Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I picked up my A180d from the dealership on Wednesday and the navigation isn’t working. It’s stuck on ‘navigation activating’. Does anyone know why this is or how to resolve it? It won’t let me update it either. It just says map update paused 0%

Cheers Jack

·
Registered
82 Posts
Jack, I take it from your post, that you've downloaded the latest map update and tried to install it into the database on the car? You could also try resetting all functions to factory settings. I remember after getting my car that I had to call the dealer to get the mercedes me activated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jack, I take it from your post, that you've downloaded the latest map update and tried to install it into the database on the car? You could also try resetting all functions to factory settings. I remember after getting my car that I had to call the dealer to get the mercedes me activated.
Yeah I’ve tried doing that. It just says paused 0%. All of my Mercedes me is activated. The navigation is just stuck on activating navigation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would try a different dealer in that case. I can tell you that after having my A Class for a few months and reading all the horror stories on this forum, I am less than impressed about this marque, which is supposed to be one of the most revered in its market segment. My last car was a VW mark 7 GTI and it was absolutely faultless in the three years I had it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It really sounds like a backend issue, maybe some kind of database issue where the activate nav in your car hasn't been written successfully. I think you need to ask your MB dealer to try and run the reactivation process again. If they fail to do this, you'll have to try Customer Services.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It really sounds like a backend issue, maybe some kind of database issue where the activate nav in your car hasn't been written successfully. I think you need to ask your MB dealer to try and run the reactivation process again. If they fail to do this, you'll have to try Customer Services.
Yeah it doesn’t seem right. I’m going to get it booked in to look at. I would’ve thought they would’ve checked everything like that when I purchased it. Not a good service really. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts