Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

Registered
2021 Digital White A-Class A200 Manual AMG-Line Premium Plus
It's usually around 3-4 weeks from production to handover, so yours might just squeak in before the changeover.
Just had a call from the dealer...... Build date 1st July :mad: and no compensation for missing functions, loss of centre console ambient lighting, different patterned dash and door aluminium trim, grey stitching instead of red, plus whatever else.

Rubbish all round.

Registered
Just had a call from the dealer...... Build date 1st July :mad: and no compensation for missing functions, loss of centre console ambient lighting, different patterned dash and door aluminium trim, grey stitching instead of red, plus whatever else.

Rubbish all round.
How's it going Jon,

I believe I may be in the same boat as you as I ordered an A Class A200 Amg Line Premium with the Digital White colour on April 12th as that was when the showrooms opened back up. I also ordered through the motability scheme and they told my expected handover was June 30th.
I did speak to the dealer in the week and they said I would receive the car at the earliest mid June and latest early July.
Of course by seeing the news in the OP and having a look at the new brochure I'm on on edge now as I want the current configuration and not what's being provided from July 1st!

I guess good luck to us both and others who may be in the same situation.

P.s regarding the Ambient lighting being removed from the centre console. Would that be on the left of the two 10 inch screens and would it be the bottom light or the one one of the top?

Registered
2021 Digital White A-Class A200 Manual AMG-Line Premium Plus
How's it going Jon,

I believe I may be in the same boat as you as I ordered an A Class A200 Amg Line Premium with the Digital White colour on April 12th as that was when the showrooms opened back up. I also ordered through the motability scheme and they told my expected handover was June 30th.
I did speak to the dealer in the week and they said I would receive the car at the earliest mid June and latest early July.
Of course by seeing the news in the OP and having a look at the new brochure I'm on on edge now as I want the current configuration and not what's being provided from July 1st!

I guess good luck to us both and others who may be in the same situation.

P.s regarding the Ambient lighting being removed from the centre console. Would that be on the left of the two 10 inch screens and would it be the bottom light or the one one of the top?
Mine is definitely going to be the new configuration, which sucks. Mercedes seem to think that the 'night pack' is 'down wiv the kids' but to me, makes the car look cheap. It should be a separate option.

Centre console is where the trackpad and cup holders are.

You need to get the build date from your dealer if it's a not-from-stock order.

Build date before 1st July seems to be old config
On or after 1st July - new config

As mine is a manual, there was no dealer stock so had to be a factory build, which I'm not concerned about. I chose the manual as pottering around town in the traffic, the auto box hunts up and down the gears. Would have taken the auto box if you could permanently switch it to semi-auto and use the flappy paddles but that is only available on the 'real' AMG.

Registered
Mine is definitely going to be the new configuration, which sucks. Mercedes seem to think that the 'night pack' is 'down wiv the kids' but to me, makes the car look cheap. It should be a separate option.

Centre console is where the trackpad and cup holders are.

You need to get the build date from your dealer if it's a not-from-stock order.

Build date before 1st July seems to be old config
On or after 1st July - new config

As mine is a manual, there was no dealer stock so had to be a factory build, which I'm not concerned about. I chose the manual as pottering around town in the traffic, the auto box hunts up and down the gears. Would have taken the auto box if you could permanently switch it to semi-auto and use the flappy paddles but that is only available on the 'real' AMG.
I'll speak to the dealers in the week but we shall see what happens. The chrome finish compared to the night package looks a lot nicer from the pictures I've seen but you never know in person.

I didnt know the A Class had ambient lighting in the centre console so as long as I see the two lines next to the screen and the single lines on each door then I'm happy.

I actually had the chance to get the A Class from the dealers from May 2nd but it was In Cosmos black or Mountain grey so I had to go with Digital White hence the wait!

Mine is an Automatic and while I had the test drive I prefer using the paddle shifters as Its the closet thing to a manual feel for me.

Also not sure how I feel about the change in seats aswell as I like the red stiching on the seats and the wheel. Why couldn't they just wait until next year lol

Registered
I have just requested for my order to be built July onwards so I can take advantage of the night pack and the Ambient lighting. Hopefully the Factory does accept it.
Yep keep us posted if they do. I'm in the opposite boat whereas I don't want the car to be delayed until July 1st production lol

I'm slowing coming to terms that I may just accept what is given to me as its not the end of the world with some of things I'll be losing. Change of seats, slight change to ambient lighting, change of aluminum trim inside and night pack (maybe this will grow on me)

Super Moderator
You guys shouldn鈥檛 beat yourselves up about the consule ambient lighting, it barely shows when driving and if mine was to break I don鈥檛 think I would even notice.

Registered
Yep keep us posted if they do. I'm in the opposite boat whereas I don't want the car to be delayed until July 1st production lol

I'm slowing coming to terms that I may just accept what is given to me as its not the end of the world with some of things I'll be losing. Change of seats, slight change to ambient lighting, change of aluminum trim inside and night pack (maybe this will grow on me)
Its now been accepted by the Factory so my production date is in July to take affect of the changes.
Have you spoken with your dealer see what they can do ?

Registered
Its now been accepted by the Factory so my production date is in July to take affect of the changes.
Have you spoken with your dealer see what they can do ?
Great news for you. I still need to speak to the dealers about my build date but they did say the expected handover for my car was mid June to Early July.
I did order on April 12th so I'm not sure which one I'll get.

Registered
You guys shouldn鈥檛 beat yourselves up about the consule ambient lighting, it barely shows when driving and if mine was to break I don鈥檛 think I would even notice.
Thankfully I have seen where the console ambient lighting is and I understand why nobody would notice if it was gone or broken lol.
As long as all the other ambient lighting stays the same then I'm fine.

Registered
Great news for you. I still need to speak to the dealers about my build date but they did say the expected handover for my car was mid June to Early July.
I did order on April 12th so I'm not sure which one I'll get.
It is likely that you will get the pre July production by the sounds of it. Production for the differences only start on the 1st July. So it takes around 2-3 weeks to reach the dealer. Ask the dealer what the production date slot it, should be allocated one by now. This will give you the answer. What colour did you order, Black are very quick as they tend to have stock at port.

Registered
It is likely that you will get the pre July production by the sounds of it. Production for the differences only start on the 1st July. So it takes around 2-3 weeks to reach the dealer. Ask the dealer what the production date slot it, should be allocated one by now. This will give you the answer. What colour did you order, Black are very quick as they tend to have stock at port.
Just spoke to the dealer and they confirmed that my car would start production on June 1st which is great news for me. They also said they should receive the car by June 28th with an expected pick up of 1st July!

They have sent me the build sheet and I am very happy.

I ordered Digital White by the way as I felt that suits the car but I had options of Mountain grey and Cosmos black that were available to me from May 2nd but I chose not to go with them.

Another thing if anyone was interested is my build sheet does have the ACTIVE parking assist with PARKTRONIC but they said that will be disabled. The parking sensors will work though.

Registered
My A250e Premium Plus (Denim Blue) with Driving Assistance Package is due to arrive in early June. After a lengthy discussion with the dealer they have offered a free service as compensation for the loss of parallel parking and active lane change.

Super Moderator
I have DAP and Active Lane Change.

Don鈥檛 feel you鈥檙e missing out, whilst it鈥檚 great for impressing passengers, in reality if you鈥檙e tanking along, it takes far too long to perform the manoeuvre鈥..

Registered
Hi all,
I ordered an a250e AMG line Premium Plus with the driving assistance package in denim blue on April 21st. A fortnight ago they rang and I was told the VIN number has been allocated and build is expected to start May 19th (2 days time :)) for an expected hand over of June 7th, no mention of any changes during the call so I'd assume this should be the pre-July spec. The dealer hasn't said anything so may just drop an email just to see what they say.
Kind regards
Matt

Registered
Hi all,
I ordered an a250e AMG line Premium Plus with the driving assistance package in denim blue on April 21st. A fortnight ago they rang and I was told the VIN number has been allocated and build is expected to start May 19th (2 days time :)) for an expected hand over of June 7th, no mention of any changes during the call so I'd assume this should be the pre-July spec. The dealer hasn't said anything so may just drop an email just to see what they say.
Kind regards
Matt
Nice one I ordered my A200 AMG line Premium in Digital White on the same date with a build date of June 1st and handover July 1st.
Yes as other ppl have stated if it starts production before July 1st then you will get pre July spec.
They also sent me a build sheet to confirm everything so maybe that's a shout for you also.
Can't wait!

Registered
A35 AMG
Hello,
Your are talking about UK right only, in my country I have not been aware of any changes on the A Class as of July.
Thanks !

21 - 40 of 98 Posts