Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
A35 AMG
81 Posts
Still OK for mid august... I will seel my Golf R Wagon this friday, then 1 month and a bit more with the Audi Q3 from my wife... I can't wait like a child... Peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dilemma, my fully loaded Digital white A35 has arrived at the dealer! It wasn’t due till mid August so thought I could easily wait 2 weeks to have it on a 71 plate. Dealer has just sent a vid through saying I could have it this week if I wanted. Don’t know what to do now

·
Super Moderator
1,999 Posts
I had same problem. Mine arrived beginning of February and dealer sent vid too. I waited as car would have been 6 months older on the plate very quickly. It’s tough but you know what’s right 👍

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Dilemma, my fully loaded Digital white A35 has arrived at the dealer! It wasn’t due till mid August so thought I could easily wait 2 weeks to have it on a 71 plate. Dealer has just sent a vid through saying I could have it this week if I wanted. Don’t know what to do now

View attachment 8470
I waited for a 20 plate like Steve. It was made easier by being able to holiday normally in those days so I didn't have to fret about not getting the car sooner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thought I'd add my wait time for anyone else looking in the future.
I ordered a a35 premium plus at the start of May and it has been at the dealership for a week now, I get it in september with the new plates. So about 12 weeks in total, it was originally meant to come in October according to their estimate.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Thought I'd add my wait time for anyone else looking in the future.
I ordered a a35 premium plus at the start of May and it has been at the dealership for a week now, I get it in september with the new plates. So about 12 weeks in total, it was originally meant to come in October according to their estimate.
Good news. We look forward to the pics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, I bought an AMG a35 last month and delivery was expected around mid november this year but as you guys know new models are facing semi-conductor issues and my dealership called me this morning and said that the items wireless charging, hands-free access ( for boot ) and Advanced sound System are not available anymore and offers me 721$ ( Australian Dollars ) or 6 Month waiting.

I feel like the money is ridiculous regarding what they are taking off, do you guys know if I can cancel the contract or maybe negotiate more money or free services..?

Thanks
( Sorry for my english, third language )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all

Absolutely fuming

Ordered a New A35 Premium Plus Edition back in July & was told car available by end of September
Had a call to say delayed until 5th October
OK, it is what it is
But today I’m raging & flabbergasted
Just been told that because of the Microchip shortage, Mercedes have deleted a load of options But want the SAME MONEY

So, they have deleted Burmeister Stereo, so you now get the same stereo as a basic A Class,
They have deleted Augmentation Satnav
They have deleted wireless charging
They have deleted auto boot closing
They have deleted LED headlamps

But, they want the same F**king money for the car

What an absolute joke – order CANCELLED!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all

Absolutely fuming

Ordered a New A35 Premium Plus Edition back in July & was told car available by end of September
OK, it is what it is
Just been told that because of the Microchip shortage, Mercedes have deleted a load of options But want the SAME MONEY

So, they have deleted Burmeister Stereo, so you now get the same stereo as a basic A Class,

I got a small discount on the car for the Augmented Reality being missing which they gave without me asking:
  • LTE communication module (13 features/codes mentioned related to it), I assume they will retrofit this but i'm not sure it's not super clear how they've sent the info over.
  • MBUX Augmented Reality is missing but will be retrofitted when components available, expected in 2022.

I didn't do any haggling but I was offered 2 years free servicing and £500 off for the Augmented Reality being missing.
My only complaint is the car had already arrived at the dealership, I had fully paid for it and then they told me it has missing features. I'm not sure that's the best way to handle that :rolleyes:, apparently Mercedes sent them the missing features list separately after they got the car in my case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a small discount on the car for the Augmented Reality being missing which they gave without me asking:
  • LTE communication module (13 features/codes mentioned related to it), I assume they will retrofit this but i'm not sure it's not super clear how they've sent the info over.
  • MBUX Augmented Reality is missing but will be retrofitted when components available, expected in 2022.

I didn't do any haggling but I was offered 2 years free servicing and £500 off for the Augmented Reality being missing.
My only complaint is the car had already arrived at the dealership, I had fully paid for it and then they told me it has missing features. I'm not sure that's the best way to handle that :rolleyes:, apparently Mercedes sent them the missing features list separately after they got the car in my case.
Hi

how annoying is that.
at least they told me whilst mine still being built.
I’m a manager for a truck main dealership & we’ve had microchip problems ourselves, but we’ve never just deleted standard equipment & expected the customer to just accept it.
Of course I understand these are strange times. But you spend that amount of money to have these little extras.
I haven’t been offered retrofit or anything. They’ve just deleted it from the vehicle spec completely.
I am very tempted to go to BMW & buy an M2 instead

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
In reality, they haven't just deleted features and options just because of the chip shortage (that has added to it, and for some features, they will retrofit later, eg LTE module).

It's well known that every half year, and every brochure release, features are added and removed (more usually removed to increase profitability on the cars) as the lifecycle progresses.

This is the thread that outlines what your car will lose (eg AR Navigation) if its Model Year 802 (MY802) - build from July 2021.

Plus - the small print on the brochures is their get out clause - "Features and Specifications are subject to change" etc.

It's your money - take it and spend it somewhere else if you aren't getting what you want!

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Hi all

Absolutely fuming

OK, it is what it is

Sorry to hear.

I've posted elsewhere that Driving the Deal is offering FL models for some of the A-Classes. It would be good to know what the spec of those FL models are and if some of the items you've listed will disappear in any case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recently took delivery of an A35 (August 18) which is missing a chip (due to chip shortage of course) which prevents me from having access to connectivity functions.

Dealer said the chip should be available by December and will contact me to install it later on.

Anyone else is experiencing the same ?

·
Registered
A35 AMG
81 Posts
Hey, my A35 went into factory on 8th of September, I will call the salesman on Friday to see if it will arrived as informed end of September... cross fingers...

I hope I will get the android connectivity option and it's almost the only stuff I added, apart from full digital panel...

201 - 217 of 217 Posts