Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
A250E Premium Pack Mountain Grey
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have noticed a slight corruption in spoken navigation commands on my A250E and wondered if its just my unit or a known issue that others have experienced?

I'm running MBUX software version 081 which I believe is the current

I've had problems with previous cars with pronunciation which on some English place names just doesn't hit the mark but this isn't that or not quite anyway.

It seems to introduce a small pause in a spoken command string that manifests itself as almost a stutter.

So for instance I get

"in 100 yards take T' next left"

So the word "The" is shortened to "T" which then sounds as if a Northerner is issuing voice guidance (which messes with my North East London head).

On other commands its as if you've had a small audio drop out or clipping like you get on a badly ripped CD if burning to MP3 etc.

The command is always intelligible its just frustrating that it can't get through a command without some form of drop out.

So..................... anyone heard anything similar on their units and is there a fix please?

·
Registered
2018 A200 AMG Line Executive pack
116 Posts
Yes, I’ve heard similar. My gripe is that it cannot pronounce the town where I live - Reading - it always says it as in “reading a book” rather than “redding” as it is pronounced. Most of the language seems to be more northern than regional. Roads like Bath Road are said so differently to how it is known in my neck of the woods!
Even Siri seems to understand regional dialects better.

·
Registered
A250E Premium Pack Mountain Grey
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the “T” is new to me since I got the MBUX upgrade. The yorkshire edition as I now call it 🥴
This must be part of the Tories "Levelling Up" agenda.......a job with Mercedes for an unemployed Yorkshire continuity announcer confusing the Southerners with obscure voice commands.

I may mention it when I drop in for service but at least I can rule out something in my car being buggered up it seems

·
Registered
2018 A200 AMG Line Executive pack
116 Posts
I may mention it when I drop in for service but at least I can rule out something in my car being buggered up it seems.
I did query it with Mercedes me a while back. They said ask my dealer - the dealer said ask Mercedes me. Checkmate!

·
Registered
2020 A200 AMG line premium plus with DAP
193 Posts
We always laugh at the 'T' next left

Another funny one is the A414. Once in a while she says A 4-1-4 correctly, but most of the time she says A-4 <slight pause> 1 (in a higher voice) <slight pause> 4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts