Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,As our regulars may have noticed we've changed the format of the forums a little.

The idea behind it is to better differentiate between new and classic A-Class models and to ensure members can easily post and search the correct forums when looking for information.

Can I ask that going forward you ensure your post is in the correct forum - for example Newbies is for introductions only. Technical chat about the new A-Class has it's own forum and banter about the Classic A-Class also has it's own

This should help keep the forum organised. Of course as the forum grows more changes will be made to accommodate the growing membership base. Feedback is welcomed!

Next on my list is to update the look and feel of the site so don't be alarmed if it looks a little different next time you visit

Cheers
Dan

Update 23/07/13

I have now expanded the 'Technical Section' to include extra areas for discussion on faults, modifications, wheels, tyres, engine etc.

The idea is to minimise the amount of posts in the Main Message Centre and the Technical forum so that it's easier for you to search and get assistance from members.

Thanks

<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">
Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
626 Posts
Top job Dan.

I like the new layout - I'm sure old and new A Class owners will find it even more useful.

Thanks,
Simon

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Dan

New layout is clearer to use, I like it. Good to know you're keeping your eye on it and not letting grow into a monster. Once we all start getting and running our cars I can see the format possibly becoming more of a help and advice rather than us all drooling over the lucky owners getting their A Class before us.
Keep up the good work Dan.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm sure it will keep evolving as everyone starts to collect. Perhaps I should have added a drooling forum for now!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd be one of the first on there Dan!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice change to the home page Dan!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dan - Do you think we could add in a detailing section? We could each post our recommendations, hints and tips on what works and what doesnt.

·
Registered
352 Posts
spot on

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Dan - noticed on some posts that when you try to copy a link location into a post it doesn't come up as a hyperlink - can this be sorted ??

found out how to do it now - use hyperlink button

Edited by: TerryA213

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks Dan I'm a newbie but have been checking the forum every day. I have already learnt so much about my new A class. Didn't know about the hold function etc. before. Keep up the good work

·
Registered
112 Posts
My dealer Hunter Star Motors did close to 1 and hour delivery with me, soo much to take in lol still learning.One of 1st things i was told at test drive was about the HOLD function which i use all the time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, great function. They prob told me too but as you say so much to take in. I am going back to the dealer for another ' lesson' mainly want more help with the self park, haven't been game to try that yet.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Dan - more and more owners are posting pics of their cars - used to be on the EVO forum and there was a feature included in your profile bit that was called my car. You could add mods / pics etc into a controllable thread by the user to update images and mods of their car.

Might be useful on this forum as it will be easy for others to see what they have done ??

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I do like that idea - I'll what what 'mods' are available on this forum software and see what I can setup
<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is how it shows on their forum - you add stuff from MY MLR from the header page - then when you click on a new post the my car is a link from each members posts profile

http://www.lancerregister.com
Edited by: TerryA213

1 - 18 of 18 Posts