Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Morning everyone

I will soon be ordering a new a class I am considering a a200 or a220 premium in auto anyone got these particular models if so any issues mine will be a factory order.

Anyone with manual transmission I have heard about issues with the autos needing software updates.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep me. I was told that my car would be ready for 1st July collection but now I've been told to wait until quarter 4 which is October to December!

I will request an update from my dealer every 2 weeks though.
Latest update I got yesterday was that I received 2 waver forms for me to sign to agree on the 4g module and augmented navigation to be excluded until January next year for which they would fit free of charge.

Ofcourse I signed this form as I've been waiting for so long and now my expected delivery date is mid August with collection a few days after.

Also apparently on the system it says production date is 01/06/21 and is currently on hold which may mean I get the pre July build.

We are nearly there guys!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Latest update I got yesterday was that I received 2 waver forms for me to sign to agree on the 4g module and augmented navigation to be excluded until January next year for which they would fit free of charge.

Ofcourse I signed this form as I've been waiting for so long and now my expected delivery date is mid August with collection a few days after.

Also apparently on the system it says production date is 01/06/21 and is currently on hold which may mean I get the pre July build.

Hi Aaron,

Mine is still due 28/07/21 for pickup from the phone call I got from the dealer on 01/07/21.

No missing functions mentioned from order at present. 🤞

A200 Manual AMG-Line Digital White Premium Plus ordered. (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I have recently bought a brand new A250e Saloon and loving it! However, before picking it up I was told that due to the global chip shortage due to Covid-19 my A-class won't have the chip which enables the augmented reality navigation camera (I'm guessing the front facing camera for dashcam will be affected too). I was told by the dealership this chip can be installed at a later date though and got 2 years free servicing.

I am just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience when ordering their new car or if anyone else is also missing this chip as well?

·
Super Moderator
4,007 Posts
Yes, have a read back through this thread.

Cars worldwide from every brand are affected, and are being delivered minus features.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, have a read back through this thread.

Cars worldwide from every brand are affected, and are being delivered minus features.
Yep confirmed by me. I'm pretty sure it's just the 4g module and augmented reality missing from my car which will be installed free of charge in January.

Hopefully that's it as I want to take advantage of the other features.

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
Yep confirmed by me. I'm pretty sure it's just the 4g module and augmented reality missing from my car which will be installed free of charge in January.

So all the cameras necessary are there already, it's just a module. Good news.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Hi Aaron, I believe you've collected your new car already? If so, are you receiving the following message on MercedesMe: Unfortunately your vehicle is a non-connected vehicle. Your access to certain Mercedes me features will therefore remain limited.

I'm yet to get mine, arriving next week, though I presume this is their way of saying the 4G LTE module is missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Aaron, I believe you've collected your new car already? If so, are you receiving the following message on MercedesMe: Unfortunately your vehicle is a non-connected vehicle. Your access to certain Mercedes me features will therefore remain limited.

I'm yet to get mine, arriving next week, though I presume this is their way of saying the 4G LTE module is missing?

Thanks!
Hi Westcott,

I have not collected my car as my collection date should be mid August. I just had to sign 2 forms saying I agree to do without these features until January where they will install the missing features free of charge.

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Latest update is great news! My car will be ready to collect on either 29th or 39th July! The wait is soon to be over wohoooo

·
Registered
9 Posts

Pre July build ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Evening all.

So ordered our new a class a200d sport executive auto 3 weeks ago but still waiting for a build date we were told to expect delivery for Sept Oct but beginning to think that might be a bit unrealistic due to delays and covid/brexit issues.

But have also heard that there is a face-lift due soon (apparently)

But I would like the current shape in general how long are people waiting for build dates ??

I am hoping ours will not be missing any chips or modules like most have been.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pre July build ??
Yes from July 1st a new brochure was released with some changes to the A Class. Changes like night package. Removal of certain stuff like ambient lightning in the centre console. Biggest thing I didnt like was the change to the red stitching inside (change to grey). That's why I hope I get the pre July build but I'll have to find out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just had a phone call from the dealer.......... My A200 is at Zeebrugge.

Not long now.... Wonder if there is anything else missing from the usual parallel parking and ambient lighting bits.
Nothing was mentioned by the dealer. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
Just had a phone call from the dealer.......... My A200 is at Zeebrugge.

Not long now.... Wonder if there is anything else missing from the usual parallel parking and ambient lighting bits.
Nothing was mentioned by the dealer. :)
Good news. To have some of the items no longer on the A-Class is probably now standard spec so a dealer wouldn't mention it.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts