Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all glad i found this forum!

My name is Jodie and yes i'm a male...
I just picked up my new Cirrus white A200 Sport on saturday and love it!

I have 18" AMG Multi spoke black wheels fitted
AMG Sport Package
Command Package
Vision Package

I have a few mods on the cards 1 being a plug n play techworld chip which will increase power from 115kw to 140kw from what they say. And a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs part number E10-25-033-02-22 to lower it a further inch to inch and a half.
this is from pick up saturday just gone.
</span>

</span>
</span>

</span>
This is it just after it hit the show room</span>

</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
And last off my online configuration :)</span>

</span>
</span>

</span>
Cheers</span>
Jodie</span>

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Jodie, welcome to the forum! and congratulations for your new car!! It must be exciting right? yes it must be... we all know how it feels (the people who already has theirs).

I have a few questions for you, how much is the chip upgrade?
Which part of aus are you from?
and lastly, are you sure you want to upgrade the chip so quick after getting the car? will it not void the warranty of the car should anything goes wrong? If you felt the 115kw was not sufficient why didn't you go for the A250 instead? (this model has been proven for the best exceptional value for its price)

Sorry, don't mean to be a party pooper, I'm just a curious fella

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome Loe.
i originally wanted the A250 but nearly 10k more could not afford it.
i have no idea yet what the chip is worth im still waiting to hear from manufacturer. one can never have too much power ;)
because chip is a piggy back setup it does not register with the onboard computer so easily removed for service and warranty. it is really a 10 minute job to fit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh, haha that's a nice find then. It's just a piggyback system and an extra 25kw? yea i could see the interest in there.. But if it ends up costing way too much then... (labour costs? even a 10 minutes job if they charge 200$ p/h then that's 35 $ everytime you want the system on and off, not to mention the chip price itself?)

ANYWAY! which part aus you from mate? havent answered that one

Have a look around the forum, and make your own post of your update photos (where you been with the car) in the gallery section. Have fun!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the one in the show room is definitely mine, the wheels were swapped from there demo.
Im in Muswellbrook NSW.

Also just got email back from techworld price is 590 euro or $788 aus.

like the video shows its plug and play. comes already tuned. 10 minute fit with no tools required. And does not show on factory computer logs ;) i May need to change the air filter but im waiting to hear back on that one. Alot of tuner claim to improve fuel economy (when you not up it that is!) will keep posted if and when its fitted. I would like to know if the transmission shifts in manual mode could be sped up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome! I've got a very similar looking Cirrus White A250, am living at the base of the Blue Mountains. Where did you buy your beauty from?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gday hibba well i wanted a white A250 couldn't quite afford it so got next best thing ;) couldn't be happier.
i got mine from Justin and John at Hunter Star Motors at Bennetts Green.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i actually prefer the look of the grill in the 200 now. im going to give mine some black and red high lights. that will be taken from the A250 and A45 style.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts