Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's a lease through leaseplan, communication has been shocking. I haven't been given a reason just an email saying 'we're sorry'. Tried emailing Mercedes, I got referred back to leaseplan. Just wish they'd be a bit more upfront and honest.
is it the plug in you ordered?

shocking to be told 3weeks before delivery that’s it’s delayed by 8weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a lease through leaseplan, communication has been shocking. I haven't been given a reason just an email saying 'we're sorry'. Tried emailing Mercedes, I got referred back to leaseplan. Just wish they'd be a bit more upfront and honest.

shockin

shocking to be told 3weeks before delivery that’s it’s delayed by 8weeks.
Yeh, A250e. Can't say as it was unexpected, but still disappointed :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I ordered an A250e in December through a work scheme. Went for the Premium plus with driving Assistance package. Still not got a build date and today received an email from the company handling the order. Basically mercedes are offering to remove the wireless charging, augmented satnav and mid line sound. There is compensation being offered and the risk of further delays to something that is already estimated to have taken 11 months with no sign that the 11 months will actually happen. Is anyone else in the same situation? Also whilst the satnav and the wireless charging would have been nice I at least know what I am losing, with the mid line sound being removed does anyone know what the actual implications of that will be?

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
@IainMc - Similar story from another forum member, but with an A35.

see this post:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to wait from January this year until end of July for a B250e, due to chip shortages. But it seems to be a similar situation with other brands when you go for a high spec models. It's really frustrating because you feel so helpless and it must be pretty frustrating for dealers too, as they are helpless. I had sold my previous car in February as the care was originally due in March!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 250e premium edition saloon on order from middle of May and expected delivery early November. Just noticed on Mercedes website ebrouchre, no augmented satnav, wireless charger or the upgraded 200watt sound system on the premium grade. But I have not been informed by the garage that these will not be on the car, so fingers crossed they are fitted. Reading early posts, members have been told some items have been deleted due to chip shortage if so, as good will why cannot MB fit something to compensate. For example give you ‘driving assistant package’ , panoramic sunroof or led headlights 🤞

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I wanted gather other peoples opinion on something, I ordered my 250e premium plus back in July for a ~Sept delivery, however and unsurprisingly due to the semi conductor issues and general delays I received the dreaded call saying it’s slipped to October which isn’t a major problem, however I was then told that to get the car Merc UK are removing 3 things from the spec

the augmented sat nat which personally I am not overly bothered about,
wireless charging which is annoying but liveable
reducing the sound system from the 225w midline to the basic 6 speaker 100w system in the mag exec model and this is what grates on me the most.

To compensate all merc are offering is 1 year free servicing and despite objections it’s take it or leave as they know they can easily sell the car.

So despite paying for the PP model I not getting some features and they are not willing to drop the price or retro fit even the sound system when the parts are later available.

I really like the car but it’s leaving a bad taste with me at the moment especially the sound system so deciding if just better to walk away from it. I was hoping to get an opinion on others experience with this issue and especially how much of a difference the basic sound system is compared to the midline 225w system, I’m not looking at booming volume more the quality.

thanks in advance
Sean

·
Registered
31 Posts
Personally I would walk away, you say they would sell it easily, but with those features removed, and no price reduction I doubt they would. If you can wait I would, until the semi conductor issue returns to near normal, which is looking end of this year start of next, I'm like you if I ordered a premium spec, I want those features, and if they are not available, and no price reduction is offered, I would walk, I mean 1 years free servicing!! No thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update: Got a message on Friday that the car has now been delayed to December was expecting it early November 😕. I’m now thinking could be early 2022.

·
Registered
2021 A250e Premium Saloon in Cosmos Black with several missing features….🤬
5 Posts
My latest update (new MY Premium, no options, fleet order in mid June) is that the car completed build last week, and the delay is now transport to the U.K.

The feature losses are boiling my urine somewhat. My original quote was in May before the MY change date, but the fleet company forced a requote for the new MY with no info on spec changes when I signed. Frankly sod all I can do though.

I can live with the appearance changes, and without AR and centre console lighting. Losing wireless charging is annoying, but losing the upgraded sound system is a kick in the nuts - chip shortages don’t justify that. I’m basically paying Premium money to get what was an Executive spec in May.

If it was my money, I’d have walked probably.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you say that they removed the "upgraded sound system" to the basic one, is it that the Burmester in the CLA (I ordered a CLA35 AMG and waiting for it) isn't available anymore? Were you supposed to have the Burmester and finally they gave you something with less performance? I'm a lil' bit anxious about my Burmester in my CLA35 when I read your post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
I see your in Canada and specifications may be different. Here in the UK according to online ebrouchre (a class hatch & saloon including AMG ) all cars now fitted with the basic 100w sound system. When I ordered my car it used to be Premium package were upgraded to a 225w system and Premium Plus to a Burmester. Worth checking on line in your country.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regarding the sound system, my dealer also called me saying that the advanced sound system won't be present, but after getting the vin and inspecting I can actually see it on the car:
853 Advanced Sound System
Don't know if this is the same as the older models or not, but it seems to be in there. The only thing missing from my original config is really the Spectacles Compartment .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok cool!

Let's keep us updated!

It's cool to have a forum to talk about it with other people, I don't feel alone anymore in that unique situation (I think it's the first time in history and it's all because of the pandemic).

The car is supposed to be ready in November, but I feel like it will be December or maybe January. Not too optimist with the date they gave me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered a exec edition saloon a250e two weeks ago and have been given late December as an estimated delivery. Sounds optimistic based on what I've read here, right?

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Ordered a exec edition saloon a250e two weeks ago and have been given late December as an estimated delivery. Sounds optimistic based on what I've read here, right?
Maybe not. MB will need to keep it's emissions as low as possible and producing a larger number of low emission vehicles before the end of the year will help achieve that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my 250e on order for a while now; due beggining of November. I've just been given the same email about losing augmented nav, wireless charging and the mid line sound system. I'm not too fussed on the nav and the charging but I am pretty miffed about the sound system; I've went back and asked if this can be retro fitted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

If MB don’t offer a discount for missing items will this not effect resale value of your vehicle? I think free servicing is a cheap way for to fod of customers. I think they should add an additional items to compensate for example multibeam headlights To customers who have ordered premium package and maybe driving assistance package to premium plus orders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It doesnt look like MB have any intention of compensating in any meaningful way. I've been told a no to retrofitting (note they've also removed the items from the brochure). Essentially I've been told I can either cancel my order or accept the car minus the features stated and receive a £250 John Lewis voucher.

I really want out of the car I'm in right now and with the way the market is I'm probably going to accept; but I'm less than pleased.

Anyone know if I can upgrade the system aftermarket?

161 - 180 of 196 Posts