Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks just joined up. Took delivery of my new A250e AMG Prem+ yesterday and looking forward to getting to grips with a new way of driving. Have already done my 1st unintentional wheelspin o_O:LOL:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you getting on with it? Mines on order with a November delivery date.
It is quite different from previous Mercs that I've owned and I am having to adjust my driving style but I knew that was on the cards. The primary reason for getting the A250e is that I work in central London and drive to work and thanks to Khans extended Con charge it was gonna add £3k+ to my commute!! Well I've only done about 120 miles so far, managed to get a return journey to work (40 miles) on electric only bar about 1min of ICE when 'playing on a 70 mph stretch :) Fuel economy is excellent, I've only used 20 miles of the shown range whilst actually doing 80 mile on petrol. The ride is very smooth even over some pretty crap typical London road surfaces. When the ICE kicks in, its a bit harsh sounding but to be fair it pulls really quite well for a 1.3l. The MBUX is going to take a bit of getting used to with all the touch pads rather than the old COMAND system dial/knob, although the voice command recognition is spot on and very easy to use. The interior is quality from top to bottom. The only negatives for me, and they are 1st world problems only are, 1/ no power tailgate, which I had on both my last 2 GLA 250's, 2/ the space under the boot is pretty much non-existent as the big battery lives there now, so no space for all the very nice MB cleaning products I was given. 3/ my Ipod nano is not compatible so will need to reload onto another device.
Ask me again in a month or so once I've settled in some more..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently counting the days until my 250e Premium arrives in September. Glad to hear you're getting on ok with it. I'm sure wheelspins will be fairly common with all that electrical torque available 😬 I'm looking forward to learning a new driving style, along with the silent town crawling.

Good to know it handles UK road surfaces too.

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts