Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1069 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m feeling pretty lucky to have nabbed the already built A45s and it’s now off the coast of Morocco. It’s been a nightmare waiting a month and will be after 2 months so couldn’t imagine an 8 month wait.

·
Super Moderator
3,144 Posts
I’m feeling pretty lucky to have nabbed the already built A45s and it’s now off the coast of Morocco. It’s been a nightmare waiting a month and will be after 2 months so couldn’t imagine an 8 month wait.
Calling at South Africa first, before you! Let’s hope they don’t unload it in SA by accident !

·
Registered
15 Posts
East London, Durban, then reunion island of all places... Fremantle, Melbourne and finally port Kembla. 100% never buying a car that isn’t in country again.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
East London, Durban, then reunion island of all places... Fremantle, Melbourne and finally port Kembla. 100% never buying a car that isn’t in country again.
Reunion appears in the latest Grand Tour episode. Seems quite civilised so they're bound to let it go through.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After lurking this thread for a while, I finally got some good news today I thought I’d share for anyone else in the dark.

I ordered my CLA45s (non-plus) on August 5th. I was given a provisional estimated delivery date of November 30th. That came and went, was then told December, and then January. Then last week was told January was looking unlikely. Threatened to pull out and request my deposit back, also rang MB UK customer services to try and shake things up. Claimed they were having a difficult time getting a build slot.

Finally today I’ve found out they’ve managed to secure a build allocation and delivery will be... 24th March. So provided no more delays, I’ll have waited almost 8 months. Better be worth it!
As stated previously I ordered my A45s non plus on October 12th and was given a delivery slot of mid Jan (collecting March 1st-ish for new plate) and I've just touched base with the dealer and he confirmed they are still expecting a mid Jan to end of Jan delivery.

Think I have been lucky with it so far, thankfully I'm happy with a March collection so there's a bit of leeway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As stated previously I ordered my A45s non plus on October 12th and was given a delivery slot of mid Jan (collecting March 1st-ish for new plate) and I've just touched base with the dealer and he confirmed they are still expecting a mid Jan to end of Jan delivery.

Think I have been lucky with it so far, thankfully I'm happy with a March collection so there's a bit of leeway.
Your so lucky, I’ve been waiting since aug and still no date. A45s plus

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Can I suggest that you guys share dealer names around by PM as some MB dealers are a lot better than others and it certainly doesn't hurt to at least call up another dealer which seems to be operating more successfully. Although there will probably be a deposit at risk to change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Allelujah! At last got a build date for my B200 AMG Line Premium Plus: beginning of March (it was ordered at the beginning of September). It seems the panoramic roof was/is the hold-up in my case. Hopefully might just be out of lockdown when it arrives here towards the end of March.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Good news. Hopefully the backlog of other orders will start being cleared. I'm guessing the delivery can still happen during lockdown as my dealer just emailed me to say they are still open for any enquiries.

·
Registered
AMG A45S 4-matic+ Plus
5 Posts
Hi All, new member as just joined today. My car is at the docks and the dealer is shipping by transporter as we cannot have a dealership handover due to covid travel restrictions. Should be delivered 25th Jan. Suspect everyone will be the same in UK at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Hi All, new member as just joined today. My car is at the docks and the dealer is shipping by transporter as we cannot have a dealership handover due to covid travel restrictions. Should be delivered 25th Jan. Suspect everyone will be the same in UK at the moment.
I preferred home delivery of my car as it's always fraught driving it home from the dealership.

Reactions: NeedAJobby

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you not delaying to pick up the new plate or was that not an option you wanted/had?

I assume mine will now be delivered by transporter although I haven't had confirmation.

I'm in a bit of limbo aswell, the dealer need to value my Golf R closer to the time I "pick up", how will that work now 😅

·
Registered
AMG A45S 4-matic+ Plus
5 Posts
Are you not delaying to pick up the new plate or was that not an option you wanted/had?

I assume mine will now be delivered by transporter although I haven't had confirmation.

I'm in a bit of limbo aswell, the dealer need to value my Golf R closer to the time I "pick up", how will that work now 😅
It wasn’t an option as the sale needs to go through in January due to the dealer agreement with MB. Doesn’t bother me as my daughter’s golf R (fellow R owner too) was purchased & registered in Feb. If you keep the car a few years the reg makes little difference. My Touareg goes back in March but sending back early.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
The dealership held my car until the new plates. Lockdown shouldn’t affect that as the car must still come via the dealer. On the trade in can’t you let them have your car now to lock in the value.

·
Registered
AMG A45S 4-matic+ Plus
5 Posts
The dealership held my car until the new plates. Lockdown shouldn’t affect that as the car must still come via the dealer. On the trade in can’t you let them have your car now to lock in the value.
Sorry, should have said the Touareg is a lease, not a trade in. My opinion is life is too short to wait 2 months for the new registration (which is arbitrary to me). They could hold it, but I want my new car now :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah that's fair enough, whatever works for you, I planned for a March or beyond pick up but hopefully it's not too long after the 1st!

I do use my car for work but I can get by without it, was actually due to get them to value it this month and they said they'd honour that value at pick up but who knows now..

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Sorry, should have said the Touareg is a lease, not a trade in. My opinion is life is too short to wait 2 months for the new registration (which is arbitrary to me). They could hold it, but I want my new car now :)
The thing I found about getting my car during the first lockdown was not being able to do the miles to run it in at all quickly. But it is a good feeling to at least get the car in your garage or on your drive.

Reactions: NeedAJobby

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Yeah that's fair enough, whatever works for you, I planned for a March or beyond pick up but hopefully it's not too long after the 1st!

I do use my car for work but I can get by without it, was actually due to get them to value it this month and they said they'd honour that value at pick up but who knows now..
I sold mine through we buy any car, which gave a better price. I'm not sure if they are operating during this lockdown however.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
179 Posts
I sold mine through we buy any car, which gave a better price. I'm not sure if they are operating during this lockdown however.
You’re the first person I’ve heard of that got a good price from WeBuyAnyCar. They have been woefully inadequate in my experience, although if you wait for their third/fourth offer it gets nearer to something sensible. Personally, I have found it better to sell privately, or a straight trade-in as I did last time.

1041 - 1060 of 1069 Posts