Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

461 - 480 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I’m never going to run my car in at this rate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm 400 miles and with all the restrictions there's no way I'm running it in before June.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To be fair if you are just in your car with no contact to anybody you arent actually endangering anybody ! A 400 mile round trip for groceries is maybe excessive though....

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Theo’s in Greece. I assume you have French type restrictions where you need a signed form to be out at all. Not sure how you get the signature.

I would be interested to know what the lock down rules are where you live.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah as of yesterday we need a signed form to go out, but it's no big deal we just download and print it, write down name, home address and date of birth, tick the appropriate box that corresponds to one of 6 reasons we need to go out, and sign it. Gotta have it with me until I'm back, in case I get pulled over, which by the looks of it is pretty possible as not only cops are authorized to pull you over but also municipal police and fire dept. And we also have the sms option where we state reason # name and home address and receive an automated confirmation which we're supposed to present to the officer. I was going to use the sms option as it's so much quicker and easier but I heard confirmation takes some time and few times it's for the wrong reason. I'm sure they'll fix it soon but until then I'll be using the form option for a while.

Two of the reasons is what Steve said except your relative has to require assistance, i.e. too old, or health issues like disability. I usually visit my folks twice a week, but it's only a 45 mile round trip, so at this rate running in is gonna take over 6 weeks. However every so often I'm gonna have to take my other car cause I don't wanna have it sitting there for too long, so make it at least 8 weeks. To be fair, I can find plenty of reasons to keep myself out of home every single day, but I also want to behave like a responsible citizen, like I always have. Our government took strict measures very early and I just hope they pay off and we're not confined to our homes for nothing, that's all I want, and get out of this healthy.

I still enjoy every single moment I spend in my car though, it's such a nice place to be. (y)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
Tried a couple of launches Sunday night with the onboard drag metre.
3.88 and 3.87 with a passenger.
it sort of jumps forward a little then pulls like a train.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Tried a couple of launches Sunday night with the onboard drag metre.
3.88 and 3.87 with a passenger.
it sort of jumps forward a little then pulls like a train.
Go get your money back :p
My W176 A45 did 0-60 (with 1ft rollout) in 3.75, measured with a v-box! Stock!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I really miss my stage 1 A45 but I would be surprised if the A45s isn't faster than 3.75 with 1ft of roll out.

One thing that does surprise me about MB in relation to the A45s is that they have been stingy on power and torque.The E63s for instance has been shown even by BMW Blog to have more power than spec. and around 100 lbs ft more torque. Whereas the A45s seems to have less power and torque than spec. For instance the Archie Hamilton rolling road numbers and the Italian youtube drag race Steve posted.

MB need to raise their game for the A45s and up it's power and torque at least to spec and perhaps add in another 10% for our being good customers in the current environment and stop being so concerned that it's going to embarrass the bigger AMGs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maybe pessimistic dyno, humidity or altitude (I'm sure temp wasn't an issue). Maybe his engine hasn't got enough miles on it. Generally, engines require a good 5-7k miles to fully perform, which is why there's no point in dynoing your stock car earlier. In any case, all my German cars, with no exception, have dynoed higher than spec.

(Read comments) Renntech claims 440hp stock and 475hp tuned on DynoJet:
Btw if you think about it, a tuner would have every reason to claim lower stock numbers, since it would make their tune appear stronger. That alone makes me think 440 is a lot closer to reality than AH's 412. And if 440 sounds too optimistic, I'm pretty sure the car makes at least 430, which is still more than spec, just like all German cars (there is a reason for it).

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Fingers crossed.

I agree that the cars dynoed were probably very low mileage hence there was more power to be unleashed. I certainly felt that with my previous A45 that the power seemed to increase well above the 1000 miles run in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dyno numbers are just a lottery anyway, so many variables! The performance of any car is best measured using dragy/v-box

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
I have a Dragy. With the roads quiet atm it might be a good time to try a side by side comparison with the onboard metre.

461 - 480 of 500 Posts