Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

441 - 460 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anybody waiting for their orders hearing of factory shutdowns yet? Build date supposed to be early April for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cheers Steve,
Will check them out! Let me know what you think. I might look into PPF and get some quotes too. Have been told it should arrive by end of May but will have to wait and see what happens - fingers crossed!

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Really sorry to see that for those of you waiting ??

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
Thanks so is that 80% tinted? Also what about the rear windscreen ... that seems to be 100% tinted - I can’t see inside at all from outside
No, likely to be 80% as well. The main reason why you can't see inside from outside through the rear window is the black parcel shelf and lack of light in that area. If you put a torch on the shelf shining out, you'll see it.

100% tinted means when you look through the rear windscreen through to the front windscreen in daylight - you would see nothing! :LOL:

·
Registered
AMG CLA 45S Plus, Designo Patagonia Red on order..,
30 Posts
Hi Guys (copy of post on Newbies thread)... CLA 45 S Plus on order

I have been lurking in the background for the last few weeks, with interest... went and test drove an A 45 S plus on Friday after failing to get hold of a CLA to drive. Needless to say, was blown away and deposit left.

I know this forum is for the A class, but this seems to be the most active and knowledgeable forum - and we are (soon to be) close relatives, so I didn’t think you’d mind me popping in to say hi!

Spec ordered: AMG CLA 45 S Plus
Patagonia Red
Black/Grey leather

Delivery slot due in June based on amendable slot already held by dealer (secured prior to factory closures and other unknown corona virus related delays)... so we will see!

Currently driving an Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce - a FANTASTIC vehicle which I still love as much as when I took delivery 2&1/2 years and 50k miles ago. A great drive and a great looker. Looking forward to jumping into an AMG at some point!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations and well done!
Not very optimistic on delivery times at the moment though .....
Mine had a cut off date for changes tomorrow and delivery 27th May. Not holding my breath!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Welcome Richard.

I think the A45 and CLA45 quite interchangeable so please do participate in our ponderings.

·
Registered
AMG CLA 45S Plus, Designo Patagonia Red on order..,
30 Posts
Nice one - cheers guys...

Yeah, who knows how long things will take at the moment - nice to have it on order - just need to try and put it out of my head for a bit. I'm sure reading this forum will not be helping with that...

·
Registered
2020 CLA 35 (Premium) in Digital White
23 Posts
Hi Guys (copy of post on Newbies thread)... CLA 45 S Plus on order

I have been lurking in the background for the last few weeks, with interest... went and test drove an A 45 S plus on Friday after failing to get hold of a CLA to drive. Needless to say, was blown away and deposit left.

I know this forum is for the A class, but this seems to be the most active and knowledgeable forum - and we are (soon to be) close relatives, so I didn’t think you’d mind me popping in to say hi!

Spec ordered: AMG CLA 45 S Plus
Patagonia Red
Black/Grey leather

Delivery slot due in June based on amendable slot already held by dealer (secured prior to factory closures and other unknown corona virus related delays)... so we will see!

Currently driving an Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce - a FANTASTIC vehicle which I still love as much as when I took delivery 2&1/2 years and 50k miles ago. A great drive and a great looker. Looking forward to jumping into an AMG at some point!
Congrats on the order Richard. I made a similar jump recently (although not quite a big of an upgrade as you). Handed back my Giulia Veloce of 2 years in November and took delivery of my CLA 35 Premium last week! You're not wrong about the Alfa - absolute gem of a car!!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I had an email from my dealership that they will stop having a face to face showroom and will operate via the internet. They will see through the cars they are currently contracted to deliver. A seriously serious time here in the UK and around the world.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
I had that email too. Did say workshop will carry on though to get the cars they started finished.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
And continue to work on key workers cars. Which means we can all probably get our cars looked at.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just had an email from my local lookers Mercedes dealer to say they are shutting the sales and service departments until further notice.

441 - 460 of 805 Posts