Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

About a year ago I bought a 2018 A Class. This was (and is) a real upgrade for me as my previous car was a 2007 Suzuki Swift :)

So last month I took my car to the local Merc dealer for maintenance. They did some regular work + changing gearbox oil and replace front and rear brakes. This cost me around €1.400. Clearly A lot more than my old Suzuki, but that is to be expected with a premium car brand. No problem.

However, this weekend (about 3 weeks after said maintenance) my MBUX started trilling. It kept rebooting and would not respons to anything. Called the Merc dealer again and they said it needed a software update.

So I took the car to the dealer today, left it there and got to work. A few hours later they call me saying that the MBUX would not upgrade and they contaxted Mercedes. Mercedes told them the hard disk needed to be replaced. Costing me around €750..

I did expect higher maintenance cost and the €1.400 did not surprise me. However, I did not expect the elektronics to fail in a car just over 3 years old. How common is this amongst the current A Class or premium brands in general? Am I just unlucky?

Since this is a forum full of enthousiasts I guess I can’t leave without a pic of my car :)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
24 Posts
I took out a Merc service plan for my A35 when I bought it about nine months ago. This is over 4 years and and costs £30 per month, and my wife has just had the first service on her A200 which cost £343 including replacing the wiper blades. 1400 euros seems a lot even with the brake pads being replaced.

·
Super Moderator
5,107 Posts
the MBUX would not upgrade and they contaxted Mercedes. Mercedes told them the hard disk needed to be replaced. Costing me around €750..
On this specific cost, you or the dealer should ask for the cost of the disc to be covered by MB as a goodwill gesture. It should not have gone wrong in the first place in a 2018 car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine A class is same as yours just without black trim. My services cost each year 220 Euro. Still did not need to change pads so i dont know how much it will cost. But did not know that parts are that expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts