Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

881 - 900 of 943 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
HUD and the fancy sat nav that display over the front camera isn’t an option in the uk.
The plus variant gives the pano roof and some extra displays that will show 0-60, 0-100 and various lap times etc. and an alloy wheel choice over the base model. Think that’s about it.
you dont get HUD but you get the fancy sat nav aa you described it 👍

·
Registered
33 Posts
HUD and the fancy sat nav that display over the front camera isn’t an option in the uk.
The plus variant gives the pano roof and some extra displays that will show 0-60, 0-100 and various lap times etc. and an alloy wheel choice over the base model. Think that’s about it.
You do get the sat nav that displays over front camera.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
And from a non Marmite eater point of view, I am working on liking that areo but still can't yet. That is the only reason for not getting the + for me, and a big one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
interesting stuff, thanks. I didnt spec aero on my W176 and ideally wouldn’t on a new one, but it seems you also then forego lots of other things, like the pano roof for one which is a must have for me. Curious move from MB imo to make the spec so rigid (At least in the UK). Saying UK cars are fully loaded and then not having distronic cruise is a big miss imo, hardly a niche option in 2020 is it. It was the one thing i always wished I’d specced on the old car, so to not even have it as an option is a bit weird when other markets get it.

As for why i want out of the Tesla. I got it purely as a significant tax advantage through my limited company when i was an IT contractor. I’m not a contractor anymore, and have liquidated my company, so its now privately owned outright, and to be frank i miss having a car with good seats, a gearbox and some kind of sound and character to it. It’s really quick in real world driving and handles relatively well, but a bit soulless with if your a keen driver, which i expect anyone in this thread/sub forum will understand :)

Regarding the availability of the cars, there seems to be a few on autotrader for £57k, some of which claim to be physically in stock and the Mercedes site itself has a few dotted around, but I’m not convinced they physically exist....... :). Anyone get any discounts? tried carwow and got 2 offers only, and both were zero discount. What are people paying for an A45S plus?

Thanks all.... :)

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
It would be good if folk could update this price/discount thread with your discounts :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Also full leather electric seats,and trust me they are far more comfortable than the non plus version alcantara ones,i have sat in and driven both a number of times and the non plus ones feel much harder.
whilst on the subject of the interior,there is no top stitching (yellow stitching) on the dash or doorcards and no brushed aluminium in the door cards either,

The plus version also gets the adaptive suspension.

No seat kenetics where it will adjust the seats position to keep you for from going stiff on long journey.

Now I'm not 100 sure but I also have a feeling that the non plus doesn't have the multibeam headlights and maybe has just regular LED.
Again I maybe wrong but i think the sound system in the plus model is also upgraded.

So all in the plus version gets A LOT more for not much extra really.

A question for the non plus owners,can you adjust the bolsters and back of the seat in the settings,this is where the seat will inflate air bladders so you can tailor the seat to how you like it.

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #890
Also a few of us on here aren’t big on the the non plus wheels. They have those big rims on them. I remember Veeeeiiight doesn’t like them.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Also full leather electric seats,and trust me they are far more comfortable than the non plus version alcantara ones,i have sat in and driven both a number of times and the non plus ones feel much harder.
whilst on the subject of the interior,there is no top stitching (yellow stitching) on the dash or doorcards and no brushed aluminium in the door cards either,

The plus version also gets the adaptive suspension.

No seat kenetics where it will adjust the seats position to keep you for from going stiff on long journey.

Now I'm not 100 sure but I also have a feeling that the non plus doesn't have the multibeam headlights and maybe has just regular LED.
Again I maybe wrong but i think the sound system in the plus model is also upgraded.

So all in the plus version gets A LOT more for not much extra really.

A question for the non plus owners,can you adjust the bolsters and back of the seat in the settings,this is where the seat will inflate air bladders so you can tailor the seat to how you like it.
I agree and you can't adjust the seat bolster but I also couldn't on the A45 original and they are excellent. The £5K price difference is peanuts and in lockdown many of us have saved money so it makes it even more affordable.

But as I say it's down to the aero. Mutton dressed as lamb if I had it, comes to mind. But it is a Marmite issue as I said.

Paul you seem to be on location going by the flag against your name today. Whereabouts.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Also a few of us on here aren’t big on the the non plus wheels. They have those big rims on them. I remember Veeeeiiight doesn’t like them.
@veeeight also has a leather fetish about the A45s seats with many of them spotted as sagging ;)

Reactions: veeeight

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
I also couldn't on the A45 original and they are excellent.
The A45 FL I had, had the AMG Performance Seats, and you could "inflate" the side squabs on the seat base to keep you in position, and "inflate" the side bolsters on the seat back to narrow the width, and inflate and adjust the lumbar.

Excellent seats, I loved the alcantara in mine, and didn't find them too hard at all! It certainly avoided all the sagginess :p

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #894
I agree and you can't adjust the seat bolster but I also couldn't on the A45 original and they are excellent. The £5K price difference is peanuts and in lockdown many of us have saved money so it makes it even more affordable.

But as I say it's down to the aero. Mutton dressed as lamb if I had it, comes to mind. But it is a Marmite issue as I said.

Paul you seem to be on location going by the flag against your name today. Whereabouts.
mine seats too were adjustable on my FL. I think maybe you didn’t have the electric memory seats?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
mine seats too were adjustable on my FL. I think maybe you didn’t have the electric memory seats?
I can't remember if they were available on the pre-FL version. But I had adjustable seats in my E-Classes and they were okay buy nothing I would have missed having.

My original A45 I really specced up and then the dealer, which I thought was outstanding at the time, went through it and said do you really want or need this or that and we got rid of nearly £5K of options.

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #896
I personally feel the plus pack should have been made available with or without Aero

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I personally feel the plus pack should have been made available with or without Aero
Yes absolutely. And as I posted at the time I really tried even through MB UK HO to get it removed. I think I should have contacted the German HQ. It was the only stone I left unturned.

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
Everything is in "bundles" or "packs" in the UK these days, because of Sales/Marketing (easier to shift in stock cars, both new and used as it simplifies choices and options) - but mainly because of the WLTP regime, every option permutation that you want to sell has to be tested against emissions, so you'll find that this will be the case with other manufacturers too, all going towards packs.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Catching some rays in Mallorca 😎😁

881 - 900 of 943 Posts