Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
I would guess with your being in a left hand drive market you might get the FL version before us in any case, so I would check with the dealer. Although I am sure you would have been told as the price and spec would no doubt be different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I just got word that the delivery date moved from May to late August (Ordered in June 2021). I really hope that's the last time they move the date...
Well I just got word that the delivery date moved from May to late August (Ordered in June 2021). I really hope that's the last time they move the date...
Hi,
Oh my goodness that’s awful! I really hope you get it soon! I ordered mine in June last year too, I’ve had the confirmed finish production date which was October but still no delivery date! 🙃

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed an order for an a250e saloon with the premium plus pack as a new company car in September, which has been continually delayed and doesn't currently have a build slot.
I have noticed on the configurator that the premium plus cars now get 19" wheels, and are now Night Edition.
Does anybody know when Night Edition cars will start to be produced?
Since I ordered, electric memory seats have been removed which is annoying, but I do prefer the look of the 19" wheels, so that would make up for it slightly!

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
My A250e has been on order since September but just had a call to say it has been cancelled so no A-Class for me.
Seriously annoying. Very poor MB service. I would expect MB to come back to you and ask for you to consider reordering as the FL is coming out imminently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To wrap up my story, my a250e was finally delivered 1 year later (actually 11 months and 2 weeks after ordering). The car was built in September 2021, completed in December 2021, and arrived in May 2022, because it was making "factory tests" or "emissions tests" depending on who I was asking xDDD, for what I gathered this is just an excuse Mercedes gives to their customers when something was wrong with the car, their logistics or any random problem that could happen on their side.

As a Mercedes customer, I'm more than disappointed with the entire situation, the lack of information on the overall situation (had to personally use some inside contacts and reach out to people online to get info), the condescending form that they wrote their emails, and the lack of customer support replies (they never replied to a follow-up email) made the entire purchase experience (for my first ever car ever) a complete mess, full of anxiety, remorse, and rage.

Super happy with the car so far, nothing to say regarding anything really, besides the cheap construction of the USB-C connectors (the plastics crack like crazy when you are connecting a cable).

Yesterday was able to do 66km (41 miles) on electric mode, with 2% battery to spare, about 70% of it going 120km/h (74mph) on the highway. \o/

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
To wrap up my story, my a250e was finally delivered 1 year later (actually 11 months and 2 weeks after ordering). The car was built in September 2021, completed in December 2021, and arrived in May 2022, because it was making "factory tests" or "emissions tests" depending on who I was asking xDDD, for what I gathered this is just an excuse Mercedes gives to their customers when something was wrong with the car, their logistics or any random problem that could happen on their side.

As a Mercedes customer, I'm more than disappointed with the entire situation, the lack of information on the overall situation (had to personally use some inside contacts and reach out to people online to get info), the condescending form that they wrote their emails, and the lack of customer support replies (they never replied to a follow-up email) made the entire purchase experience (for my first ever car ever) a complete mess, full of anxiety, remorse, and rage.

Super happy with the car so far, nothing to say regarding anything really, besides the cheap construction of the USB-C connectors (the plastics crack like crazy when you are connecting a cable).

Yesterday was able to do 66km (41 miles) on electric mode, with 2% battery to spare, about 70% of it going 120km/h (74mph) on the highway. \o/
Good news. But the lack of customer communication all the way through the process seems to be an MB hallmark, regardless of where in Europe you are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a lease hatchback, Premium Plus pack, driving assistance pack, back in July 2021, just been told today that my order has been cancelled as this model is currently not in production.

Glad I waited 10 months for that update!

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
Are you guys not being offered the option of a new FL model order or are MB not interested in selling cars anymore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a lease hatchback, Premium Plus pack, driving assistance pack, back in July 2021, just been told today that my order has been cancelled as this model is currently not in production.

Glad I waited 10 months for that update!
Mine had also been on order since September and just had the same call from the leasing company that Mercedes are refusing to build the cars. An absolute shambles of a company. Now waiting on the lease company to come back with alternative options which will no doubt mean paying greater payments every month and waiting another year for a car!

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
The UK MB CEO email address is: [email protected] it always seemed worthwhile to me contacting them when I was unhappy with what was happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah Angela Shepherd? I've emailed her today to complain. Not had much success with it in the past just gets pushed to customer services and you get the standard response your order isn't with us you need to complain through your leasing company.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve had my A250e premium on order since May 2021 and last week told now expected delivery is October :mad:. Even that date is not guaranteed, was also told my car is number 327 in the build queue. So longer this take the more I’m paying on my current car on BIK tax.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the people whos orders get cancelled. Is it Mercedes that cancels them or the leasing company. Its seems kind off weird that mercedes could just do something like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I ordered a A250e premium plus saloon in Nov 2021 and was told last week by the lease company that the est delivery was now end of Oct. Rang them after reading posts here and after contacting MB they were told the order is still live and although no build slot it will hopefully be built. Just wondered peoples opinions as with no build slot allocated I feel it won’t happen.

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
75 Posts
Hi I ordered a A250e premium plus saloon in Nov 2021 and was told last week by the lease company that the est delivery was now end of Oct. Rang them after reading posts here and after contacting MB they were told the order is still live and although no build slot it will hopefully be built. Just wondered peoples opinions as with no build slot allocated I feel it won’t happen.
I get nervous when MB says no build slot but expect delivery by a certain date - surely its only when a build slot is allocated that car production has been scheduled. I have had an order in for a c300e since January 2022 and still no build slot allocated and MB UK are not giving the dealer any information. Until build slot is confirmed I wont believe anything, and even when it is I will be wondering what will be missing from the build when it does finally arrive.

Whilst understanding the huge pressures on supply chains, most (if not all) of the other manufacturers I have looked at are publicly stating estimated build/delivery times, and the causes of delays, sadly not MB.

321 - 340 of 342 Posts