Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Digital White A-Class A200 Manual AMG-Line Premium Plus
25 Posts
Good news. To have some of the items no longer on the A-Class is probably now standard spec so a dealer wouldn't mention it.
I was hoping he would confirm if the communications module and augmented reality satnav was fitted or not, others have said they had to sign waivers for it to be fitted at a later date due to supply issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Evening all.

So ordered our new a class a200d sport executive auto 3 weeks ago but still waiting for a build date we were told to expect delivery for Sept Oct but beginning to think that might be a bit unrealistic due to delays and covid/brexit issues.

But have also heard that there is a face-lift due soon (apparently)

But I would like the current shape in general how long are people waiting for build dates ??

I am hoping ours will not be missing any chips or modules like most have been.
Well I ordered mine on April 12th with collection next Friday 30th July.
Chip shortage in theory delayed my car atleast a month when projected it would have been 6 months!

I would say order quick as you can to join the queue!

Haven't heard anything about the facelist to be honest.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
I was hoping he would confirm if the communications module and augmented reality satnav was fitted or not, others have said they had to sign waivers for it to be fitted at a later date due to supply issues.
True. I wonder whether some cars are getting enough chips to fit all the expected hardware. I would explicitly ask the question by email.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Picking mine up Friday (30/07/21) minus communications module and augmented reality. *See update below.
Will be speaking to them about compensation as I will be unable to use facilities I paid for for about 6 months until the modules are fitted.

A200 Manual Digital White AMG-Line Premium Plus
:)

UPDATE 16:00
Phone call from dealer to say augmented reality satnav is no longer being fitted to new builds, this also affects speed limit update shown in the drivers display. :mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Collected mine on 23 July (built on 18 May) and it has augmented reality satnav and speed limit recognition. Assuming yours was built before July, I think it should have these functions. Augmented reality not mentioned in the July 21 brochure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Collected mine on 23 July (built on 18 May) and it has augmented reality satnav and speed limit recognition. Assuming yours was built before July, I think it should have these functions. Augmented reality not mentioned in the July 21 brochure.
Mine came out the factory on 13/07/21 so well P'd off...... Changing the spec and still charging the same.

I ordered in April so expected to have what I saw then in the brochure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine came out the factory on 13/07/21 so well P'd off...... Changing the spec and still charging the same.

I ordered in April so expected to have what I saw then in the brochure.
Hmmmm let's see if I'm the same boat. It does look like you got the July 21 build as that pic shows the night package.
I was told the production for my car started on 1st June then got delayed up until recently where they said I could collect on July 30th with the build sheet staying the same which has augmented reality.
My dealer hasn't said anything different other when I signed the waiver for the 4g module and augmented reality not being included when I collect the car but not at all.

Hopefully a resolution is resolved for all.

I'll post pics on Friday too

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dealer stated communications module will be fitted at a later TBD date and there is no augmented reality satnav on any Mercedes on 1st July build onwards.

UPDATE
Just looked at the brochure version effective from July dated 05/05/21 - Augmented Reality Satnav included on PremiumPlus
Brochure version effective from July dated 01/07/21 - Augmented Reality Satnav removed for all models

Traffic Sign Assist is still there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dealer stated communications module will be fitted at a later TBD date and there is no augmented reality satnav on any Mercedes on 1st July build onwards.
Did you have to sign 2 waivers as I had one for the 4g module and another for augmented reality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No waivers signed yet.... Was only told car was at dealers about to get PDI'd today

Just thought..... No augmented Reality Satnav camera also means no way to use the built-in dashcam app..... Still
I'm getting a Blackvue DR900X 2ch 256GB with a B-124X battery backup fitted so 4k slightly better than the 720p of the 'built-in'.(y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
No waivers signed yet.... Was only told car was at dealers about to get PDI'd today

Just thought..... No augmented Reality Satnav camera also means no way to use the built-in dashcam app..... Still
I'm getting a Blackvue DR900X 2ch 256GB with a B-124X battery backup fitted so 4k slightly better than the 720p of the 'built-in'.(y)
Yh I won't be paying 200quid to use the 720p camera when I already have a Nextbase 522GW dashcam.

In the grand scheme of things augmented reality is most likely just a gimmick so it's not really a big loss.

Also it's a shame they keep removing things from the car. Before it was park assist and now augmented reality. They will probably remove all the bient lighting soon!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Picked mine up too..... July build which I knew about. No Augmented Reality Nav.

Offered me £500 against accessories or 2yrs service. I took the accessories as 2yrs service isn't going to cost them much.

I've now found wireless charging doesn't work/missing, so phone call to dealer for information.

Pictures to follow......

(y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Picked mine up too..... July build which I knew about. No Augmented Reality Nav.

Offered me £500 against accessories or 2yrs service. I took the accessories as 2yrs service isn't going to cost them much.

I've now found wireless charging doesn't work/missing, so phone call to dealer for information.

Pictures to follow......

(y)
Yh a bit annoying that so many things are being removed. I tested the wireless charging and it works for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Picked mine up today A200d Auto AMG Line Premium Plus in denim blue. Ordered it on 27 May and due for delivery end July which it was minus the connectivity module. I had already agreed to take it anyway and have it retro fitted. Couldn’t give me any timescale but offered two free services and because they’re desperate for used cars an extra £500 on the part ex.
I think the only thing I’ll really miss is live traffic but I was going to use TomTom app on CarPlay. Bit disappointed to find that it doesn’t use all of the widescreen and when the phone is connected using the cable it doesn’t fit in the storage compartment. Anyone know if there’s a wireless option

·
Registered
42 Posts
Picked mine up today A200d Auto AMG Line Premium Plus in denim blue. Ordered it on 27 May and due for delivery end July which it was minus the connectivity module. I had already agreed to take it anyway and have it retro fitted. Couldn’t give me any timescale but offered two free services and because they’re desperate for used cars an extra £500 on the part ex.
I think the only thing I’ll really miss is live traffic but I was going to use TomTom app on CarPlay. Bit disappointed to find that it doesn’t use all of the widescreen and when the phone is connected using the cable it doesn’t fit in the storage compartment. Anyone know if there’s a wireless option
Get yourself one of these:

fit my iPhone 12 Pro max in there (only just!) and can still close the cover.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks to both of you, I’ve just noticed there’s an option on my iPhone for wireless connection so I’ll try that tomorrow, if not I’ll go for the cable, I’ve got an iPhone 12 so it’s smaller

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Guys, i placed an order to a a200 saloon amg premium plus in june, with 360 parktronic and DriveAssistant Package (code PAY)
I was given the date of production of October\November but already pushed forward to January\February.

I'm here to ask you since i already took a look in a production sheet, no VIN yet, and saw somethings missing.
I think there is the Active Lane change missing, as i think is the code K32 and the 235 combined with 8B6 is ledding me to thing that will not have Active Park as well.

Saw here later, that are there some relevant production changes and that could came off?

Is there any chance that the coding is different?

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
I think there is the Active Lane change missing, as i think is the code K32 and the 235 combined with 8B6 is ledding me to thing that will not have Active Park as well.
Yes correct, Change in EU Regulations.

see:

101 - 120 of 164 Posts