Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See below the pics of my new A180 I picked up a 2 weeks ago.

Colour: 
Cirrus White
Packages (Australia specific):
Vision Package (Pano roof, Bi-Xenons, LED running lights)
AMG Sports Package (18 inch wheels, chrome in various places, AMG body kit, AMG fabric trim, flat bottom steering wheel, black side mirrors, AMG mats, sports suspension, silver instrument panel....)

All going well so far, have had had the rattling belt holder issue a few others seem to have had, will get the dealer to check it out. 

Also, day before pick up the dealer said that they couldn't put a full size plate on the front as it will interfere with the parking and other sensors. Agreed for the small ones but then I come on here and everyone in Europe has full size plates on the front! 

Anyone from Australia operating with full size Euro plates on the front?

Edited by: vnet1

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very nice VNET. WE have exact same care here in UK
Agree tho that small plate looks little odd, I really can't see why it necessary - keep us informed
Enjoy

·
Registered
629 Posts
Looks a beauty. White with the pano roof and those wheels is gorgeous. Interesting to see the Aus spec vision pack.

Go and get Becker so you can remove the sat nav dangling from your screen!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was planning to buy a Becker after market saving myself $600 but as a few others in the forum mentioned the Australian version is not pre wired. Oh well!

Although less aesthetically pleasing Google maps off my phone should beat an integrated gps in the long run for both features and the latest maps. If the iPhone drive kit ever comes to Australia and works with Google maps it may be enough to sway me.
Edited by: vnet1

·
Registered
297 Posts
Black on white always looks so mint! Congratulations buddy, I'm digging that blue euro plates too, have pleasant years ahead with her! Too bad you're not in WA, otherwise MEETUP! haha surely sydney would have a meetup before the likes of WA. ciao!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great looking car, congratulations! Mine looks extremely similar, perhaps we'll have the pleasure of passing each other by at some point

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats on the car. Still waiting for mine, but have requested for full Euro size plates.

I would call BS on what the dealer said about the front plates, as the now visible black mounting bracket should fit the Euro plate. When I was at the dealers, noticed that the black mounting plate was only on models with the AMG Sports kit, models without had a recessed section which would have fitted a full size Euro plate.

One possible reason was that you particularly requested for that particular Euro plate design with the Southern Cross. In that case, the front plates are always smaller. The only Euro style plate that is full size for front and back is the "classic" style. So if this is the case, then dealer obviously was being creative with their explanation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dna, its sounding like BS to me as well. Originally requested the classic white and they told me too big on the front so they switched me to the icon (southern cross). Tell me how you go when yours arrives in the next few months.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you able to remove the Black Mounting Plastic? I want slimline on the front, do they put the black plastic on during pre delivery or is it from factory? I might ask my dealer not to install the mount.<mytubeelement id="myTubeRelayElementToTab" ="relayPrefs" =""loadBundle":true"></mytubeelement>

·
Registered
13 Posts
vnet1 said:
Yeah, I was planning to buy a Becker after market saving myself $600 but as a few others in the forum mentioned the Australian version is not pre wired. Oh well!
</span>
</span>
Bugger, where did you find out this info from?</span>

</span>
MB want to charge $1k for the becker

Edited by: tomee

·
Registered
39 Posts
tommyk said:
Are you able to remove the Black Mounting Plastic? I want slimline on the front, do they put the black plastic on during pre delivery or is it from factory? I might ask my dealer not to install the mount.<mytubeelement id="myTubeRelayElementToTab" ="relayprefs"=""loadBundle":true"></mytubeelement>
I would be interested in finding out as well.
I have a golf R and there is a plate holder delete thread on the australian site.
The bumper is flat on the golf but the merc is bent in the middle and is not completely flat.
I thought I saw a smaller plate holder on one of the european picture threads
In regard to the smaller plate, did you request a custom number not starting with N?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey,

I'm in Queensland, and I've ordered virtually the same licence plates for you for my new A class (looks virtually exact same as yours) expected to arrive in late November. I've got both licence plates as the slimline version however. Are yours standard on the back and slimline at the front? Tossing up whether I need to order the new licence plates in order to make the back of the car not look to bare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep - standard euro on the back, slim on the front.

Would have preferred standard euro on both.

Regarding black plastic being removable, not sure best to ask the dealer.

Regarding N not being present: its the euro icon range so it doesn't have the N, see myplates.com.au.Edited by: vnet1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aspreviously promised, update on the plates situation as I've now picked mine up. There were no issues with fitment of the NSW standard Euro plates on the front. Interestingly though, even with the plastic bracket, the surface was not completely flat. The plates have been bent slightly to fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts