Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Page 7 - A45S Standard Features - Interior - Burmester surround sound system ( 810 )

Check the bottom of page 5 for the A250 - Illuminated door sill panels with "Mercedes-Benz" Lettering

Check page 6 for the A35 - Safety and Security - Parking Package (P47) featuring 360 Camera (501)

Yup - no mention of this

My reading of the brochure is that the A45 inherits all the features from the A35, which inherits from the A250, which inherits from the A180.
You are correct, I was just reading and comparing the Sep 2020 and 2021 basic models (A180)

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are correct, I was just reading and comparing the Sep 2020 and 2021 basic models (A180)
What is interesting - as our fine colonial friends have noticed on their models - no mention of Wireless charging or Sunglass holder, although the Vision package still has the LED headlamps ( 641 ). Also it appears the option for cooled seats is missing as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
So it seems that AUS & NZ have a slightly different timescale for brochure releases (our UK/EU July 2021 seems to be AUS Sept 2021, that would account for the min 3 month start of production to arrival in AUS) - the main thing to check is right on the very last page of the brochure - it will tell you which MY (Model Year) the changes refer to (the AUS brochure unhelpfully doesn't publish this!).

Posts #57 to #62 above have been moved here from another thread, as they are related to MY802 changes.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
I think the sunglass holder was just an evolutionary change whereas many of the omissions now seem to be supply chain driven around chip supply. Great analysis by @Droid on the latest AU brochure.

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
The other interesting thing about the AUS specification brochure, is that it states "From Sept 2021 Production". Does that mean it's MY802, or MY 802.5....... And the brochure/spec went to print in March 2021! :p

Historically, UK/EU MY802.5 will start Dec 2021. I can categorically tell you that the production lines and logistics will only reconfigure, twice a year, for MY802 and MY802.5. 😂

(Looking at the brochure and specs, it does look like AUS is lagging by 2/3 months, so your "Sept 2021" brochure is really our "July 2021" brochure, and is MY802).

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
What is interesting - as our fine colonial friends have noticed on their models - no mention of Wireless charging or Sunglass holder, although the Vision package still has the LED headlamps ( 641 ). Also it appears the option for cooled seats is missing as well.
You can't have sunglasses holder if you have Interior Assistant (conflicting location for the sensors), so sunglasses holder has gone forever (even if you don't spec Interior Assistant).

Also AR Nav and Wireless Charger for phone is no longer an option as of MY802, for any A-Class.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
I've pinned this to the W177 forum as I must admit I didn't recollect the original brochure thread but it is going to be an ongoing issue across the world so people can add to it and not start fresh discussions.

·
Registered
Mercedes A220 4matic AMG Line Executive W177 / 2019
56 Posts
Hi,
As I discovered, Mercedes released two brochures with specifications and price lists in quick succession.
Both brochures began on July 1, 2021
The first one was released on May 5th and the second one from July 1st.
I chose the specifications for the new car from the first brochure (I had no idea about the second brochure that it exists) Since I chose the Premium option, it also included the Advanced Sound System 225W and Wireless Charging

Now I have found that in this July1st brochure, Mercedes has removed all options for the Premium and Advanced Sound system.
Now all models have a basic 100w with 6 speakers .In addition, it is no longer possible to charge the smartphone wirelessly.
Prices have remained the same even though removed items go into the thousands.
I find it hard to believe.
In Germany, I checked, it is as it was and everything is offered.
There is also a full offer in other European countries.
Has anyone already picked up the car with the reduced Sound System.

Regards
Chris
encl.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same concerns as you Chris. I ordered the a 250 premium because of the advanced sound system which appears to have disappeared from this brochure. With ambient lighting being included in lower models too I am not sure where the value is in the premium package. All that is left is the bigger instrument screen, a rear armrest and some front door sills. I am not seeing the value in the premium package for these.

I ordered the car just at the start of July with a delivery date in November and the July brochure I looked at had the speaker system. Hence my choice. This is really poor if this has been removed and the premium pack is pretty much pointless then.

·
Registered
Mercedes A220 4matic AMG Line Executive W177 / 2019
56 Posts
Unfortunately, the situation is not interesting. I have confirmation from Mercedes that it is so, many things from the specification have been removed. The price remained the same. I am enclosing the reasons why this is so. I have ordered the A35 to be picked up on 14 December , not knowing that the new car will be gutted of a few things.
My dealer says he can return the deposit with ease. Perhaps in the meantime, Mercedes will revert to the original specifications. If not, I will wait for the normal specification. In time, selling such a gutted car will be a problem to find a buyer for a good price.
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
We got a call from our dealer to if we would consider trading in our three year old AMG Line Premium plus car 12 months early a few weeks ago and we have been thinking about it but when using the build a car on the Mercedes webpage we cant see the normal AMG Line but it has an AMG Line edition that has black external bits and grey interior stitching and we are not keen on either TBH , is the AMG Line with the red stitching not available now ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There a few updates coming to the A Class in July 2021:
  • All AMG Line Trims are now called AMG Line Edition:
    • Added the night pack as standard (black door mirrors, removing the chrome trims around the windows and lower bumpers and grill etc.) with Black wheels and not dark grey
    • 64 colour Ambient lighting now standard on all AMG line trims (and A35 exec edition) whereas was previously only on premium and premium plus.
    • Red seat trim has been removed in AMG Line, is now Grey instead, and also has the stitching on the dashboard and doors as you get with the leather packs
    • Edition badged mats, instead of AMG Mats
    • Edition badging on the front wings
    • Matrix look aluminium trim on dash and doors instead of the brushed aluminium
    • Petrol and Diesel models are only available in Exec trim and above - only the Hybrid is available in base trim AMG line
  • Sport exec trim now comes with full Artico seats
  • Multi-Link rear Axle now only on Full AMG models
  • Ambient lighting in centre console has now been removed
  • 220d Engine now discontinued in the UK for the A Class
  • Seat cushion depth adjustment on the Passengers seat has been removed unless you have Electric seats

July 2021 Brochure:
The document you attached is dated 2019 mate. Ive called up mercedes to confirm this and they have said this is not the case. Im waiting on a delivery for an 180 amg special edition executive and ambient light will not be included. I have attached the current brochure effective july 21, have a look and let me know what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
The document you attached is dated 2019 mate. Ive called up mercedes to confirm this and they have said this is not the case. Im waiting on a delivery for an 180 amg special edition executive and ambient light will not be included. I have attached the current brochure effective july 21, have a look and let me know what you think
It is included in the amg executive edition in that brochure. The amg executive edition lists the items it has are in addition to the amg line edition and the amg line edition has the ambient lighting. Therefore the amg executive has it too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is included in the amg executive edition in that brochure. The amg executive edition lists the items it has are in addition to the amg line edition and the amg line edition has the ambient lighting. Therefore the amg executive has it too.
I dont think so. Not in that brochure mate. And like i said i checked this yesterday with mercedes. The exclusive editions has ambient lights but not the executive

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dont think so. Not in that brochure mate. And like i said i checked this yesterday with mercedes. The exclusive editions has ambient lights but not the executive
Had another look at the brochure it does have ambient lights ticked on the executive but as per my convo with mercedes yesterday its not included which is confusing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats odd, when is your delivery date? I have got a premium arriving in November and just no clue what it's going to come with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats odd, when is your delivery date? I have got a premium arriving in November and just no clue what it's going to come with.
Well it was due 19th September but got pushed back to 15th of October. Honestly its so difficult finding out as it seems mercedes sales rep themselves are struggling with basic questions on what the car comes and doesn't come with. As far as i know the premium seems to include most premium features aside from Mercedes me features

·
Registered
2020 A200 AMG line premium plus with DAP
191 Posts
At what point can you ask for the build sheet? I asked for mine the day the car arrived at the dealership, but I'm wondering if you can get it much sooner than that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Well it was due 19th September but got pushed back to 15th of October. Honestly its so difficult finding out as it seems mercedes sales rep themselves are struggling with basic questions on what the car comes and doesn't come with. As far as i know the premium seems to include most premium features aside from Mercedes me features
Ask your dealer to give you a copy of the “oasis report” for your car - this will list everything that is due to be fitted to your car in the build process.

If they’re talking about “exclusive edition” cars then it sounds like they could be thinking about the Pre July build cars as this is when these were available perhaps? Or it’s an error in the brochure maybe - but the build sheet/oasis report will confirm it for sure!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ask your dealer to give you a copy of the “oasis report” for your car - this will list everything that is due to be fitted to your car in the build process.

If they’re talking about “exclusive edition” cars then it sounds like they could be thinking about the Pre July build cars as this is when these were available perhaps? Or it’s an error in the brochure maybe - but the build sheet/oasis report will confirm it for sure!
I asked for a Oasis report albeit the car is on lease but was told lease specs are different? I was sent this instead:
Colour
149 - Polar white
Interior
641 - ARTICO man-made leather / DINAMICA microfibre black with contrasting s
Factory Option Codes
05B - Owner's Manual and Service Booklet - English
243 - Active Lane Keeping Assist
258 - Collision Prevention Assist
270 - Aerial for GPS
286 - Luggage net on driver`s and front pass. backrest
287 - Through-loading feature
351 - Mercedes-Benz emergency call system
362 - Communication module without function, can be activated in the worksho
365 - Hard-disc navigation
367 - Preinstallation for Live Traffic Information
429 - 7G-DCT - dual clutch automatic transmission 1333.33
431 - Galvanised steering-wheel gearshift paddles
475 - Tyre pressure monitoring system
504 - Speed Limit Assist
537 - Digital radio
73B - Stowage compartment in centre console with retractable cover
79B - Preinstallation for digital radio
802 - Technical modifications (02)
873 - Heated front seats
936 - Cylinder shut-off
961 - Petrol particulate filter
P37 - Special model
PYA - WEU Standard Equipment
PYH - AMG Line
R - Right-hand drive
U10 - Automatic front passenger airbag deactivation
U54 - Torsion-beam axle
U59 - Seat comfort package
U62 - Light and Sight package
DP0 - Executive

Surely this list is incomplete? They confirmed the car comes with night package but no mention of it on here. Also im not sure what p37 special edition actually means! Its clearly not the exclusive editions

61 - 80 of 91 Posts