Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Another new member.

Ordered my 2.0 AMG Sport diesel at beginning of November, and was given an estimated delivery date of the 25th March. Had a phone call from the dealer on my way home from work tonight to say my car had arrived on the back of a transporter today - two months early. Can't wait to pick it up, and can't believe it's arrived early - it will replace my CLC.

Still haven't seen one on the roads of West Sussex yet.

J

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
congrats, I haven't seen a one on the road up north yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been to sign some paperwork and sort out registration plate on it today, so had a sneaky peak at it. It looks amazing, and can't wait to pick it up next Saturday.

Jan

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay quick update - got home after signing the paperwork and having a sneaky peak at the car. The car was very covered up with plastic on seats and over some of the controls etc., but I thought about it driving home Friday evening, and realised it didn't have the wheels that we'd ordered. Checked all my paperwork, and configured the car on the website with my spec and realised they had shown me a Sport not an AMG Sport !

It appears that Mercedes Portsmouth have told me incorrectly that my car had arrived !! Might explain why it's arrived two months early. The only issue at the moment is we don't know whether they ordered the incorrect car for me 3 months ago, or whether they have just allocated the wrong car to me, and everything is still on track from my original order !! Won't know till Monday as Sales are blaming it on Admin - bet we never get the correct version !!

If they have ordered the incorrect car, and I've wasted three months - well.....................you will hear me in Scotland I think

Not a happy bunny any more.

Jan

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's terrible Jan I feel your frustration. I sincerely hope that they have ordered the right car for you and made a mistake telling you that you car had arrived. It doesn't sound like very good service especially as no one wants to take responsibility! I hope you get a satisfactory answer and outcome tomorrow. Let us know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay quick update - Mercedes Portsmouth realised they had had the wrong car delivered for me, and on Monday told me they would have to place a new order for my car !! Apparently it's Mercedes UK who built me the wrong car, which I'm inclined to believe as all my paperwork from Portsmouth is correct, and I've always had impeccable service from them over the years. I was promised that the new order would arrive in time for my original order date of the 25th March - so no harm done, apart from a bit of getting my hopes up.......and then letting me fall with a massive bump !!

On Tuesday at 9.00 am I got a call from the Salesman to say my correct car will be delivered to the dealership on Monday next week (4th Feb). All my options will be on the car apart from the heated seats which they will fit at the dealers once the car arrives. I still can't get out of the Salesman exactly what happened, but as far as I am concerned they have resolved the matter really quickly and I'm happy again. I can't help but feel that some poor person has had the delivery of their AMG Sport delayed though to keep me quiet !!

Jan

·
Registered
47 Posts
So Jan did your new car miraculously appear on Monday? It all sounds very strange and like you suspect maybe someone else is now having to wait..... Hopefully they weren't informed their car was on it it's way!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been phoning our Dealers since Monday to find out if the car has arrived and to arrange to collect it on Saturday, and every day I have been promised a phone call back, which as I write has not happened. I spoke to the Dealer Principal this morning who promised me a call back this afternoon with an update, and needless to say he didn't phone me back. Our Salesman that we have bought all our cars off is unfortunately off this week due to a bereavement, and it appears no one else is interested in helping me !! We usually have fantastic service from this Dealers, but I am rapidly losing my patience with them.

If I can't pick it up this Saturday then I can't pick it up for another three weeks, so I do hope I get a phone call tomorrow to say it will be ready.

I was surprised on Saturday to receive a log book in the post from the DVLA for the new car, and that arrived with me before the car was even delivered to the Dealers !!

I will keep you posted - I am beginning to think ordering this car was actually one big dream lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh dear sounds like a right carry on. Really hope you get to pick it up this Saturday and I hope the log book you have received is for the correct car and not the one you went to sign for last week!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts