Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, new member and 1st post, and excitedly awaiting my 1st MB. I ordered a leased A250e AMG LIne Exec Saloon in early June and having initially being told delivery in Sept, then Oct, then December I am now being told its Q1, by end March but no build slot and no other info from lease co etc.
I am aware that there are production issues, pandemic, chip shortage and some spec downgrades, but I was advised that MB are focussing on their Elec/PHEV models to meet targets so unsure if up to 9/10 months wait is realistic?
Is there anywhere else I can go to find out anything firmer as lease co is not providing any info, other than awaiting build slot which just keeps being delayed?
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
407 Posts
Unfortunately, the supplying dealer is the only source of the correct info. Anything else is just guesswork.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered my a250 e AMG line, premium plus back at the start of May, and have just been notified I can collect it on Monday, was expecting to have to wait longer so grateful it's come in a somewhat decent time!

However, as we're all probably aware by now, there's a few bits missing and what Mercedes are offering in compensation I feel falls a bit short...

On the phone they said wireless charging, augmented reality sat nav and upgraded sound system has not been included.

They're offering one free service, but I feel the missing sat nav and sound system especially will end up affecting the future trade in price quite significantly - what have others been offered/asked for that Mercedes have given them as a means to negate this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exact same spot - but with premium pack.
I've made an appt with a "Mercedes star representitive" to go see them tomorrow so they can show me the difference in the sound systems.
So far they've offered me a £250 John Lewis voucher - which means absolutely nothing to me.
I dont mind losing the augmented nav or wireless charging but the sound system is a large downgrade for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exact same spot - but with premium pack.
I've made an appt with a "Mercedes star representitive" to go see them tomorrow so they can show me the difference in the sound systems.
So far they've offered me a £250 John Lewis voucher - which means absolutely nothing to me.
I dont mind losing the augmented nav or wireless charging but the sound system is a large downgrade for me.
Sorry to hear, annoying isn't it! Yeah the sound system is a big one for me too, the others I can live without (but still want something in return for missing out ha).

Was the John Lewis voucher on top of one annual service, or instead of?

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
The satnav I assume MB will retro fit.

The problem seems to be that it's just lucky dip what MB are offering in compensation and for those too shy to ask they probably get nothing. There needs to be greater consistency driven from the top of MB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@nthompsonx It's a fleet car for me - servicing is included so not much to be offered there; @Forrester I've been told through the leasing company that no retro-fitting will be offered.

However this has all so far been fed to me through the leasing company. Tomorrow I'll be meeting with the dealership who will fulfil the order to see if there is any wiggle room. This so happens to be the first MB of our fleet; not a good starting point going forward.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
This so happens to be the first MB of our fleet; not a good starting point going forward.
To be fair, as frustrating as this all is to us, this is outside MB's control and I imagine other makers are either doing the same or cancelling orders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For sure; I head up the product division of an electronics company who has a heavy reliance on IC's; I know how bad the situation is - and its not forecast to improve for at least a year at this point. However failing to deliver on features promised with no intention of remedying in the future - or without any meaningful compensation isnt an option I would present.

MB find themselves in the fortunate position of being in a fairly starved market at the moment so the people who would choose to go down the path of cancelling orders wont really be felt either; someone else out there will snatch it up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I see on the new C Class spec on line ebrouchre that you get wireless charging and augmented reality sat nav but no mention of what type of sound system is available. Looks they have components but probably reserved for the larger cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered my a250 e AMG line, premium plus back at the start of May, and have just been notified I can collect it on Monday, was expecting to have to wait longer so grateful it's come in a somewhat decent time!

However, as we're all probably aware by now, there's a few bits missing and what Mercedes are offering in compensation I feel falls a bit short...

On the phone they said wireless charging, augmented reality sat nav and upgraded sound system has not been included.

They're offering one free service, but I feel the missing sat nav and sound system especially will end up affecting the future trade in price quite significantly - what have others been offered/asked for that Mercedes have given them as a means to negate this?

Thank you!
Very happy for you although this post somewhat annoys me as I ordered the same car in December and still don't even have a build date...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to provide an update; went to the showroom and compared the two sound systems - while the basic sound system is acceptable - its far from good. In terms of compensation; it looks like not much will be offered - the branch point the finger up the chain.

I'm going to accept delivery as is because I need out of the car I'm currently in and possibly consider aftermarket options.

Theres frustratingly little information on aftermarket options for the W177. Would be interesting to know if the standard wiring for sub/amp is there with no components plugged in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you!
Happy for you, albeit jealous! Did it arrive as planned yesterday??

·
Registered
2021 Digital White A-Class A200 Manual AMG-Line Premium Plus
27 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you!
Hi nthompsonx,

When I picked up my A200 AMG-Line Premium Plus (MY802) I was already aware that there would be missing items from when I ordered it from the April2021 brochure.

The dealer was aware of all the missing items (wireless charging, AR satnav, reduced ambient lighing) and initially offered 2 free services. I said that I was expecting what I had ordered from the brochure at the time so they then offered £500 towards accessories as compensation, plus come back for the HERMES module to be fitted at a later date TBC when available.

The dealer initially offered 2 free services, I thought that wouldn't cost them much, so took the £500 towards accessories.

Since picking up the car on 30th July, the premium plus you get now isn't so premium plus but they are still charging the customer the same.

·
Registered
2021 A250e Premium Saloon in Cosmos Black with several missing features….🤬
12 Posts
My latest update (new MY Premium, no options, fleet order in mid June) is that the car completed build last week, and the delay is now transport to the U.K.

The feature losses are boiling my urine somewhat. My original quote was in May before the MY change date, but the fleet company forced a requote for the new MY with no info on spec changes when I signed. Frankly sod all I can do though.

I can live with the appearance changes, and without AR and centre console lighting. Losing wireless charging is annoying, but losing the upgraded sound system is a kick in the nuts - chip shortages don’t justify that. I’m basically paying Premium money to get what was an Executive spec in May.

If it was my money, I’d have walked probably.
Feels a bit dirty quoting myself, but it saves time.

Build was completed on the 14th, transit to the U.K. is currently taking four weeks. Car needs two to three weeks for the dealer to do their ****, so delivery due by the first week in November.

Possibly.

181 - 200 of 218 Posts