Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
He's just stating what we already knew and was said in an earlier BBC article posted to the A45s new order thread. I guess he's playing catch up after the summer holidays Why is there a chip shortage?

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
There is a strange story on the Financial Times site headed.

BMW and Daimler pledge to keep prices high when chip crisis ends

This is where both car makers are saying they will make sure they maintain high prices even when chips become plentiful again, just to show they are a premium brand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI,

I'm getting mine delivered somewhere in October hopefully, but without the LTE module and MBUX augmented reality.
I already got confirmation they will retrofit the LTE module on a later date (had to sign a waiver for that), but they are unsure if MBUX AR can be retrofitted.

Can anyone that don't have the augmented reality confirm me a few things:
1. can it be retrofitted (in other words: what did the dealership tell you :) )
2. Is the large map view on the screen in front of you available. I mean the view where the map covers almost the entire screen, not in between the 2 dials.
3. Is the traffic light view available? This is the view when you are first in line at the traffic lights, so you have a better view of the lights above

Cheers,

S

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
HI,

I'm getting mine delivered somewhere in October hopefully, but without the LTE module and MBUX augmented reality.
I already got confirmation they will retrofit the LTE module on a later date (had to sign a waiver for that), but they are unsure if MBUX AR can be retrofitted.

2. Is the large map view on the screen in front of you available. I mean the view where the map covers almost the entire screen, not in between the 2 dials.
3. Is the traffic light view available? This is the view when you are first in line at the traffic lights, so you have a better view of the lights above

Cheers,

S
Welcome to the forum.

In answer to your map point, yes it can be across the whole screen in front of you. See post #126.

I believe AR no longer available from MB on the A-Class so I imagine a retrofit will be quite complex.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Yes pre-July had AR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI,

Cheers,

S
Font Circle Number Screenshot Parallel

This was on the 20th of August I signed some paperwork for this about MBUX Augmented Reality for Navigation. I haven't figured out if I was technically pre july yet for my build date, vin decoder doesn't work for me and it's not on any of my paperwork sadly.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Good luck hopefully you've got in to July. But I have AR and actually find it distracting to use so usually leave it turned off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! First post on here - so go easy!

Im close to buying a brand new 2021 A200 AMG line EDITION.... and I just wanted to see if there is anything that I should check before I buy!!!

If there are any extras that im NOT getting that I would be if I were to choose an older model, anything that you guys know about it that would making buying a slightly older one a better choice etc.

It looks perfect to me...almost TOO perfect. hahaha. So just looking for anything that I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance!!!

James

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Hey everyone! First post on here - so go easy!

Im close to buying a brand new 2021 A200 AMG line EDITION.... and I just wanted to see if there is anything that I should check before I buy!!!

If there are any extras that im NOT getting that I would be if I were to choose an older model, anything that you guys know about it that would making buying a slightly older one a better choice etc.

It looks perfect to me...almost TOO perfect. hahaha. So just looking for anything that I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance!!!

James
Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your post here from a standalone post on the A45s part of the forum so you can see some of the issues being discussed and others can respond to your concerns.

Good luck deciding.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Have MB said they will retrofit in your letter. It's just that I am sure it is possible to retrofit but could be pricey. We had a number of discussions around doing this in the original A45 forum which you can look back at.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Just got notified that Keyless Go will not be available on my delivery. Anyone know if this can be retrofitted? Car is getting quite 'basic' going on like this :(
Also have a look at this thread: Keyless Entry

Reactions: Stevenvw

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a chat with the dealership ... long story short:
Yes, it can be retrofitted, but it basically means taking almost the whole interior of the car apart and is a very costly job, so they say they can't do it. Also the risk of stuff getting loose afterwards, and starting to rattle is too big

·
Registered
12 Posts
Evening all

We ordered our a200d sport executive edition auto in March.

We have been given a build date of 10th Nov delivery due 10th Dec does anyone know if the speck has changed on the executive edition between March and now ??

Been told by dealer it will come complete no missing chips or module

·
Registered
6 Posts
Evening all

We ordered our a200d sport executive edition auto in March.

We have been given a build date of 10th Nov delivery due 10th Dec does anyone know if the speck has changed on the executive edition between March and now ??

Been told by dealer it will come complete no missing chips or module
Ordered mine end of februari and this will be missing:
  • LTE module (SOS, live traffic and mercedes.me services)
  • MBUX augmented reality (no retrofit possible)
  • Keyless Go (no retrofit possible)
Furthermore there are 2 blocking issues preventing the car from being delivered to the dealer. It's waiting in a parking lot somewhere in Germany for parts. No clue given as to the time it will spend there ...

Since my previous car was declared totalled (engine blew) in May of this year, I'm having a fulltime job planning loaner/rental/... cars for the past 5 months now ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my car today A250 premium. Seems to have most things people were told were going to be missing. I have mercedes me and keyless go. I have the park assist though it might be bay parking only haven't tested it. No wireless charging and don't think it has the upgraded speaker system that the premium is meant to have. It has the updated ambient lights without the centre console lights

161 - 180 of 183 Posts