Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I ordered an A250e Saloon AMG-Line Premium at the start of august (lease) and was originally advised I should receive it before Christmas but then they changed the timescales to "Late March", I contacted my local dealership earlier this week who had provided updates in the past and was advised the person who normally deals with these queries is furloughed and someone else would phone me back (they never did).

I am just curious what delivery times other people have had with their car and when roughly did you order it?

Thank you
David

·
Super Moderator
407 Posts
Given the current circumstances with Covid lockdowns, only Mercedes can give you a realistic idea unfortunately. We aren't in normal times, so there is no such thing as a normal lead time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get speaking to someone at Mercedes yesterday and they confirmed it should arrive on the 18th of March so very excited.

Main reason for my concern is that I work for the health service and need a car to do my job and my current one is probably not going to last much longer.

·
Registered
W177 A200
93 Posts
I ordered a A200 with manual transmission at around end of November.
A couple of weeks ago, I was informed that the car would be manufactured in February and delivered in March.

Well that changed, I got a call from the dealer yesterday saying that there is a shortage in equipment, and if I insist on the blind spot package for the mirrors, the car will be delivered in June/July.

I just came across with this article: Daimler is latest automaker cutting production because of chip shortage
It mentions Rastatt, where the compact cars are being manufactured.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mercedes were holding off any deliveries to UK until Brexit sorted. I was in process of building a new car but luckily found model I wanted at a dealer in Scotland.

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
62 Posts
Placed an order for an a250e last week from a main dealer - I was told they had three with the spec I wanted already scheduled with the factory that I could reserve, and I could change colour up to end of January. Dealer said delivery will be end of March - but who knows...not holding my breath

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
62 Posts
The lease company has updated my delivery time to early April. Very exciting
Great news BigJim - can I ask when you placed your order (sorry if I missed it in the thread above!).
Still hopeful that my order form delivery date of mid April is still achievable 😂

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great news BigJim - can I ask when you placed your order (sorry if I missed it in the thread above!).
Still hopeful that my order form delivery date of mid April is still achievable 😂
The order was placed with the leasing company on 17th of Jan and then they placed the order with Mercedes on the 19th

·
Registered
42 Posts
My a250e is currently with mb following a hybrid system malfunction rendering it a brick on wheels at the moment. 2 weeks bavk.i was given a time scale of 10 days for the required part(s).... this was updated today to.March 12th in Germany before bing shipped.

Apparently mb arw having trouble sourcing parts for the hybrids...and the dealership said they are currently unable to get batteries!!!!! This would tie in to the delayed timescales for cars too.

Bit p***poor regardless of covid and brexit.. unless we are all just fed a load of bull.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All

I ordered an A250e Saloon AMG-Line Premium at the start of august (lease) and was originally advised I should receive it before Christmas but then they changed the timescales to "Late March", I contacted my local dealership earlier this week who had provided updates in the past and was advised the person who normally deals with these queries is furloughed and someone else would phone me back (they never did).

I am just curious what delivery times other people have had with their car and when roughly did you order it?

Thank you
David
I ordered my a180d saloon 2.0 diesel automatic amg line with the night package on 21 November & was told I would have it in February but it came to the dealer on 15 January & I got it last Tuesday 19 January a week ago today - 8 weeks not bad

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately my car is now pushed back to late April, that will be about 8 months if it does come then. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in a FB group and a guy ordered a CLA250e shooting brake and his original delivery date of August has got put back to March of next year. My lease company is still saying early April, although that's not been updated since the day after I ordered it. Anyone else with one on order?

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
62 Posts
I ordered mid Jan a250e saloon with confirmed build next week and estimated delivery mid April. Dealer called me a few weeks ago to say all still on schedule so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in a FB group and a guy ordered a CLA250e shooting brake and his original delivery date of August has got put back to March of next year. My lease company is still saying early April, although that's not been updated since the day after I ordered it. Anyone else with one on order?
I ordered mine (a250e premium) last week (12th March), told me it would be here for June, especially as to get the free wall box it has to be ordered by March 31st, and delivery taken before the end of June.

·
Registered
A200 AMG Premium. Mountain Grey. Petrol Auto
37 Posts
I ordered mine (a250e premium) last week (12th March), told me it would be here for June, especially as to get the free wall box it has to be ordered by March 31st, and delivery taken before the end of June.
Hi Rick. I am also looking to order an A250e and it would help if you could tell me which dealer you used. I last read in the online brochure that the wall box was free up till end of 2020. It seems as though the offer might have been extended. All info will be helpful. Thanks

1 - 20 of 218 Posts