Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

New Orders, Missing features & Delivery Times Thread

63K views 248 replies 61 participants last post by  gwynp 
#1 ·
Hi guys i’m looking to order a new car and the salesman at the dealership was very unhelpful and was just trying to sell me stock cars.

Iv heard 2 things on build times. 1 that Mercedes are setting up product to make up for lost time and cars are flying out. 2 according to the salesman dealer he said too many orders have been placed and waiting times are expected to be around 7-8 months. Not sure how accurate that is as he was trying to sell me a stock car I didn’t want so may have lied about this to encourage me to by a stock car.

So i’m looking at a Cla35/A35 so if anyone has order any cars, you could let me know your eta that would be great?

#156 ·
Just placed an order with the dealership for a brand new Mountain Grey A250 AMG Line Premium Pack. Was only Saturday so still awaiting an expected delivery date but the girl said hopefully Oct/Nov time. First time buying a brand new car, always run second hands before, excited is an understatement. Just hope the delivery date doesn't slip too far!

Was tempted to wait to place the order for a while considering the new facelift version has been spotted in the wild but who knows how long till that hits the market so I just took the plunge.

#157 ·
Well done. New is always best I think.

I would contact Drive the Deal and ask what sort of delivery dates they are looking at for the new model.

#160 ·
They gave me a pre release copy of the Specifications for Australia "from September 2021 production".

Specs are the same: 310kw / 500nm. The only option package available is the AMG Performance Package ( Seats, Aero and Sound ). There is no Innovation package ( so no AR Nav ). The 360 camera ( 501 ), HUD ( 463 ) and Interior Assistant ( 77B ) are standard, as is Mercedes Me Connect - no mention if it's three years or not.

I wouldn't take a FL A45s without seeing the changes to the interior. If they changed the current tactile controls for the A/C and heating / cooling with a touch screen, I don't think I'd take it - I would rather physical buttons for that.
Thanks for this.

My guess from this is that the A45s FL might be a year or so away.

#163 ·
He's just stating what we already knew and was said in an earlier BBC article posted to the A45s new order thread. I guess he's playing catch up after the summer holidays Why is there a chip shortage?

#164 ·
There is a strange story on the Financial Times site headed.

BMW and Daimler pledge to keep prices high when chip crisis ends

This is where both car makers are saying they will make sure they maintain high prices even when chips become plentiful again, just to show they are a premium brand.

#165 ·
HI,

I'm getting mine delivered somewhere in October hopefully, but without the LTE module and MBUX augmented reality.
I already got confirmation they will retrofit the LTE module on a later date (had to sign a waiver for that), but they are unsure if MBUX AR can be retrofitted.

Can anyone that don't have the augmented reality confirm me a few things:
1. can it be retrofitted (in other words: what did the dealership tell you :) )
2. Is the large map view on the screen in front of you available. I mean the view where the map covers almost the entire screen, not in between the 2 dials.
3. Is the traffic light view available? This is the view when you are first in line at the traffic lights, so you have a better view of the lights above

Cheers,

S

#166 ·
Welcome to the forum.

In answer to your map point, yes it can be across the whole screen in front of you. See post #126.

I believe AR no longer available from MB on the A-Class so I imagine a retrofit will be quite complex.

#168 ·
Yes pre-July had AR.

#170 ·
Good luck hopefully you've got in to July. But I have AR and actually find it distracting to use so usually leave it turned off.

#172 ·
Hey everyone! First post on here - so go easy!

Im close to buying a brand new 2021 A200 AMG line EDITION.... and I just wanted to see if there is anything that I should check before I buy!!!

If there are any extras that im NOT getting that I would be if I were to choose an older model, anything that you guys know about it that would making buying a slightly older one a better choice etc.

It looks perfect to me...almost TOO perfect. hahaha. So just looking for anything that I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance!!!

James

#173 ·
Hey everyone! First post on here - so go easy!

Im close to buying a brand new 2021 A200 AMG line EDITION.... and I just wanted to see if there is anything that I should check before I buy!!!

If there are any extras that im NOT getting that I would be if I were to choose an older model, anything that you guys know about it that would making buying a slightly older one a better choice etc.

It looks perfect to me...almost TOO perfect. hahaha. So just looking for anything that I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance!!!

James
Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your post here from a standalone post on the A45s part of the forum so you can see some of the issues being discussed and others can respond to your concerns.

Good luck deciding.

#175 ·
Have MB said they will retrofit in your letter. It's just that I am sure it is possible to retrofit but could be pricey. We had a number of discussions around doing this in the original A45 forum which you can look back at.

#177 ·
Had a chat with the dealership ... long story short:
Yes, it can be retrofitted, but it basically means taking almost the whole interior of the car apart and is a very costly job, so they say they can't do it. Also the risk of stuff getting loose afterwards, and starting to rattle is too big

#178 ·
Evening all

We ordered our a200d sport executive edition auto in March.

We have been given a build date of 10th Nov delivery due 10th Dec does anyone know if the speck has changed on the executive edition between March and now ??

Been told by dealer it will come complete no missing chips or module

#179 ·
Evening all

We ordered our a200d sport executive edition auto in March.

We have been given a build date of 10th Nov delivery due 10th Dec does anyone know if the speck has changed on the executive edition between March and now ??

Been told by dealer it will come complete no missing chips or module
Ordered mine end of februari and this will be missing:
  • LTE module (SOS, live traffic and mercedes.me services)
  • MBUX augmented reality (no retrofit possible)
  • Keyless Go (no retrofit possible)
Furthermore there are 2 blocking issues preventing the car from being delivered to the dealer. It's waiting in a parking lot somewhere in Germany for parts. No clue given as to the time it will spend there ...

Since my previous car was declared totalled (engine blew) in May of this year, I'm having a fulltime job planning loaner/rental/... cars for the past 5 months now ...

#180 ·
Just got my car today A250 premium. Seems to have most things people were told were going to be missing. I have mercedes me and keyless go. I have the park assist though it might be bay parking only haven't tested it. No wireless charging and don't think it has the upgraded speaker system that the premium is meant to have. It has the updated ambient lights without the centre console lights

#181 ·
Hi,

From July this year, Mercedes introduced restrictions in the specification.
A few days ago, MBUK. issued a new price list and specification.
Restrictions are still in force, i.e. the specification is incomplete.
Prices have gone up several hundred pounds.

It must be added that MBUK introduced restrictions without lowering the price.
Premium and premium plus the most injured.
Everything went down to the Executive level.

For 2 years now I have A220 4matic Premium including Augmented Reality which is very useful,
Today I got a message from Mercedes Me that I can activate DashCam for a £ 200 one-time cost.
The condition is to have active Augmented Reality because it is through his camera that DashCam works.
All A-class holders have been waiting for this, for this possibility.
According to the restrictive specification, where Augmented Reality is abolished,
new buyers will no longer have such an option.Never...shame..

In August this year, I ordered a new A35 Saloon / Sedan for delivery in 21December ( now)
I received a large 7% discount for those times and didn't know anything about these restrictions.
I configured my purchase from the price list issued on May 5 with full specification.
In the meantime, the Mercedes on July 1 changed the spec. leaving the old prices and didn't boast about it publicly.
I found out by accident and my dealer confirmed it.

For me it is stressful because I cannot accept such a specification in a new car.
We were hoping that the restrictions would be lifted by mid-December.
Unfortunately, they were not removed.
Because they are no longer available in Germany and you can configure whatever you want.
I had to make a sad decision yesterday to reorder my order.
(order from a factory in Germany) and stand at the end of the line.
In the hope that during the next 4 months the restrictions will disappear.
Then there will be new registration numbers (from March)

The new version of the facelift model 2023 will be introduced in UK ( 4Q) at the end of 2022.
2023 Mercedes-Benz A-Class spy shots: Mid-cycle update on the way

These will be slight changes, but the price will probably go up sharply.
I suppose in the meantime when the restrictions are lifted Mercedes will issue a new brochure with full specs. and there will be a slight increase again.

My decision is also dictated by the fact that if I want to sell such a reduced car in 3 years,
its market value will be lower compared to the same car with full specification.
The only good thing is that I haven't sold my A220 4matic / 2019 yet
and I have the car and I can wait for the A35.
Chris
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

#182 ·
From July this year, Mercedes introduced restrictions in the specification.
A few days ago, MBUK. issued a new price list and specification.
July 2021 Brochure and Specification Thread:

Today I got a message from Mercedes Me that I can activate DashCam for a £ 200 one-time cost.
The condition is to have active Augmented Reality because it is through his camera that DashCam works.
All A-class holders have been waiting for this, for this possibility.
Extensive £200 Dashcam thread here:

In the meantime, the Mercedes on July 1 changed the spec. leaving the old prices and didn't boast about it publicly.
July 2021 Brochure and change of specifications info here:

Jan 2022 Brochure and change of specifications info here:

I suppose in the meantime when the restrictions are lifted Mercedes will issue a new brochure with full specs. and there will be a slight increase again.
There will no further full, or new brochures, or increases in spec, apart from retrofitting genuine shortage items (eg Hermes Module).

Every car from every manufacturer in every lifecycle goes through a “cost down” exercise run by accountants throughout its life, from making carpets thinner, to removing under bonnet insulation etc.

Features and options will be removed “as standard” from cars to increase profitability, until the end of the lifecycle, when for the last gasp, Marketing will launch a “special edition” model where all sorts of strange options and body decals will be thrown in to make the car “special” to shift cars the last of that model.

All car manufacturers exist to make a profit, and to squeeze every last penny out of every product line. Once initial production has taken place, accountants run the business to maximise returns.

#185 ·
Good to hear. Other than the wireless charging going, you were disappointed with, I hope everything else is fully up to the spec you ordered.

#187 ·
I ordered an A250e through my company leasing scheme in December 2020 and am still waiting. I am now in regular communication with Mercedes as it appears my car was built in mid September however has been on Factory hold since so I still have no delivery date. Has anyone else experienced anything similar or know what may be causing it? The dealership I am talking to don't, which seems somewhat incredulous although not all together unbelievable given how things are at the moment.

#188 ·
Check my post:

An update on my order for anyone interested.
The car was built in the first week of September, I have a vin, but it's parked somewhere (either in the Finland factory or in Germany) awaiting a final part, from what my dealer told me, it's either the exhaust sensor or the buzzer for the reverse gear... It's been there since the second week of September, and my dealer says it has another customer in the same situation since July. \o/
Exact same situation, my dealer meanwhile told me that the car was released from factory, but I will only believe it when I get to see the car (if that is true it should arrive in a couple of weeks)

#189 ·
My V177 A200d AMG Line Edition that was ordered in July and was due to be delivered in February/March is at the dealers waiting to be picked up now.
I’m going to imagine that I was able to get mine earlier because I’m getting the V177 (Saloon) over the W177 (Hatchback) which everyone else is ordering.

#192 ·
I am sure things will not get worse and hopefully we will be looking at a greater degree of normality.

#197 ·
Massive wait. Will you get them to hold until 1st March.

#201 ·
Hi,
First post, but unfortunately not a positive one. Has anyone had a model delivered without equipment stated in the brochure?
I had a 69 reg A200 AMG Line Premium Plus and my local MB dealership approached me asking if I would be interested in changing. Having been very happy with my car, I thought why not. The dealership identified the A200 AMG Line Premium Plus Edition as the equivalent vehicle spec, even identifying it as an upgrade from my 2019 vehicle because of the 'Night Pack'. I also checked the A Class brochure (July 2021 version) and understood the features and equipment the model should have. My new vehicle was ordered in mid November and arrived late December at the dealership. I picked the vehicle up in mid January. On pick up day, I highlighted a number of features and equipment that were 'missing' on my car compared to the July 2021 brochure, namely the 'Electrically Adjustable Front Memory seats' and 'MB Advanced Sound System'. Both important features for me and what I believed I paid for. The dealership didn't want to know, stating I had received the model ordered and had 'signed for it', therefore I had to accept it. Even when I pointed out that the brochure, current at the time of order, stated equipment levels that were not delivered, they responded with "you received the vehicle you ordered and and signed for with the correct levels of specification as stated and published by Mercedes-Benz UK". :mad:
Anyone else experienced similar issues?

#202 ·
Hi,
First post, but unfortunately not a positive one. Has anyone had a model delivered without equipment stated in the brochure?
I had a 69 reg A200 AMG Line Premium Plus and my local MB dealership approached me asking if I would be interested in changing. Having been very happy with my car, I thought why not. The dealership identified the A200 AMG Line Premium Plus Edition as the equivalent vehicle spec, even identifying it as an upgrade from my 2019 vehicle because of the 'Night Pack'. I also checked the A Class brochure (July 2021 version) and understood the features and equipment the model should have. My new vehicle was ordered in mid November and arrived late December at the dealership. I picked the vehicle up in mid January. On pick up day, I highlighted a number of features and equipment that were 'missing' on my car compared to the July 2021 brochure, namely the 'Electrically Adjustable Front Memory seats' and 'MB Advanced Sound System'. Both important features for me and what I believed I paid for. The dealership didn't want to know, stating I had received the model ordered and had 'signed for it', therefore I had to accept it. Even when I pointed out that the brochure, current at the time of order, stated equipment levels that were not delivered, they responded with "you received the vehicle you ordered and and signed for with the correct levels of specification as stated and published by Mercedes-Benz UK". :mad:
Anyone else experienced similar issues?
Unfortunately yes your tale is a common one. For various reasons, later cars are not as feature rich and missing features compared to previous cars.

more in this thread documenting the changes from July 2021 build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.