Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone else keep getting ‘top up engine coolant’ warning on their car? I get mine often on the car dash but the app says the coolant is OK
I had this happening on my A35, I checked the level of the coolant and it was just below the level (the little bit of plastic that sticks out when you look in) just topped up with a little bit of water and now it’s fine. If it’s way below the mark you would have to use coolant not water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had this happening on my A35, I checked the level of the coolant and it was just below the level (the little bit of plastic that sticks out when you look in) just topped up with a little bit of water and now it’s fine. If it’s way below the mark you would have to use coolant not water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes. dealer topped it up and its been fine since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Woohoo I have just passed 1000 miles......so the gloves can now come off...no message that running in was over or anything - slight anti-climax !! Race Mode on the drive home this evening......

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
My car's arrived at the dealership. Typically Germanically early😂. It was meant to be arriving on 28th February. Anyway I will have it transported over to my house after I get back from holiday in the first week of March. I did offer for them to send it over now with a March plate on and I would stick the car in the garage. Probably best not to tempt myself unnecessarily.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Revs not miles!

Just about to pass the 1000 mile mark and kept all as per the advice......................, not had much chance this week to get out and about this week due to work but taking it to its 1st track session on 21st Feb...............................wont be going crazy........just stretching its legs without risking my licence................

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Went to have a look at mine on Saturday. Looks stunning especially from the front. Couple of crappy pics. The next few days are going to drag.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It looks really good.

Do they just leave the cars outside? Mine will be out in the cold, wind and rain too then.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Went to have a look at mine on Saturday. Looks stunning especially from the front. Couple of crappy pics. The next few days are going to drag.
they have a storage car park on the roof of the building. The salesman drove it down to the front for me to see it. I’m getting it ceramic coated before i pick it up so I assume before March 1st it will be taken in from the cold and all sorted ready for me.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

Picture of mine from the video the dealer sent me just now so not as HD and trying not to show the number plate to car cloners.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Everyone.

I have just ordered an A45 (none aero) car in polar white.
I've had my eye on the A Class for some time but the 35 & 45 really stood out to me as great cars.

I'm a long term Audi owner of 12 years and know @veeeight from that life :)
I've got an RS3 (2016 model) atm which has been great for the last 4 years so a big change moving to Merc.
That said, I was incredibly impressed at the interior and exterior of the Merc .. it definitely had the wow factor.
The A Class really feels premium and high end.

I've seen preview pictures of the new S3 and RS3 and it wasn't doing a lot for me.
I gelled instantly with the A45 demo drive I had so it was a pretty easy decision in the end.
As noted, I've gone for the none aero car. As much as I do like the wing etc, I just wanted a slightly more restrained look albeit I still thought the standard model looked pretty mean & purposeful.
The suspension is firm but as you can't spec adaptive ride other than the +package, it is what it is.

I've been lucky to fall onto a factory order and will take delivery in approx 3 weeks.

I'm very excited and it all happened very quickly.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone.

I have just ordered an A45 (none aero) car in polar white.
I've had my eye on the A Class for some time but the 35 & 45 really stood out to me as great cars.

I'm a long term Audi owner of 12 years and know @veeeight from that life :)
I've got an RS3 (2016 model) atm which has been great for the last 4 years so a big change moving to Merc.
That said, I was incredibly impressed at the interior and exterior of the Merc .. it definitely had the wow factor.
The A Class really feels premium and high end.

I've seen preview pictures of the new S3 and RS3 and it wasn't doing a lot for me.
I gelled instantly with the A45 demo drive I had so it was a pretty easy decision in the end.
As noted, I've gone for the none aero car. As much as I do like the wing etc, I just wanted a slightly more restrained look albeit I still thought the standard model looked pretty mean & purposeful.
The suspension is firm but as you can't spec adaptive ride other than the +package, it is what it is.

I've been lucky to fall onto a factory order and will take delivery in approx 3 weeks.

I'm very excited and it all happened very quickly.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Congrats snake so you've made the jump to the dark side :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Congratulations on your new order. Lets hope for all of us that are waiting for our new cars that they hold up to expectations.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Snake Pliskin welcome onboard. I certainly hope my A45S meets up to my expectations and like you I ordered the car without the aero.

I am now toying with whether to get the Stargard/Ceramic coating or nothing. I might go for the Stargard as it's highly convenient to sort out through MB. I understand it would undermine any matt paintwork as it introduces a gloss to the finish but with metallic black that should be fine.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I’m not sure starguard is a true ceramic coating?? I’d rather go to a pro detailer than let a dealer do it. Just my 2p :)

241 - 260 of 273 Posts