Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newbie to the post might need everyone's help looking at taking merc to court depending on my cars engineer report 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2015 an if its manufacture defect then under warranty, mercedes call center says we have plenty customers calling about the jupiter red issue but mercedes has advised them they will not do anything that's there stance. an if its a opel fire red then they have no issues. need someone to take a stand clearly if everyone is fobbed off mercedes won't take responsibility am pricing it up court cost etc.

ps mercedes have offered me full money back currently saying u had the car 6 weeks for free lol

Registered
2015 an if its manufacture defect then under warranty, mercedes call center says we have plenty customers calling about the jupiter red issue but mercedes has advised them they will not do anything that's there stance. an if its a opel fire red then they have no issues. need someone to take a stand clearly if everyone is fobbed off mercedes won't take responsibility am pricing it up court cost etc.

ps mercedes have offered me full money back currently saying u had the car 6 weeks for free lol
So are you saying there's an issue with the paint quality on the Jupiter Red colour? What is the issue?
And to be quite honest, if you're that pissed off with the car and MB, and they've offered you a full refund, I'd take it. Completely understand your stand on principle though! 馃憦

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the lacquer is peeling off, first day the delivered massive patch on boot peeled off , boot wouldn't shut , back internal door panels had holes in it , large chip on wing. they took it back sorted it. then 24hrs later boots playing up again an its like wtf.... but again they sorted it few weeks later. so within 30 days that's been issue an then I spot more lacquer peeling off. an its like really again.. so I kicked off so they said they rang mercedes an no official call back on jupiter red for lacquer issue. but clearly there is plenty of threads about it. if this be several months down the line I be like just unlucky cos it's under 30 days p*ss me off.

3 options
1 take money back
2 keep car an lived with it cos its 6 years old
3 keep car have a report done pay out of my pocket if its a manufacturer defect sue mercedes for the work or bite the bullet thinking alteast I know the car paint work is on point

Registered
With that kind of issue, I must admit I would take the money and run!! Life's to short as the saying go's.

Do you have proof the car has not been resprayed in that 6 years?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't know where to get that info nothing on log book an no info forth coming from dealers.

Registered
Exactly......and that's what they'll ask you to prove 'beyond reasonable doubt' if you take them to court!
How many owners? (not including you)

Registered
Take it to we buy any car .com they check the paint thickness and can tell if any repairs/resprays have been done.
Or buy a car paint thickness meter.
car paint thickness meter - Google Search
I do know what they are, been in the car industry for 25 years and used quite a few different professional and industry standard ones.

Do you have the original MB paint thickness spec from the factory?

In past experience the only time we had an issue with paint was if a 'bad mix' came from the supplier. The long term (warranty) fear was that the lacquer and base would separate. Our worst case was batch of about 300 completed that cars were scrapped just because of the potential issue.

Registered
Take it to we buy any car .com they check the paint thickness and can tell if any repairs/resprays have been done.
Or buy a car paint thickness meter.
car paint thickness meter - Google Search
And don't forget, repairs and resprays are done at the factory if a car is damaged or scratched before delivery.

Ask MB for the cars C.V.I.C or it birth certificate, as this will have all and any repairs done to the car before leaving the factory.

Registered
newbie to the post might need everyone's help looking at taking merc to court depending on my cars engineer report 馃憤
We purchased a 63 plate a200 two year ago and the last year the rear spoiler door handles and now roof and bonnet have blistered and peeled. MB are saying there is nothing of a recall on this colour just the Opel fire red. It clearly is a paint issue they need to resolve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts