Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would kick this one off.
Placed order this afternoon and paid £1000 deposit.
No definitive time for delivery but I have joined the queue.
A45 s plus in Designo Mountain Grey. They dont foresee it being being ready much before xmas.
£53,539.00 After discount.
Let the wait begin

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Wonder if I will get it before Brexit is sorted lol

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You are more likely to die from Whirlpool dryers (500,000), premature death from diesel emissions (38,000 per year), climate change (WHO estimate an additional 250,000), get your car delivered, way before Brexit is sorted! :p

(While looking up the numbers above, I came across this...
The ONS publish mortality numbers, in the UK, 141,313 deaths in 2017 were considered "avoidable mortality". Thats 23% of all deaths in the UK in 2017, were avoidable (on a clinical/health basis). Thats quite depressing. Those numbers do not include suicides (6507 in 2018).)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Not sure I like the path this thread is heading :wink:

New car order --> Brexit --> to premature death in 5 posts LOL. Next post might include the word ARMAGEDDON perhaps :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
LOL or even the dreaded line "running in period"

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I'm still waiting to get word from the dealers but suspect I may have to wait until after the first wave of orders to get 12% off, but it's difficult doing deals with a +7hrs time difference. Back from the beach next week. I certainly will be pissed off with the the morons in government, and those voting for it, if there is a brexit tariff applied.

There was even a yellow aero A45 in the carpark here at the Hard Rock Hotel in Penang. But he had a mirror grill. I didn't get to look at the gear lever so wonder if it was just badged with A45.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered A45S Plus in black £51k after discount. Have been told it will arrive end Nov beginning of December.
Those dates sound a bit optimistic me but i hope your right 👍

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Received this yesterday for those interested.
Have enquired why Heads Up Display isn’t listed and am awaiting reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wonder what extended MBUX is? :plain::plain:

Was wondering the same. The head-up display is normally in a package called AMG Advanced Navigation which also includes the augmented reality stuff etc., so maybe it could be that? Not sure.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don’t think HUD is to do with MBUX as it displays info from driver display such as speed etc

Seems like it's classed in the same area as it - https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSite/en/instance/ko/MBUX-Mercedes-Benz-User-Experience-Unrivalled-experience-for-the-user.xhtml?oid=32997837

Modular structure: MBUX functions
The MBUX functions are modular in structure, so that the precise needs of different customers and markets can be met. They are based on three pillars:

• Basic variant: As standard this has two 7-inch (17.78 cm) displays for the instrument cluster and media display with a touchscreen, multifunction sport steering wheel with touch control buttons on the left and right, a USB interface (Type C), Bluetooth® connection for telephony and audio sources.
  • Extended version: As standard this has extended MBUX functions including personalisation, a predictive function and theme worlds, a wifi hotspot.
  • Larger media display (10.25-inch/26 cm). The extended MBUX functions can be ordered in addition.
At extra cost, customers opting for the extended version or the larger instrument cluster are able to order e.g. a touchpad, HD navigation (including three years of Live Traffic, Car-to-X communication and map updates), a head-up display and a Burmester® surround sound system.
Other navigation-specific optional equipment such as augmented reality, Traffic Sign Assist and navigation services can be ordered on top.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
It would be good if they said what was in the Plus Pack. It's purely got a price against it.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Also what is private car sharing? On the third thumbnail.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also what is private car sharing? On the third thumbnail.
I’m pretty sure it’s a feature that allows you to lock the keys in the car and send something to someone else’s phone that enables them to unlock it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would be good if they said what was in the Plus Pack. It's purely got a price against it.
I’m pretty sure it does show differences between the Plus and non Plus in the brochure.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts