Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1421 - 1440 of 1449 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes I followed the run in period all the way through, but I certainly wouldn't worry about a rare case of over revving.
So did I, in between sitting in the garage for a week and driving over to my folks. Wasn't really hard to keep revs down. 😂

·
Registered
A45S, BMW X7 M50i
58 Posts
New to the forum. Came home from work last night to find the wife had purchased an A45s as a surprise for me! She's quite something.

White with black wheels, grey interior, AMG perf pack & innovation pack. Was new stock sitting in the dealer down the road from us.

Collect it Friday morning.

View attachment 8443
Awesome! Congratulations. Welcome to the forum and may I say what a missus!

Can I ask where you are in Australia? You don’t have to be too specific.

I searched the entire east coast of Australia for one of these about three weeks ago! They are rare as hens teeth.

Mine also polar white, aero, perf pack and innovation, but I had to settle for red and black leather (would have taken black with red or yellow piping as first preference).

Great looking car!

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
New to the forum. Came home from work last night to find the wife had purchased an A45s as a surprise for me! She's quite something.

White with black wheels, grey interior, AMG perf pack & innovation pack. Was new stock sitting in the dealer down the road from us.

Collect it Friday morning.

View attachment 8443

It looks very good.

Was it just a delivery mileage vehicle which had been sitting around in the showroom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can I have your wife's details please.

Asking for a friend.
Haha shhhhh

Awesome! Congratulations. Welcome to the forum and may I say what a missus!

Can I ask where you are in Australia? You don’t have to be too specific.

I searched the entire east coast of Australia for one of these about three weeks ago! They are rare as hens teeth.

Mine also polar white, aero, perf pack and innovation, but I had to settle for red and black leather (would have taken black with red or yellow piping as first preference).

Great looking car!
Thanks. Yes she’s wonderful.

Brisbane. We just kind of happened across it at our local dealer but it had actually been sold already. The sale fell through and she pounced on it without my knowledge. We were actually due to go and look at an X3 on Saturday!

I knew they’ve been hard to come across and I was really surprised to see one this well spec’d. It really is a bit of a unicorn.

It looks very good.

Was it just a delivery mileage vehicle which had been sitting around in the showroom.
Yeah had literally only come off a truck a couple of days ago. Only 37kms on the clock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi new on here, got a Digital White A35, aero pack premium plus with everything due to dealer on 11th August. Buzzing is an understatement!!
I’m going to wait till September though to get it on a 71 plate.
Just trying to get up to speed with things as dealer was quite vague.
I’ve heard somewhere that the augmented sat nave has been taken out of current production due to a lack of certain parts needed for it.
Anyone else heard this? Apologies if there is a thread on this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve heard somewhere that the augmented sat nave has been taken out of current production due to a lack of certain parts needed for it.
Anyone else heard this? Apologies if there is a thread on this.
Yes I heard similar. Possible deletion of HUD and 360 cameras.

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
Bit of a shitter, is there anything else that merc have slowly changed and got rid of since launch.
A few deletions in the UK such as under door mirror lights and ambient lighting. Have a look on the W177 new order thread. The A35 new order thread hasn't had many recent posts on it so you might want to flag up any points on there as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
Haha shhhhh

Thanks. Yes she’s wonderful.

Brisbane. We just kind of happened across it at our local dealer but it had actually been sold already. The sale fell through and she pounced on it without my knowledge. We were actually due to go and look at an X3 on Saturday!

I knew they’ve been hard to come across and I was really surprised to see one this well spec’d. It really is a bit of a unicorn.

Yeah had literally only come off a truck a couple of days ago. Only 37kms on the clock.

Are you a part of Australia currently not in lock down. It seems most of the East Coast is having to stay at home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A few deletions in the UK such as under door mirror lights and ambient lighting. Have a look on the W177 new order thread. The A35 new order thread hasn't had many recent posts on it so you might want to flag up any points on there as well.
sorry didn’t see the A35 new order thread, what ambient lighting has been removed?!

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
sorry didn’t see the A35 new order thread, what ambient lighting has been removed?!
It's the different colour led mood lighting. It was standard on the A45s.

·
Registered
A45S, BMW X7 M50i
58 Posts
Anyone else heard this?
I have heard this

I have the augmented nav and find it a bit gimmicky tbh.

It features giant directional arrows which are overlaid over the front camera view which appear not on the hud or instrument panel where you would expect, but over on the left screen. They also only appear when you are at the head of the queue at an intersection. If it wasn’t there I wouldn’t miss it. At all.

Even the traffic light camera, which doesn’t do much besides show you a front camera view at traffic lights (which I am actually growing quite fond of) exceeds it in usefulness. This weird feature is handy when the traffic lights are hiding behind the A Pillar of the car or up high.

But then again I use Waze almost 100% of the time, so maybe I am not the market.

The HUD however, is a personal must have on this particular car, as I find it lets me keep my attention on the road with speed monitoring, gear changes, rpm, etc. and therefore increases my odds of staying on it.

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
I have heard this

I have the augmented nav and find it a bit gimmicky tbh.
I find the AR nav quite off putting and wouldn't option it if there were a choice.

Reactions: Gunn
1421 - 1440 of 1449 Posts