Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The name and title says it all...

4 years of V8 rumbling and power to a 1 year old used A250e premium plus....arrives next week.

Can't justify the running costs anymore, doing more miles...

Wish me luck.

Best to all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
An update on my order for anyone interested.
The car was built in the first week of September, I have a vin, but it's parked somewhere (either in the Finland factory or in Germany) awaiting a final part, from what my dealer told me, it's either the exhaust sensor or the buzzer for the reverse gear... It's been there since the second week of September, and my dealer says it has another customer in the same situation since July. \o/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I'm in a similar position to many of you. I ordered an A250e Saloon Premium Plus (denim blue) back in mid-May, as a company car, only to find out a month later that the order hadn't gone through as builds were switching to a new revision of the vehicle. So I then placed a new order in mid-June. I was given an initial ETA of 30/09/21, but that slipped to 30/10/21, then again to 30/11/21, and most recently all the way to 04/03/22! I found this forum when searching online to try to understand what's going on...

Having read this thread, I'm now concerned about the potential loss of some features I was expected, in addition to the delay - which I wasn't aware of before. I guess I hadn't paid close enough attention to the differences in the list of features between my original order in May and the new order in June. Now that I look at them again, I can see that wireless charging disappeared from the list, and the interior stitching changed from red to grey. It did still mention AR nav, and advanced sound system though... however I'm wondering whether in fact those won't be present either when I eventually receive the vehicle, given what others are saying :( Although now that the delivery date has been pushed all the way out to March 2022, I'm also wondering whether the necessary components for those features might become more readily available again in the meantime, such that my car might in fact still end up getting them? So far I've only been speaking to the leasing company to request updates, but perhaps I would get more information if I spoke to the dealer directly?

On the one hand I do want a car sooner rather than later... I'm currently using my wife's car to commute, as she hasn't needed it much during the pandemic, however she will likely need to use it herself more often again soon, leaving me with the prospect of 2 hours a day on buses during winter until I have a car of my own. But on the other hand if waiting a bit longer means its more likely I'll end up with more of the features I was expecting, I'd probably rather wait.

All a bit disappointing really, as I've been really looking forward to the car - my last car died back in 2018, and was a 17-year-old Ford Puma which I had owned for about 10 years. I did enjoy that at the time, but this new A class should be a huge improvement in a lot ways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, I'm in a similar position to many of you. I ordered an A250e Saloon Premium Plus (denim blue) back in mid-May, as a company car, only to find out a month later that the order hadn't gone through as builds were switching to a new revision of the vehicle. So I then placed a new order in mid-June. I was given an initial ETA of 30/09/21, but that slipped to 30/10/21, then again to 30/11/21, and most recently all the way to 04/03/22! I found this forum when searching online to try to understand what's going on...

Having read this thread, I'm now concerned about the potential loss of some features I was expected, in addition to the delay - which I wasn't aware of before. I guess I hadn't paid close enough attention to the differences in the list of features between my original order in May and the new order in June. Now that I look at them again, I can see that wireless charging disappeared from the list, and the interior stitching changed from red to grey. It did still mention AR nav, and advanced sound system though... however I'm wondering whether in fact those won't be present either when I eventually receive the vehicle, given what others are saying :( Although now that the delivery date has been pushed all the way out to March 2022, I'm also wondering whether the necessary components for those features might become more readily available again in the meantime, such that my car might in fact still end up getting them? So far I've only been speaking to the leasing company to request updates, but perhaps I would get more information if I spoke to the dealer directly?

On the one hand I do want a car sooner rather than later... I'm currently using my wife's car to commute, as she hasn't needed it much during the pandemic, however she will likely need to use it herself more often again soon, leaving me with the prospect of 2 hours a day on buses during winter until I have a car of my own. But on the other hand if waiting a bit longer means its more likely I'll end up with more of the features I was expecting, I'd probably rather wait.

All a bit disappointing really, as I've been really looking forward to the car - my last car died back in 2018, and was a 17-year-old Ford Puma which I had owned for about 10 years. I did enjoy that at the time, but this new A class should be a huge improvement in a lot ways.
There is a new facelift planned for 2022 too, maybe worth waiting a few months extra in the end?

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a new facelift planned for 2022 too, maybe worth waiting a few months extra in the end?
Oh interesting - although everyone has a different view on what is most aesthetically pleasing, so there's no guarantee I'll prefer the new look to the old. Presumably we don't yet know what the new facelift looks like?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh interesting - although everyone has a different view on what is most aesthetically pleasing, so there's no guarantee I'll prefer the new look to the old. Presumably we don't yet know what the new facelift looks like?
This is as good as it gets at the moment

·
Registered
2021 A250e Premium Saloon in Cosmos Black with several missing features….🤬
12 Posts
Slight tweaks to the front, looks like most of the work is at the back to widen the boot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is frustrating. When I rang several dealers, they all said they can't release their Demos till March 2022 but I'm "more than welcome to purchase it"... No thanks mate...

·
Registered
1 Posts

Its good you got a date. I ordered a GLA 200 AMG Line Premium. in June. They haven't even given me a date, just guesses "Maybe January, maybe Feb" they just don't know. I couldn't continue without a car so I bought a second hand Honda Civic, until I get my car delivered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a golf gte mk7.5 for 2.5 years at last place of work, worked well loved the drive and liked having petrol and electric.

Started with new company in January and straight away new for the company car bik it was the a250e I was going for as even the mk8 gte didn't have the electric range, so ordered mid-Jan.

Originally given a date of May, as May neared this was moved back to July then August, September and they are now stating it will be November 5th.

I was contacted last month saying that it would be dumbed down on some parts, namely augmented reality sat nav, wireless charging and the upgraded sound system, but as I've waited this long and none of these were game changes have said to proceed with it.

I had an update last week stating that it was still schedule for 5th Nov. Let's see, looking at the rest of the users in here I'm starting to doubt that very much.

Let's see, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
A250e AMG line premium plus, mountain grey
7 Posts
A lucky order for a A250e

Don't give up hope. I was expecting a delivery somewhere next year, knowing what the current market is doing, however I just picked mine up. I was being told I'm one of the lucky ones, as some orders are being pushed backward with no end date. Back in July my local dealer didn't want to sell me a A250e, as he just couldn't get one (very odd, a dealer refusing to sell a car). However I found a dealer willing to sell me one with an expected delivery end of September. Yeah right, surely that will be changed closer to the date. Which it did, now it was delivery date "unknown". But suddenly it arrived last week, with most featured included.

The only thing that was removed was the upgraded sound system. The dealer explained to me the Augmented nav and wireless charging was removed from the options list when the model was updated to the "edition" model. Beats me, still giving me the feeling of being conned by Mercedes, however I was lucky to have most options. I was told some cars would come in without the keyless entry or the multi beam headlights. In compensation I received one free A service, but only after asking.

The only upside of the extra delay was the value of my trade in increased by 10%, but you will only benefit of this if you own a car or on pcp. I hope this helps for those who are still waiting for a delivery.

·
Registered
2021 A250e Premium Saloon in Cosmos Black with several missing features….🤬
12 Posts
In the least surprising news ever, I've just been told that my car is "built" and sitting at the factory, but due to chip shortages it will not be completed until "early 2022".

1) I was told on 29/09 that the car was "built" and would be in the UK by 15/10. To me built means complete, but obviously not to MB.
2) "Early 2022" probably means March. If it was January, they'd say January.

I've asked my employer and the lease company about changing my order, but I doubt that's an option. I appreciate the current global chip shortage is unprecedented, but there is no way you can claim a car is built when it is not. MB's handling of this situation is atrocious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kevin that sucks. Sorry mate. I bought a year old premium plus model as I have no patience for delays. For what it's worth, the upgraded sound system isn't much cop - big difference Vs burmeister which I had in my C63.

Focus on the delivery, it really is a smooth soft and very nippy drive. I've had mine a week and thoroughly enjoying it. Getting around 35miles on electric which works for me and my trip, just. Need the wall charger installed and things will be much better. Lovely little motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the least surprising news ever, I've just been told that my car is "built" and sitting at the factory, but due to chip shortages it will not be completed until "early 2022".

1) I was told on 29/09 that the car was "built" and would be in the UK by 15/10. To me built means complete, but obviously not to MB.

I've asked my employer and the lease company about changing my order, but I doubt that's an option. I appreciate the current global chip shortage is unprecedented, but there is no way you can claim a car is built when it is not. MB's handling of this situation is atrocious.
That's rubbish and a shame, see you placed your order in June. Stay patient if you can although I know how frustrating it is.

10 months on (placed the order in Jan), had another update yesterday with no change to delivery date to dealership of 5th of Nov. Could it actually be happening 🚗.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I couldn't continue without a car so I bought a second hand Honda Civic, until I get my car delivered.
Good call - I've just decided to do the same, and have bought a 2009 BMW 1-series to last until the A250e eventually turns up next year (whether that's the current March ETA, or ends up being delayed even further).

·
Registered
10 Posts

Im in the same boat as u mate. Ordered a built a class executive back in july and was told to expect delivery on the 19th of September, then the car was placed on hold and was told the 15th of October but on the day of delivery i got told its still on hold at factory! Just got a call today saying mercedes have said the car will be on hold untill jan 22 due to chip shortage. But if its built why would that be an issue? Frustrating to say the least

201 - 218 of 218 Posts