Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

New order thread

185K views 2K replies 105 participants last post by  Viking65 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would kick this one off.
Placed order this afternoon and paid £1000 deposit.
No definitive time for delivery but I have joined the queue.
A45 s plus in Designo Mountain Grey. They dont foresee it being being ready much before xmas.
£53,539.00 After discount.
Let the wait begin

#430 ·
I had my AMG performance day card through today that they will call me or I can call them to sort out a date. Anyone else of the March intake received theirs yet.

#434 ·
I have identical car to you. After 2 weeks of intense research, trolling through hours of YouTube videos and a lengthy phone call with Chemical Guys I placed the order below.
also purchased a £99 Karcher pressure washer from Halfords and a £15 snow foam attachment.
added a couple of applicator pads to order after phone call to apply the sealer for £6.
the order will arrive today and will try at the weekend and will report back results.
search “chemical guys matte” on YouTube and check out the products.
Text Font Line Document Parallel

#438 ·
A broken wire on the sensor for the air temp outside they said it was they way it was fitted from
Factory
600 miles on the car now when she reaches 1k it will be tried the drift mode

amg need to update software for the gear changing to slow of a change for my liking
Another thing I hate is when reversing the old A45amg mirrors dropped the lenses down to see we’re you were going I can’t get the new one to work in the same way
Another thing pisses me off is when you put on the front windscreen on to clear the glass and when it’s cleared and turn it off it jumps back to auto and turns a/c on is there anyway this can be sorted ??
But I love the way they kick the tail out of roundabouts etc

anybody updates on a new exhaust system even my wife says it needs one

leaving the car to Detailer today and will put the new 45s against my other A45
Be interesting to see if there’s much in it I would say with my car dms mapped shouldn’t be far away will let us know

#440 ·
im pretty sure after you do that you have to push the memory button and whatever number on the door to remember mirror position. Also don’t you have to leave the mirror adjuster on the left side and not in the middle?

#452 ·
Hi Guys (copy of post on Newbies thread)... CLA 45 S Plus on order

I have been lurking in the background for the last few weeks, with interest... went and test drove an A 45 S plus on Friday after failing to get hold of a CLA to drive. Needless to say, was blown away and deposit left.

I know this forum is for the A class, but this seems to be the most active and knowledgeable forum - and we are (soon to be) close relatives, so I didn’t think you’d mind me popping in to say hi!

Spec ordered: AMG CLA 45 S Plus
Patagonia Red
Black/Grey leather

Delivery slot due in June based on amendable slot already held by dealer (secured prior to factory closures and other unknown corona virus related delays)... so we will see!

Currently driving an Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce - a FANTASTIC vehicle which I still love as much as when I took delivery 2&1/2 years and 50k miles ago. A great drive and a great looker. Looking forward to jumping into an AMG at some point!

#456 ·
Hi Guys (copy of post on Newbies thread)... CLA 45 S Plus on order

I have been lurking in the background for the last few weeks, with interest... went and test drove an A 45 S plus on Friday after failing to get hold of a CLA to drive. Needless to say, was blown away and deposit left.

I know this forum is for the A class, but this seems to be the most active and knowledgeable forum - and we are (soon to be) close relatives, so I didn’t think you’d mind me popping in to say hi!

Spec ordered: AMG CLA 45 S Plus
Patagonia Red
Black/Grey leather

Delivery slot due in June based on amendable slot already held by dealer (secured prior to factory closures and other unknown corona virus related delays)... so we will see!

Currently driving an Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce - a FANTASTIC vehicle which I still love as much as when I took delivery 2&1/2 years and 50k miles ago. A great drive and a great looker. Looking forward to jumping into an AMG at some point!
Congrats on the order Richard. I made a similar jump recently (although not quite a big of an upgrade as you). Handed back my Giulia Veloce of 2 years in November and took delivery of my CLA 35 Premium last week! You're not wrong about the Alfa - absolute gem of a car!!

#454 ·
Welcome Richard.

I think the A45 and CLA45 quite interchangeable so please do participate in our ponderings.

#457 ·
I had an email from my dealership that they will stop having a face to face showroom and will operate via the internet. They will see through the cars they are currently contracted to deliver. A seriously serious time here in the UK and around the world.

#459 ·
And continue to work on key workers cars. Which means we can all probably get our cars looked at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.