Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

MY802 (UK July 2021) Brochure & Model Changes

41K views 101 replies 31 participants last post by  veeeight 
#1 · (Edited)
There a few updates coming to the A Class in July 2021:
  • All AMG Line Trims are now called AMG Line Edition:
    • Added the night pack as standard (black door mirrors, removing the chrome trims around the windows and lower bumpers and grill etc.) with Black wheels and not dark grey
    • 64 colour Ambient lighting now standard on all AMG line trims (and A35 exec edition) whereas was previously only on premium and premium plus.
    • Red seat trim has been removed in AMG Line, is now Grey instead, and also has the stitching on the dashboard and doors as you get with the leather packs
    • Edition badged mats, instead of AMG Mats
    • Edition badging on the front wings
    • Matrix look aluminium trim on dash and doors instead of the brushed aluminium
    • Petrol and Diesel models are only available in Exec trim and above - only the Hybrid is available in base trim AMG line
  • Sport exec trim now comes with full Artico seats
  • Multi-Link rear Axle now only on Full AMG models
  • Ambient lighting in centre console has now been removed
  • 220d Engine now discontinued in the UK for the A Class
  • Seat cushion depth adjustment on the Passengers seat has been removed unless you have Electric seats

July 2021 Brochure:

See less See more
#65 ·
The other interesting thing about the AUS specification brochure, is that it states "From Sept 2021 Production". Does that mean it's MY802, or MY 802.5....... And the brochure/spec went to print in March 2021! :p

Historically, UK/EU MY802.5 will start Dec 2021. I can categorically tell you that the production lines and logistics will only reconfigure, twice a year, for MY802 and MY802.5. 😂

(Looking at the brochure and specs, it does look like AUS is lagging by 2/3 months, so your "Sept 2021" brochure is really our "July 2021" brochure, and is MY802).

#67 ·
I've pinned this to the W177 forum as I must admit I didn't recollect the original brochure thread but it is going to be an ongoing issue across the world so people can add to it and not start fresh discussions.

#68 ·
Hi,
As I discovered, Mercedes released two brochures with specifications and price lists in quick succession.
Both brochures began on July 1, 2021
The first one was released on May 5th and the second one from July 1st.
I chose the specifications for the new car from the first brochure (I had no idea about the second brochure that it exists) Since I chose the Premium option, it also included the Advanced Sound System 225W and Wireless Charging

Now I have found that in this July1st brochure, Mercedes has removed all options for the Premium and Advanced Sound system.
Now all models have a basic 100w with 6 speakers .In addition, it is no longer possible to charge the smartphone wirelessly.
Prices have remained the same even though removed items go into the thousands.
I find it hard to believe.
In Germany, I checked, it is as it was and everything is offered.
There is also a full offer in other European countries.
Has anyone already picked up the car with the reduced Sound System.

Regards
Chris
encl.

Attachments

#69 · (Edited)
I have the exact same concerns as you Chris. I ordered the a 250 premium because of the advanced sound system which appears to have disappeared from this brochure. With ambient lighting being included in lower models too I am not sure where the value is in the premium package. All that is left is the bigger instrument screen, a rear armrest and some front door sills. I am not seeing the value in the premium package for these.

I ordered the car just at the start of July with a delivery date in November and the July brochure I looked at had the speaker system. Hence my choice. This is really poor if this has been removed and the premium pack is pretty much pointless then.

#70 ·
Unfortunately, the situation is not interesting. I have confirmation from Mercedes that it is so, many things from the specification have been removed. The price remained the same. I am enclosing the reasons why this is so. I have ordered the A35 to be picked up on 14 December , not knowing that the new car will be gutted of a few things.
My dealer says he can return the deposit with ease. Perhaps in the meantime, Mercedes will revert to the original specifications. If not, I will wait for the normal specification. In time, selling such a gutted car will be a problem to find a buyer for a good price.
Chris

Attachments

#71 ·
We got a call from our dealer to if we would consider trading in our three year old AMG Line Premium plus car 12 months early a few weeks ago and we have been thinking about it but when using the build a car on the Mercedes webpage we cant see the normal AMG Line but it has an AMG Line edition that has black external bits and grey interior stitching and we are not keen on either TBH , is the AMG Line with the red stitching not available now ?

#72 ·
The document you attached is dated 2019 mate. Ive called up mercedes to confirm this and they have said this is not the case. Im waiting on a delivery for an 180 amg special edition executive and ambient light will not be included. I have attached the current brochure effective july 21, have a look and let me know what you think

Attachments

#77 ·
Well it was due 19th September but got pushed back to 15th of October. Honestly its so difficult finding out as it seems mercedes sales rep themselves are struggling with basic questions on what the car comes and doesn't come with. As far as i know the premium seems to include most premium features aside from Mercedes me features

#82 ·
I just dont get how they cant provide a comprehensive list lol how can u work in sales and not know what you're selling! Also from what i can find if the car is editions than it should be an exclusive model?
There's a video on YouTube of which leads me to believe the car should come with a 7in cluster and ambient lighting. Also editions come with the night pack with they've comfirmed it has but cant confirm ambient lights!

See link here:

#92 ·
Just been down my local dealership for A200 sport executive edition
Quoted March 2022 delivery earliest
Also told that wireless charging has been dropped due to chip shortage
But ambient lighting added
Looked at A180 in showroom and noticed extended seat bolster is only on drivers seat
Salesman hadn’t noticed the change

#93 ·
We was in the dealers a couple of weeks ago about to trade in our 2018 A200 AMG line premium plus for the same again , just as we was about to sign but then dealer let it slip that some of the options would be missing - wireless charging & the sound system would be the basic one & not the premium plus one , I wasn’t happy about this and we came home to think about it ,then after looking at the Mercedes website the module that lets you use the Me app and remote Nav & car updates is missing, we use the app all the time on our car now and subscribe to all the services , we called the dealers and turned the car down , I didn’t know about the suspension downgrade until reading this thread and for me that would be a major concern, I really don’t like all the black bits , the windows and window trim are ok but the exhausts and the front grill look terrible, the leather plain grey interior is also not as nice as the grey & red stitching on ours .

#97 ·
Quick update. I was told a few weeks ago my car would arrive in January but then i got a call from dealers saying my car has arrived and due for delivery next week. No options missing. A class 180 special edition executive auto. They have also confirmed it comes with night pack and ambient lights

#101 ·
There a few updates coming to the A Class in July 2021:
  • All AMG Line Trims are now called AMG Line Edition:
    • Added the night pack as standard (black door mirrors, removing the chrome trims around the windows and lower bumpers and grill etc.) with Black wheels and not dark grey
    • 64 colour Ambient lighting now standard on all AMG line trims (and A35 exec edition) whereas was previously only on premium and premium plus.
    • Red seat trim has been removed in AMG Line, is now Grey instead, and also has the stitching on the dashboard and doors as you get with the leather packs
    • Edition badged mats, instead of AMG Mats
    • Edition badging on the front wings
    • Matrix look aluminium trim on dash and doors instead of the brushed aluminium
    • Petrol and Diesel models are only available in Exec trim and above - only the Hybrid is available in base trim AMG line
  • Sport exec trim now comes with full Artico seats
  • Ambient lighting in centre console has now been removed
  • 220d Engine now discontinued in the UK for the A Class
  • Seat cushion depth adjustment on the Passengers seat has been removed unless you have Electric seats
Hi, I note in the July 21 brochure it confirms
I can’t see any mention of Axle re A250 so is it an assumption that the A250 has been relegated to torsion bar ?

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.