Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

New order thread

57K views 232 replies 64 participants last post by  BlackAnt 
#1 ·
I am about to order a A35 Premium Plus in Polar White with black leather interior including the advanced navigation pack which includes augmented reality and HUD but without the aero pack.

I am wondering if the advanced connectivity pack is worth the £495 or not so if anyone has it already and can tell me if it's worth it or not I would appreciate it as I am due to finalise the spec within the next few days.

I am being told that delivery will be mid-February or early March for mine.

Also, does anyone know how the suspension will be set up in the A35? Will the comfort, sport, eco, sport+ settings be the same as in a A200 for example or will the car have a firmer ride because it is a sportier model?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Johnny Bravo :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Yup, there have been little snippets from the press event appearing on YouTube recently from the more excitable contributors, mostly revving the engine.

Last week's Autocar carried a header for the A35 driven review, due out tomorrow.

If your German's ok enough to follow, there is a short J P Kraemer in-car video preview on the road with the A-Class Product Manager.

Car Buyer Singapore blurted out a roadside walk around in English as well. They could get away with it I guess, given it's no more revealing than Paris.

#7 ·
Indeed, the A35's pipes make up for the disappointing noise from the otherwise quite impressive A250.

#9 ·
Hi all, new here and also currently considering an A35. My spec would be Denim Blue, Premium pack, black leather and possibly Connectivity pack, tho could live without Apple CarPlay and wireless charging. Would quite like the 19” wheels but only available as part of AMG pack which includes large spoiler, which I’m not keen on.

Definitely good savings off list price at the moment, a bit surprising given the car hasn’t hit the roads yet.

Look forward to hearing comments on here from new owners. :)

#11 ·
Ordered an A35 Premium, Mojave silver, grey/black leather, adaptive dampers, dark glass fitting arranged as a dealer mod.

A few bits and bobs to finalise nearer delivery like Starguard treatment, accessories, etc. Some added bits I'll probably keep from my W176 A200 like the cargo net and jack.

Used online broker discounts as influence, the percentages have unusually been the same for cash as finance so far on the A35 deals in my inbox.

#12 ·
Just got a call from my local Mercedes dealer and my A35 is ready for collection tomorrow!

It's having the pre-delivery inspection done today so that I can drive it away tomorrow ( 05/03/19 ).

To say I have been patient and excited about it is an understatement but hopefully it will all have been worth it tomorrow when I drive it home!

Ive got my insurance sorted and also GAP insurance which I think will be around £175 for two years so I am ready to roll tomorrow!

#14 · (Edited)
Hi, I was happy to find this forum. Like many others on here, I have an A35 AMG on order. The car has a confirmed factory build date of 15/04/19. So first question is for any of you who have already taken delivery of your own cars, typically how long after the build date was your car ready for collection?

I’m replacing 2 cars with the A35. A BMW X5 (daily) and a Porsche Boxster S (weekend) toy. I don’t need a big car like the X5 anymore and the weekend car drives dried up last year when they were replaced with a puppy. So the A35 has to be versatile enough to ferry the wife, dog and myself around in relative comfort, yet be a B road delight when I get the opportunity to go for a blast. Fingers crossed it lives up to expectations as this is the first new car I’ve had that I’ve never test driven before. Well I did have a brief drive in a W177 A250, but that’s not quite the same.

Spec of my A35 is going to be:

Colour: Mojave Silver
Interior: Bahia Brown leather
Premium plus package
Driving assistance package
AMG style package
Advanced navigation package
Advanced connectivity package
AMG ride control suspension

#15 ·
Hi, nice spec. I had a confirmed build date for mine on the 6/2. Was in the dealers on the 28th but can’t collect till the 13th. It’s killing me knowing it’s sitting there and I can’t get it due to work commitments. Coming from a MK7 golf R. Spec is red, premium pack, style pack and advanced connectivity. I’m hoping it lives up to expectations as the golf R will be hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Exciting times for you. The wait would be killing me too if my car was at the dealers already. Look forward to seeing pics of your car in a couple of weeks time ?

So it looks like it will be early May before I’m able to collect mine.

#18 ·
I did check with my insurer about GAP insurance and Privilege do not offer it at all and I also asked about new car replacement and they will only pay out on the current value of the car at the time of the claim which would most likely be less than what I paid for the car from new, so I think I will protect my asset and go for the GAP insurance with Admiral but there are two options for this insurance and I am not sure which would suit me best.

One is this:-

If your car is written off or stolen, we'll pay the difference between your motor insurer's settlement and either the invoice price or the outstanding finance amount - whichever is higher. For example, if your car is deemed a total loss, and your insurer pays you only 70% of the value shown above (£25,900 of £37,000), your Admiral GAP insurance will cover the difference of £11,100. This policy provides cover for any permitted driver on your comprehensive motor insurance policy.

The other one :-

Replacement GAP insurance Covers the difference between your motor insurance payout and the greater of either:

1. The amount outstanding on finance at the time of claim.

OR

2. The original invoice price that you paid for your vehicle when you first bought it.

OR

3. What it would cost at the time of claim to replace your vehicle with a brand new version of the same (or nearest equivalent) vehicle.

So I will have to do a bit more research into which one I buy.

#19 ·
Picked up my AMG A35 at 11:00 this morning and I am blown away by the car and how it handles and performs!

I am even happier than I thought I would be because the alloy wheels are black and not the dark grey ones which I have seen on a few models.

I really like the HUD as well and the augmented reality on the navigation just finishes things off perfectly.

The car has now got 27 miles on the clock after a bit of a drive up the local motorway to test the different driving settings like Comfort, Sport and Sport+.

The car feels solid but in comfort the ride is very nice and one thing I didn't know it had was the massage feature in the seats that you can set to different areas of the seat and the duration.

I am still finding things out and changing settings and features but so far I absolutely love it!

Here are a couple of images of the car taken just after the 'grand unveiling' at the dealers where they remove the Mercedes cover to view the car which I made a video of as well ( sad I know lol )

Attachments

#21 ·
Looks lovely :)

Not sure what you mean about the alloys, I thought all the A35's with 18's had black inserts instead of the standard AMG Line grey inserts? Do you have pictures from the side?

Massage seats :eek: I have a premium plus pack car coming this month (albeit in yellow) and would love it if my car has massage seats too!!

Was you told to run the car in at all? My neighbour had the A45 and had to stay under 4500 revs for the first 1000 miles.

#22 ·
Congrats Johnny and enjoy!

I guess you were expecting the AMG Line 18 inch Twin-5's, which have grey finish. The A35 18 inch Twin-5's have gloss black and are 0.5 inch wider, giving a subtly different look. They'll accentuate that white finish pretty well.

#25 ·
Hi all,

I’ve been reading and posting a bit in the standard W177 forum but new to the AMG section.

Just ordered my A35 Premium Plus in Mountain Grey, my 6 month old A200 isn’t cutting it, especially with the amount of lag it has!

I’ve gone for:

- Style Pack
- Advanced Connectivity
- Driving Assistance Pack
- Standard Artico/Dynamica with red seat belts.

Can’t wait to get behind the wheel of this, I keep watching videos on YouTube!

I think the sound is just right, and I agree that the style pack is needed (I wanted the night package anyway).

What’s everyone think so far to theirs? I’ve left the suspension option off, but is it worth it for every day driving?

Thanks! Looking forward to being an AMG owner ?

Attachments

#26 ·
Congrats on your upgrade!

I understand what you mean about the W177 A200, as I wasn't impressed when I drove one, coming from a W176 A200.

Apart from the smack in the wallet, I'm sure you won't regret it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.