Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Removing wireless charging seems such a backwards move. Phones in the next few yards are not going to have charging ports. If Mercedes are to still call themselves premium, then surely having little things like Wireless charging when others are charging for it or don’t offer it, can be something people buy a Mercedes for.
It seems like a pre-Covid build with a decent spec is now a better car than even the best specced car now.

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
If Mercedes are to still call themselves premium
Sorry to crush any hopes and dreams, they don’t. Their marketing and advertising would have you to believe that however.

Lots of previous debate on this forum, but Mercedes as a brand, isn’t a premium brand. They do have some “premium” models in their range eg S-Class, but the A-Class is mass market mass produced fodder - the lowest in the range of M-B. The aim with the A-Class is to churn as many out as possible and to make as much profit as possible on them. A-Class exists to bring down the group emissions, and to introduce younger buyers to M-B, by making it as affordable as possible to compete in the mass market.

see:

surely having little things like Wireless charging when others are charging for it or don’t offer it, can be something people buy a Mercedes for.
All German manufacturers charge for every single option, nothing has ever been “free”.

The future is subscription based options, M-B charge for Sat Nav on an annual basis amongst other things, BMW charge for heated seats and heated steering wheels on a monthly basis, Tesla charge for various options including autonomous driving annually. Options are a cash cow for the manufacturers.

Every car from every manufacturer in every lifecycle goes through a “cost down” exercise run by accountants throughout its life, from making carpets thinner, to removing under bonnet insulation etc.

Features and options will be removed “as standard” from cars to increase profitability, until the end of the lifecycle, when for the last gasp, Marketing will launch a “special edition” model where all sorts of strange options and body decals will be thrown in to make the car “special” to shift cars the last of that model.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
When you look at a site like Drive the Deal it shows in brackets New Model ie the facelift version that they are selling but the MB configurator has not caught up with this yet from what I can make out. It would be good to know from MB quite quickly what the new model specs are going to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just placed an order with the dealership for a brand new Mountain Grey A250 AMG Line Premium Pack. Was only Saturday so still awaiting an expected delivery date but the girl said hopefully Oct/Nov time. First time buying a brand new car, always run second hands before, excited is an understatement. Just hope the delivery date doesn't slip too far!

Was tempted to wait to place the order for a while considering the new facelift version has been spotted in the wild but who knows how long till that hits the market so I just took the plunge.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Just placed an order with the dealership for a brand new Mountain Grey A250 AMG Line Premium Pack. Was only Saturday so still awaiting an expected delivery date but the girl said hopefully Oct/Nov time. First time buying a brand new car, always run second hands before, excited is an understatement. Just hope the delivery date doesn't slip too far!

Was tempted to wait to place the order for a while considering the new facelift version has been spotted in the wild but who knows how long till that hits the market so I just took the plunge.
Well done. New is always best I think.

I would contact Drive the Deal and ask what sort of delivery dates they are looking at for the new model.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I placed an order for a A45S in June, and was told the wait is 6 months, but she said "Honestly, it will be more like 8 months". Hopefully she said that so if it arrives earlier it will be a bonus, but she was pretty upfront and honest about it.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
I placed an order for a A45S in June, and was told the wait is 6 months, but she said "Honestly, it will be more like 8 months". Hopefully she said that so if it arrives earlier it will be a bonus, but she was pretty upfront and honest about it.
Do you have a car spec sheet. I just wonder if you will be getting an FL A45s and if so what are the bhp and lbs ft or nms outputs.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
They gave me a pre release copy of the Specifications for Australia "from September 2021 production".

Specs are the same: 310kw / 500nm. The only option package available is the AMG Performance Package ( Seats, Aero and Sound ). There is no Innovation package ( so no AR Nav ). The 360 camera ( 501 ), HUD ( 463 ) and Interior Assistant ( 77B ) are standard, as is Mercedes Me Connect - no mention if it's three years or not.

I wouldn't take a FL A45s without seeing the changes to the interior. If they changed the current tactile controls for the A/C and heating / cooling with a touch screen, I don't think I'd take it - I would rather physical buttons for that.
Thanks for this.

My guess from this is that the A45s FL might be a year or so away.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
He's just stating what we already knew and was said in an earlier BBC article posted to the A45s new order thread. I guess he's playing catch up after the summer holidays Why is there a chip shortage?

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
There is a strange story on the Financial Times site headed.

BMW and Daimler pledge to keep prices high when chip crisis ends

This is where both car makers are saying they will make sure they maintain high prices even when chips become plentiful again, just to show they are a premium brand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI,

I'm getting mine delivered somewhere in October hopefully, but without the LTE module and MBUX augmented reality.
I already got confirmation they will retrofit the LTE module on a later date (had to sign a waiver for that), but they are unsure if MBUX AR can be retrofitted.

Can anyone that don't have the augmented reality confirm me a few things:
1. can it be retrofitted (in other words: what did the dealership tell you :) )
2. Is the large map view on the screen in front of you available. I mean the view where the map covers almost the entire screen, not in between the 2 dials.
3. Is the traffic light view available? This is the view when you are first in line at the traffic lights, so you have a better view of the lights above

Cheers,

S

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
HI,

I'm getting mine delivered somewhere in October hopefully, but without the LTE module and MBUX augmented reality.
I already got confirmation they will retrofit the LTE module on a later date (had to sign a waiver for that), but they are unsure if MBUX AR can be retrofitted.

2. Is the large map view on the screen in front of you available. I mean the view where the map covers almost the entire screen, not in between the 2 dials.
3. Is the traffic light view available? This is the view when you are first in line at the traffic lights, so you have a better view of the lights above

Cheers,

S
Welcome to the forum.

In answer to your map point, yes it can be across the whole screen in front of you. See post #126.

I believe AR no longer available from MB on the A-Class so I imagine a retrofit will be quite complex.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Yes pre-July had AR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI,

Cheers,

S
Font Circle Number Screenshot Parallel

This was on the 20th of August I signed some paperwork for this about MBUX Augmented Reality for Navigation. I haven't figured out if I was technically pre july yet for my build date, vin decoder doesn't work for me and it's not on any of my paperwork sadly.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Good luck hopefully you've got in to July. But I have AR and actually find it distracting to use so usually leave it turned off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good luck hopefully you've got in to July. But I have AR and actually find it distracting to use so usually leave it turned off.
Indeed .. if it is only the AR, I’m not too bothered. The large map on the driver’s side screen and the trafficlights feature, I would find harder to miss out on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! First post on here - so go easy!

Im close to buying a brand new 2021 A200 AMG line EDITION.... and I just wanted to see if there is anything that I should check before I buy!!!

If there are any extras that im NOT getting that I would be if I were to choose an older model, anything that you guys know about it that would making buying a slightly older one a better choice etc.

It looks perfect to me...almost TOO perfect. hahaha. So just looking for anything that I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance!!!

James

141 - 160 of 164 Posts