Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1251 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Excellent news. Just in time for lockdown to end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, first post on this forum 👍

CLA 45S+ Plus ordered on the 7th March. Digital white, black/red interior, driver assistance pack.

Current car is a MK3 Focus RS, still no build date!

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I suspect you might be in for a six months wait time, which at least means getting a new 71 reg. Or it might arrive in the UK very close to the plate change date in which case you'll be torn between the car now or a new plate. I went for the new plate, last year just before lockdown 1.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, first post on this forum 👍

CLA 45S+ Plus ordered on the 7th March. Digital white, black/red interior, driver assistance pack.

Current car is a MK3 Focus RS, still no build date!
Welcome

I'm also moving from a MK3 Focus RS into a Digital white A45S plus

The long wait will be worth it though

·
Registered
51 Posts
Taking delivery tomorrow morning. Ordered 15 March so 6 weeks, must be a record!

Coming from Mercedes London (Brooklands) which is Daimler owned so think they get a bit of preference and can also pull a stunt on cars ordered for stock which were locked. No doubt helps that there aren't any options other than colour and DAP.

I plan to mod my car, currently thinking about:

Akrapovic exhaust
Armaspeed Intake
Stage 1 tune - Brabus or Opus but both seem to involve sending either the car or the ECU to Germany so waiting for now

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I suspect you might be in for a six months wait time, which at least means getting a new 71 reg. Or it might arrive in the UK very close to the plate change date in which case you'll be torn between the car now or a new plate. I went for the new plate, last year just before lockdown 1.0
Thank you bud, I'll be waiting for the new plate to. Dealer expects the car to come before September.

Does 3 months from build date, to dealership sound correct?

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Thank you bud, I'll be waiting for the new plate to. Dealer expects the car to come before September.

Does 3 months from build date, to dealership sound correct?
Mine was a Sept 2019 order arrived 5 months later at the dealer and then home delivery. This was before the chip shortage, pandemic and the friction filled border. In any case it is what it is so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Collected mine from Brooklands this morning followed by an 80 mile drive home to Northants via M25, M40, A43. Pottered along at 75-80 in Comfort, I'll be following the running in advice, at least for a bit :) It's a lovely place to be, I'm really impressed with the quality of the interior in particular.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That looks awesome mate!

I'm just about following the run in advice, had mine since March 1 but have only put 500 miles into it, need to take it on a long run which is happening soon!

Are you protecting the paint?

·
Registered
51 Posts
That looks awesome mate!

I'm just about following the run in advice, had mine since March 1 but have only put 500 miles into it, need to take it on a long run which is happening soon!

Are you protecting the paint?

It's booked in for detailing and PPF next week with some Gtechniq on top.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Really nice looking car. The 1000mls running in is definitely worth doing.

Reactions: nn7man

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA45 S
17 Posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to share that I placed the order for the car back in July 2019, was told that the delivery date should be sometime in March 2020.

However, due to the covid-19 pandemic, the car was delayed and they only delivered it in December 2020.

Yeah, it took them literally 17 months.

I hope they are able to sort out the production issues and catch up with all the back orders.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
1221 - 1240 of 1251 Posts