Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1061 - 1069 of 1069 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Selling privately is always better but there are just too many scams around and I just didn't want to lose my car without getting any money at all just to make an additional couple of grand.

We buy any car tried knocking down the quote price but I said I wouldn't then sell it to them. A couple of calls later they gave me the quote price minus the traction fee.

I had never used them before and always thought they were to be avoided but my brother had used them a couple of times and my son who sells Audis said they send people to them with older cars to get a better price than they can offer. So it worked alright for me on this occasion.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
So, the garage have just called and said the car is in the country and ready for collection :eek:
A serious dilemma. Either way you'll still have a good car.

Reactions: NeedAJobby

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get it collected now and start enjoying it !
No point in waiting around until March just for the bragging rights of the latest reg.
All well and good but we are also in a lockdown, there's no bragging in having the latest reg from my part, I'm sticking a private plate on it anyway!

I have deferred collection till March 1 as previously planned, I was very tempted but from the outset that is what I had in mind and the garage are happy to hold it so the countdown begins!

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,068
Car arrived, :) collecting March. Any thoughts / recommendations on it been stored outside for 7 weeks?
don’t worry about it. It’s going to spend most of its life outside any. I was in the same position as you this time last year waiting for the 20 plate registration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed the brochure was updated for December 2020 production onwards, seems like they are now offering the driving assistance pack on the CLA45s Plus model only - I asked my dealer and got this added, which has put delivery back until mid-late April but I think it'll be worth the extra couple weeks the addition of the full DAP.

1061 - 1069 of 1069 Posts