Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have just joined the forum.

Took delivery of my New A Class A200 CDI AMG Sport in Jupiter Red on 8th January.

Driven 2400 miles so far and enjoyed every minute.

Will post pictures soon.

Would be great to hear from other members with simular model.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi

That's a lot of miles! I've ordered the same but in Cirrus White unfortunately I've got to wait until the end of April (ordered early Nov). Look forward to seeing some pics. I'm particularly interested to see what the front Daytime lights look like on one without the Night package.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi there. Yes defo want to see photo's.

As someone who's probably covered more miles than anyone else in the UK at this stage!! can you let us have your thoughts on what its like to live with? Best bit / any niggles?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi

I live really really close to you and took delivery of a Southsea Blue A200 CDI AMG Sport on the 9th February. I still haven't seen another A Class on the road, can't believe I live so near to you, and haven't seen you around. I drive to Portsmouth every day in it. I've only done 500 miles in mine so far, but absolutely love it.

J

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, No real serious niggles with the new A class to talk about.
Ride on my AMG Sport model is a bit hard at times dependant on road surface but ne where near as bad as some reviews are saying.
Visability can be restricted throw the rear screen so I have added my own reversing camera and sensors.
Overall a good purchase and well worth the money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazing I also travel to Portsmouth every day.May be we could meet up and compare notes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mon2s said:
Hi there. Yes defo want to see photo's.

As someone who's probably covered more miles than anyone else in the UK at this stage!! can you let us have your thoughts on what its like to live with? Best bit / any niggles?
Hi, No real serious niggles with the new A class to talk about.
Ride on my AMG Sport model is a bit hard at times dependant on road surface but ne where near as bad as some reviews are saying.
Visability can be restricted throw the rear screen so I have added my own reversing camera and sensors.
Overall a good purchase and well worth the money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hereis a Picture of my A200 CDI AMG Sport.

Edited by: mixonic2

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Very nice too! Finalised my order today so only 9 weeks to go. Enjoy your car and let us know anything that is important! Glad I ordered the reverse camera and sensors, it appears that I will need them!

Really pleased for you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lynne said:
Very nice too! Finalised my order today so only 9 weeks to go. Enjoy your car and let us know anything that is important! Glad I ordered the reverse camera and sensors, it appears that I will need them!

Really pleased for you!
Hi Lynne,
My Car was another customers cancelled order and so couldn't spec any extras. So I fitted revering sensors and reversing Camera from Ebay myself. You are quite right these are a very important extra as rear view is very restricted.

Edited by: mixonic2

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It is really lovely in Red, I did test drive a red one, but I decided the white Engineered is the one for me, I loved the Diamond Radiator and the touches of red! Enjoy your lovely car!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Mixonic2. Great pics another good looking Jupiter Red! Thanks for the comments it feeds our thirst for details while we wait!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mixonic2. Your car looks great, cant wait to get mine in red hopefully before 18th May.It's going to be a long wait!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ooooh!! Definitely looks well in red. Got me all excited about mine. 2 weeks tomorrow so near and yet so far.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, I bought the reversing camera from ebay (£48.00).
Measurered the centre of th bumper and made sure that thier was enought room behind to drill mounting hole.
Installed wireless camera into the hole and electrical conections to the reversing light circuit.
I then fitted the lcd moniter in the storage space below the heater controls and this is bone by sticking a mounting bracket into place with double sided tape and then plugging in the monitor into the aux power outlet.
Now when car is put into reverse the camera operates and turns the monitor on automatically.
I installed reversing sensors at the same time in a simular way. Both jobs took around 2 hours in total.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vaptorx said:
How did you installed this camera in to your car ?
Do you have any guide of how to do that ?
Hi, I bought the reversing camera from ebay (£48.00).Measurered the centre of th bumper and made sure that thier was enought room behind to drill mounting hole.Installed wireless camera into the hole and electrical conections to the reversing light circuit.I then fitted the lcd moniter in the storage space below the heater controls and this is bone by sticking a mounting bracket into place with double sided tape and then plugging in the monitor into the aux power outlet.Now when car is put into reverse the camera operates and turns the monitor on automatically.I installed reversing sensors at the same time in a simular way. Both jobs took around 2 hours in total.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts