Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just joined the forum and awaiting my delivery of the engineered by AMG in mountain grey. Cant wait now. Should be picking it up round about the 20th of this month. How are you guys finding it to drive?

·
Registered
377 Posts
it is totally awesome.... :)

what options have you gone for? I have the same car as you in the same colour.. picked up on 1st March.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only gone for the rear parking sensors. i am contemplating asking about the Drive Kit Plus and the Becker Sat Nav systems. What options have you got?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Have a look at post, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting. Kevybabes has written a good description of the car. I am counting the weeks for mine! The comments have all been very good, except for the mpg!

·
Registered
192 Posts
JB
Firstly get your becker online auction site (just make sure it's a uk seller) it will save you about £200!!
Also do you have media interface? If so you may not need drive kit
It's only for extra iPhone bits really

Hope this helps

·
Registered
54 Posts
JBenson said:
I have only gone for the rear parking sensors. i am contemplating asking about the Drive Kit Plus and the Becker Sat Nav systems. What options have you got?
Becker Map Pilot is only £295.00 on Amazon. Dont pay MB prices.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Re drive kit plus.... if you have an iphone 4 or 4s it does away with the need for Becker as the Garmin sat nav within the App is far better.. plus you can use POI using google maps and street view.. check out the demo's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help. Does anyone think that the drive kit plus is worth getting then and if so how much did it cost?? Also can you change the digital speed readout into mph instead of km/h?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think the drive kit plus is great got mine last year i think vaptorx and kevybabes are the most recent guys to get theirs so could advice on price. Have you looked through the settings menu for the unit change?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
The little km/h is always there due to it being missing on the dial mat, digital mph is in one of the trip menus

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't think you can change the KMH and I suspect its because the speedo is MPH only. I think in the rest of the EU you can change that display to 'Outside Temp' but not here!! I have only skimmed over manual so could be mistaken!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi.. I paid around £740 fitted for the drive kit plus.. I think it's worth it.

I was going to ask the same question re the digital read out from KM's to MPH.. I've looked on all the settings and can't how to change, the change unit function only changed the main display & Odemeter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll have to have a look into the drive kit plus now :).
Did any of you get offered something called starshine or something similar to the (cant quite remember the name of it) its a bit like autoglym i think, they said it was to protect the cars paintwork. they are goin to charge me nearly £500 for it and think im being played here but may be wrong.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Star guard, books at £500 but never pay more than £200 for it, I paid £199 and think its worth it, you get a bag of bits including a bird mess remover foam which will come in handy around here!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi there, I managed to get Starguard thrown in... as well as all the bits they use a protective top seal for the paint that is applied and left overnight to harden.. they claim it keeps the paintwork looking pristeen wash after wash for three years! Not so sure but I'd say worth trying to get this thrown in if you can..

depends if you got any money off elsewhere I guess but personally this was all I got!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi JB like kevvybabes said try and get it thrown in but if not shop around coz lots of other places offer it and you can definitely get it cheaper than £500.

·
Registered
97 Posts
aguycalleddb said:
The little km/h is always there due to it being missing on the dial mat, digital mph is in one of the trip menus

So the digital speedometer in which you set in the trip menu will display in mph? Is that the one with the gear shift display as said in the manual?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
dont know about the gear shift as i've got an auto and havent read the maual :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
The kph is apparently a euro requirement on all cars now so the fact we use mph the small kph (removed from normal dial for easier reading!) is to satisfy the euro if you take the car over there!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts