Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2020 a class 220 amg . Can anyone tell me how I can reset the navigation please. cos it seem to have lost how it displayed when I first got the car.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
245 Posts
Does our A class mbux in front got full screen navigation instead of between for example speed and rpm dials? Like on new golf or bmw or a3?

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
245 Posts
Ah it needs two steps :) Thx first to make nav on right circle and then go to middle

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I thought the full screen sat nav in the display behind the steering wheel is only available on cars with the advanced navigation package? Perhaps someone without this package can confirm if it works?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ah it needs two steps :) Thx first to make nav on right circle and then go to middle
No you dont need to put on right circle. All you need to do, select the middle, press home button, select navigation and then using touch button (up/down) select ‘ Display’

you can keep Navigation option on the middle and everytime you want to use navigation as full display, just use touch button (up/down) to switch to full screen.

it looks complicated from my explanation 😁

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
245 Posts
Nope dont have option to click Display when on center screen to get full display like other options for example Distronic or fuel economy.
On YT mbux got 3 dots to select, me only 2 dots without option Display. If I could have such 3 dots/options to select I would asked :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nope dont have option to click Display when on center screen to get full display like other options for example Distronic or fuel economy.
On YT mbux got 3 dots to select, me only 2 dots without option Display. If I could have such 3 dots/options to select I would asked :D
do you have advanced navigation package? If not, then this proves athirtyfive’s theory

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
245 Posts
Yep, as You said it proves... which is fcking stupid...whats the "wall" not having this option FFS when not having ANP ...

·
Registered
705 Posts
I thought the full screen sat nav in the display behind the steering wheel is only available on cars with the advanced navigation package? Perhaps someone without this package can confirm if it works?
I dont have advanced nav and I havent found a way to have the nav full screen on the drivers display, well not yet anyway

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeap. It sucks, this is just a basic thing that should be available for free on all new cars with digital dash..

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yeap. It sucks, this is just a basic thing that should be available for free on all new cars with digital dash..
But you can have a small map or the next turn symbols in the center of the screen between the dials.

Personally I think this makes more sense anyway.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
But you can have a small map or the next turn symbols in the center of the screen between the dials.

Personally I think this makes more sense anyway.
Yes you are right, I don’t use the full screen sat nav in the drivers display often, but occasionally I like to mix things up. I sometimes have the AMG engine performance stats on the middle screen, full screen sat nav on the drivers display and full screen rev counter/MPH in the HUD.

No real reason for this over any other setup, but it’s one of the things I really like about MBUX and that’s the ability to really customise how things look. No other manufacturers UIs are this flexible.

Reactions: Macgd016

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes you are right, I don’t use the full screen sat nav in the drivers display often, but occasionally I like to mix things up. I sometimes have the AMG engine performance stats on the middle screen, full screen sat nav on the drivers display and full screen rev counter/MPH in the HUD.

No real reason for this over any other setup, but it’s one of the things I really like about MBUX and that’s the ability to really customise how things look. No other manufacturers UIs are this flexible.
Now you are just showing off 🤣 but why not, if you've got it flaunt it :cool:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
Wasn't always the case. M-B changed the spec sometime back, you could get the full screen nav display behind the steering wheel without the Advanced Nav Pack, then suddenly without warning, it was only available with Advanced Nav Pack.

Upset quite a few people at the time.

More:
Full Screen Map View On Dash

Beware- Mercedes & LSH Auto rip off!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I dont have advanced nav and I havent found a way to have the nav full screen on the drivers display, well not yet anyway
Oh yes I have, oh no I haven't (sorry if this cultural reference is too old for some here 🙄)

But I have just found that my March A250 prem plus does have the full screen Nav on the drivers display after all 🤭

1 - 20 of 20 Posts