Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Flicking through the posts, I'm seeing similar struggles to myself. Ordered an A250e Premium on 6 April, was all scheduled for 18th May delivery, but am 'on hold' with not a single word from Mercedes as to reason/new delivery date!
Anyone else in this boat???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Flicking through the posts, I'm seeing similar struggles to myself. Ordered an A250e Premium on 6 April, was all scheduled for 18th May delivery, but am 'on hold' with not a single word from Mercedes as to reason/new delivery date!
Yep me. I was told that my car would be ready for 1st July collection but now I've been told to wait until quarter 4 which is October to December!

I will request an update from my dealer every 2 weeks though.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep me. I was told that my car would be ready for 1st July collection but now I've been told to wait until quarter 4 which is October to December!

I will request an update from my dealer every 2 weeks though.
Wow, that is a lengthy pushback, but at least they have the professionalism to tell you up front! My muppets won't even give me that.

Notice you've mentioned receiving a build sheet... when did you get that? I had to request just an 'order form' for 3-weeks from my dealership, but not a build sheet - sounds worrying for my delivery date!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, me too. Ordered end of March, expecting to pick up today, but told last week that it's still in Hungary. Apparently it's built, so told that it's not a chip shortage issue - possibly a QC problem. Dealer has been helpful as I had agreed to sell my current car privately this week, and they have agreed to match the price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, me too. Ordered end of March, expecting to pick up today, but told last week that it's still in Hungary. Apparently it's built, so told that it's not a chip shortage issue - possibly a QC problem. Dealer has been helpful as I had agreed to sell my current car privately this week, and they have agreed to match the price.
That's very interesting, thanks for sharing! Though want to remain level headed, that fills me with some form of confidence there's a chance it's being built and not yet commenced.

Did you receive a build sheet? And final one from me, you haven't had any features removed and compensated for have you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's very interesting, thanks for sharing! Though want to remain level headed, that fills me with some form of confidence there's a chance it's being built and not yet commenced.

Did you receive a build sheet? And final one from me, you haven't had any features removed and compensated for have you?
I've got the VIN, so used the decoder (Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder ) to check the build. I was also provided with a screen shot of the vehicle status, which showed it was in Hungary on 2 June, but still expected to be in UK on 4 June, so not too helpful! I was already aware that parallel parking and active lane change will be deactivated - MB offered a free service as compensation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, that is a lengthy pushback, but at least they have the professionalism to tell you up front! My muppets won't even give me that.

Notice you've mentioned receiving a build sheet... when did you get that? I had to request just an 'order form' for 3-weeks from my dealership, but not a build sheet - sounds worrying for my delivery date!
I received the build sheet on 13th May which was 1 month after sending the order through for the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got the VIN, so used the decoder (Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder ) to check the build. I was also provided with a screen shot of the vehicle status, which showed it was in Hungary on 2 June, but still expected to be in UK on 4 June, so not too helpful! I was already aware that parallel parking and active lane change will be deactivated - MB offered a free service as compensation.
Slightly concerning, just got off the phone for my weekly check-in, and been told they 'don't do build sheets'..... dare I ask for a VIN! Can't see one on my order form.

·
Registered
11 Posts
VIN is allocated at the start of build.

After the vehicle is built, ask your dealer for an OASIS print out.

It should look something like this:
Thanks for this! My main doubt was that production had even started, thus at the very back of the queue! Just been provided with my VIN, which I assume means production has commenced and therefore the holdup at present is awaiting a part or something similar?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had an Oasis report about a month before my car was built from the dealership, i have tried the VIN decoder mentioned above but get no results, any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone who's waiting on the delivery of a new car been told anything regarding the delays? Still been given zero info from my dealer for a month straight now.

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Demand is now outstripping supply for new cars in the UK - hence delays and lack of product to supply. Low mileage nearly new cars residuals are very strong.

Dealers currently have more customers than cars.

Registrations are up 674% May2020 cf. May2021.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts