Seat cushion depth adjustment on the Passengers seat has been removed unless you have Electric seats
Any updates for the CLA 2021? I guess they might perform the same kind of changes there as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not as many at all - night pack isn't standard on the CLA and the 220d engine is still available for the UK too.

Ambient lighting in centre console and passengers side seat cushion angle adjustment is still gone as well though!

·
Registered
2021 Digital White A-Class A200 Manual AMG-Line Premium Plus
27 Posts
Thanks Duggy,

New member here.
I factory ordered a digital white A200 manual AMG-Line premium plus on 17th April from my local dealer. I was expecting what was on the configurator at the time. This downgrade makes me want to cancel having also found out that other features are being removed as well, namely active parallel parking assist and active lane assist without dropping the price.

I have since contacted my dealer and confirmed that the order went through as ‘AMG-Line Edition’.
My build sheet that I have says ‘AMG-Line’ and also includes the missing features.

I think the night pack makes the car look cheap.

JonUK

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
I have since contacted my dealer and confirmed that the order went through as ‘AMG-Line Edition’.
My build sheet that I have says ‘AMG-Line’ and also includes the missing features.
If your car starts its journey on the production line before 1 July 2021 you'll be fine.

If your car starts its journey on the production line on or after 1 July 2021, it will be built to the specification in the brochure linked in post #1, as they will have reconfigured the supply logistics and production line to the new spec - there will be a VIN cutoff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your car starts its journey on the production line before 1 July 2021 you'll be fine.

If your car starts its journey on the production line on or after 1 July 2021, it will be built to the specification in the brochure linked in post #1, as they will have reconfigured the supply logistics and production line to the new spec - there will be a VIN cutoff.
Thanks
I have been told by the dealer that my vehicle will be delivered mid July, so seems like it could go either way.

Not a good place to be.

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
I have been told by the dealer that my vehicle will be delivered mid July, so seems like it could go either way.
It's usually around 3-4 weeks from production to handover, so yours might just squeak in before the changeover.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an A250e AMG Line Premium Plus with Driving Assistance Package on order with delivery expected towards the end of this month. After several communications with the dealer, I have just been informed that Active lane Change and Parallel Parking are being deactivated. I also note that the new brochure does not mention Active Park Assist, implying that both Parallel and Bay Parking are removed from new orders.

I raised the issue of compensation, but was advised that Mercedes is not offering compensation. I don't see why I should be expected to pay for functions that are not delivered, so I will take the matter forward.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an A250e AMG Line Premium Plus with Driving Assistance Package on order with delivery expected towards the end of this month. After several communications with the dealer, I have just been informed that Active lane Change and Parallel Parking are being deactivated. I also note that the new brochure does not mention Active Park Assist, implying that both Parallel and Bay Parking are removed from new orders.

I raised the issue of compensation, but was advised that Mercedes is not offering compensation. I don't see why I should be expected to pay for functions that are not delivered, so I will take the matter forward.
Please let us know how you get on re compensation, as it’s a bit off taking your cash for something they aren’t supplying anymore.

·
Registered
2020 A180 Sport Exec Manual Polar White
81 Posts
I was down at Brooklands this morning getting my one serviced. Saw the new "rear end" on an unregistered hatchback, got to say it looks pretty cheap and plasticy....

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
Someone on another forum has been reimbursed the cost of the missing Park Assist feature.

£60

·
Registered
27 Posts
Someone on another forum has been reimbursed the cost of the missing Park Assist feature.

£60
Thanks veeeight
Me being cynical.... costs Mercedes £60, if that, to fit but they charge the customer £1500 for the package. :sneaky:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think you can still get these options coded in. Correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an A250e saloon on order and is due to arrive around July. From July 2021 the Ambient light package has been added to AMG Line and AMG Line Executive which was only previously on the Premium and above. Also the price hasn’t been increased this is a 2k package added for zero price increase. I have asked mercedes to hold my order and order the July specification only. I just hope that will be the case

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered a A250e beginning of March with estimated delivery July 10th. I have contacted Mercedes and they say no vehicle has been allocated to my order. I have asked them to wait and order the July Specification only. I await a response hopefully can be done.

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
I also note that the new brochure does not mention Active Park Assist, implying that both Parallel and Bay Parking are removed from new orders.
You are correct, there is no mention of Active Park Assist nor Parktronic in the brochure, but confusingly, if you go onto the Online Configurator, they are still mentioned there.

·
Registered
2020 A180 Sport Exec Manual Polar White
81 Posts
what do you mean by new?
Maybe it was a current option but where the chrome exhausts and surround are now, this car had matt plastic all round including the exhausts. No "chrome" anywhere which is something I've not seen before. 🤔

1 - 20 of 91 Posts