Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just ordered an A CLASS with AMG style and would like to check with you if the extra Seat Comfort Package (U59) includes the electric movement of seats.

If not, can you please let me know which option shall I add to my order.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Are you in the UK? If so, only cars with the Premium Plus package have electric seats. But other countries have different and more granular options so it’s difficult for someone like me (based on the UK) to confirm unfortunately if you’re querying a non-UK spec car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am from Malta :) Just wanted to clarify, what benefits will the electric seats give, since I have the Seat Comfort Package (U59).

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Checking my Oasis report, the electric seats are codes 241 & 275. I also have the seat comfort package (U59) but if you don’t have 241 & 275 I don’t believe you will have the electric seats included.
I am from Malta :) Just wanted to clarify, what benefits will the electric seats give, since I have the Seat Comfort Package (U59).

Thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
Good find @Maxspencer99. So could seat comfort package (U59) refer to the seat kinetics function which does indeed require electric seats...?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunatley my dealer told me that the car has already been built and is undergoing QA checks. So no more changes can be made.

@AThirtyFive Yep thats what I think than. I mean the electric seats would have been nice to have, but in reality, as I see it, you are not going to alter the setting more than maybe 3 times.

On the other hand, if the kinetics function is with the comfort (which makes sense, since it is comfort :) ) would be a plus.

If anyone is able to confirm this would be great.

Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
114 Posts
@AThirtyFive, if you don’t know, then we’re all in the dark ;). To be honest I can’t say I’ve experienced the kinetics yet. In fact forgot all about them. Either they’re too subtle, aren’t switched on, or don’t work. This forum is fantastic information source but I swear every time I start looking on here there’s something else I need to go and check!

·
Registered
610 Posts
@KavalierMalta I'm not sure how to confirm the kinetics feature is in a comfort package. Unfortunately there are differences between UK spec cars and european spec cars. I don't think there is a comfort pack in the UK, unless it's included in one of the other packs. In the UK we have Executive, Premium, and Premium Plus packs. The only pack that has electric seats is the Premium Plus pack, and electric seats are required for the kinetics feature which uses the electric motors to move the seats slightly as you're driving. If your car has electric seats then I'm 99% sure it will come with the seat kinetics feature, but if your car doesn't have electric seats then I'm 100% sure no seat kinetics I'm afraid.

@Maxspencer99 there is an easy way to experience seat kinetics next time you jump in your car. Just say "Hey Mercedes, turn on the seat kinetics". I'm sure you'll feel it as the movements although small are quite pronounced.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just had another thought. Maybe the comfort package refers to the lumber support? @KavalierMalta it maybe that your car doesn't have the electric powered seat movement (and therefore no seat kinetics), but does have the powered lumber support...

·
Registered
610 Posts
UK spec A35s do not have a massage function unless you’re referring to seat kinetics which isn’t really a massage function..?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe Seat Comfort Package (U59) a pretty standard option. It just adds some extra adjustment.

Mainly the angle of the seat (lean back/forward etc.) and the front cushion of the seat can be extended to support the thighs better.

Annoyingly, lumbar support was a separate option and my lower back will never forgive me for missing that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts