Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

481 - 500 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I keep going to look at my car sitting in the garage. Haven’t driven it since the weekend.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I keep going to look at my car sitting in the garage. Haven’t driven it since the weekend.
I thought I was the only one who does that! I literally go to the garage and spend several minutes looking at my car. I think it's called the "newly purchased beast of a car at the wrong time" syndrome.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
We can go out to buy essentials so I did yesterday evening, but came back as the queue was too big to get in to the supermarket. That was just a couple of miles round trip. But it does mean I will have to try again.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Were you given a build date. You should be able to tell from that whether your dealer is accurate i.e. if the build date was now for instance it's clearly not correct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My build date was 12th April, before it all kicked off. Dealer now closed so no updates. Daimler closure suggested initially just a couple weeks while supply chains catch up but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was talking with Mercedes today. They said plants start again on Monday (6.04) but with no “full speed” to 17.04. Ordered a35 but I don’t think that is so much different with when factory is open again

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I certainly sympathise with guys waiting for your cars it is extremely frustrating. But many of us who have our cars cannot get out enough to run them in. The way it's going I can't even see I will get the miles in in April.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I too feel for you guys, but I assure you, having the car locked up in the garage is just as hard, if not harder.

You can pretend it's just a common delay and you'll get your car a couple months later. It's not that unusual. When I placed my order in early October, the initial production week was only a month later, and I was supposed to take delivery by the end of the year. Then I was notified production had changed to mid January, mainly because of all the options I ticked (or so they said), and eventually took delivery March 5th. Pretend it's just another delay. I know it's not making it any easier but am trying to make you realize that at the end of the day, you are getting your car it's just a couple months delay, which could've been for several reasons.

On the other hand, we can't even run our cars in. I take my car a couple times a week and head to my folks which is a 45 mile round trip, which is basically cruise control at 80 mph 75% of the trip. Then I see 5 cars in the entire trip, freaking me out. I'm almost 500 miles. I've done 100 miles in the last 10 days.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah good point Guys ... no idea when I will get mine run in either. I am enjoying the time to get fully familiar with all the different **** out views and sub views ... Absolutely incredible how many options there are, credit to Mercedes for putting so much effort into it. I discovered the G force display as one if the mini views last week which is a fun addition.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Quick question Guys ....

Has anyone had to top up their oil or noticed any oil usage ?

can you check the oil level within one if the cars menus (I assume so with all the tech) or is it dipstick only ?

481 - 500 of 500 Posts