Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to this forum. I have a a200 amg sport in blue with night package camra and sat nav had it since new reg came out and love it but I am wanting bit more power now any ideas when anything out for it

·
Registered
112 Posts
Techworld does a plug n play tuner claim is 140 kw for a A200. But they won't sell to me cause I'm in Australia!
Look em up on youtube.Edited by: joesbuell

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Ackers1987, my mate actually purchased a DTUK box for his Skoda and I must say it does make a big difference. From what he has showed me you have an option to change between 4 different maps on this box. I think the higher number you go the more power you can get from it but obviously higher the map the more harsh it is aswell.

Its worth while ringing them, I have spoke with them in the past and they are quiet helpful.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I have read somewhere that you should not push your new AMG cars for the first 3000 miles or so as the engine needs to run in and the performance gets better over time. I will try and see if I can get the info and post it here.

·
Registered
687 Posts
jbess said:
Correct me if I am wrong but I have read somewhere that you should not push your new AMG cars for the first 3000 miles or so as the engine needs to run in and the performance gets better over time. I will try and see if I can get the info and post it here.
I think this was briefly discussed in another thread and dont post it here as the topic actually justifies a seperate thread as "RUN-IN Period"
Some believe to drive them hard from the start to get the engine "run in " other say to be gentle.
a separate topic and some advice and experience could be helpful from other members

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.