Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
First post, but unfortunately not a positive one. Has anyone had a model delivered without equipment stated in the brochure?
I had a 69 reg A200 AMG Line Premium Plus and my local MB dealership approached me asking if I would be interested in changing. Having been very happy with my car, I thought why not. The dealership identified the A200 AMG Line Premium Plus Edition as the equivalent vehicle spec, even identifying it as an upgrade from my 2019 vehicle because of the 'Night Pack'. I also checked the A Class brochure (July 2021 version) and understood the features and equipment the model should have. My new vehicle was ordered in mid November and arrived late December at the dealership. I picked the vehicle up in mid January. On pick up day, I highlighted a number of features and equipment that were 'missing' on my car compared to the July 2021 brochure, namely the 'Electrically Adjustable Front Memory seats' and 'MB Advanced Sound System'. Both important features for me and what I believed I paid for. The dealership didn't want to know, stating I had received the model ordered and had 'signed for it', therefore I had to accept it. Even when I pointed out that the brochure, current at the time of order, stated equipment levels that were not delivered, they responded with "you received the vehicle you ordered and and signed for with the correct levels of specification as stated and published by Mercedes-Benz UK". :mad:
Anyone else experienced similar issues?

·
Administrator
5,224 Posts
Hi,
First post, but unfortunately not a positive one. Has anyone had a model delivered without equipment stated in the brochure?
I had a 69 reg A200 AMG Line Premium Plus and my local MB dealership approached me asking if I would be interested in changing. Having been very happy with my car, I thought why not. The dealership identified the A200 AMG Line Premium Plus Edition as the equivalent vehicle spec, even identifying it as an upgrade from my 2019 vehicle because of the 'Night Pack'. I also checked the A Class brochure (July 2021 version) and understood the features and equipment the model should have. My new vehicle was ordered in mid November and arrived late December at the dealership. I picked the vehicle up in mid January. On pick up day, I highlighted a number of features and equipment that were 'missing' on my car compared to the July 2021 brochure, namely the 'Electrically Adjustable Front Memory seats' and 'MB Advanced Sound System'. Both important features for me and what I believed I paid for. The dealership didn't want to know, stating I had received the model ordered and had 'signed for it', therefore I had to accept it. Even when I pointed out that the brochure, current at the time of order, stated equipment levels that were not delivered, they responded with "you received the vehicle you ordered and and signed for with the correct levels of specification as stated and published by Mercedes-Benz UK". :mad:
Unfortunately yes your tale is a common one. For various reasons, later cars are not as feature rich and missing features compared to previous cars.

more in this thread documenting the changes from July 2021 build.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

First post!

My dad ordered an A250 Premium Plus back end of Oct 21

He was promised delivery in March 22 which doesn't appear like its going to happen

He has tried to get the dealership to give him a view on what is happening but its radio silence so I assume the car is still a way off build

I'm trying to gauge how long people are waiting for their cars, especially if its the above, as I may need to start looking for prebuilt and landed cars for him

I appreciate there is semi-conductor crisis but I'd just like to better understand how long he will have to wait and then he can make a better informed decioson

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Hi,
It doesn't sound like a Premium Plus to me. I had a Premium Plus A250e delivered at the start of the month that has Front Memory seats. At one point they said that I wouldn't be getting them to which I said I would refuse the car I'd it didn't have them. They then checked and confirmed that the premium Plus did still have them. The sound system has been changed but I would check exactly what spec you have been given.

·
Registered
20 Posts
MB took away the memory seats on January 2022 builds onwards. Mine was delivered this month with the seats so the car must have been built last year. I'm surprised yours are missing as the car must have been built last year if you picked it up in December. Do you have the panoramic roof? That and the dynamic headlights are the other Premium Plus additions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered an A250e Premium Plus in Mountain Grey in late June 2021. The dealership can’t give any update and it doesn’t even have a VIN still. Have been looking at the posts on the forum and found them really useful, as I expect the memory adjusted seats won’t be available now. Totally understand the semiconductors shortage but am finding the whole purchasing experience with Mercedes really disappointing…

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think it's just an MB problem. Many cars are on lead times of over a year now. Our company car administrator is saying some brands won't even take new orders at the moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think it's just an MB problem. Many cars are on lead times of over a year now. Our company car administrator is saying some brands won't even take new orders at the moment.
Our dealership is actually saying we could take our deposit back because they don’t have any update for us. They have also informed us this week that MB won’t be accepting ‘new orders’ for the A250e - but the dealership apparently can’t tell if my car is an existing order or not 8 months in, as it doesn’t have a VIN number… so do we keep waiting till the speculated facelift later this year and pay even more for it. Finding the communications from MB quite poor to be honest

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, it’s not just MB. We’ve had a VW Tiguan on order since last June, delivery dates have repeatedly slipped and we’re now told possibly April. Luckily we own the car we’re trading in so no lease issues, and I’d rather wait and have a feature complete car. But even so, nearly a year is crazy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the frustrating thing is that Mercedes just seem to go on radio science when quizzed on when a car will arrive. Dealer has been looking for a week so far to better understand when an anticipated delivery date could be - we are still no further forward

I've just ordered a BMW and I've been given an approximate date which based on past projections of previous people receiving their car seems roughly valid

I appreciate its a difficult operating environment but at least giving a customer a view, irrespective of how bad, surely is the correct way to work

·
Administrator
5,224 Posts
It’s a sellers market right now, there are hundreds/thousands of people queued up ready to take your non existent slot if you don’t want it.

You’re just buying a mass produced product, slightly more advanced than a microwave oven, and in the Mercedes hierarchy, you’re buying the lowest class, the A-Class.

if you bought an S-Class they might pay you more attention, but alas, you’re not. You’re not going to get cuddles and being made to feel good from M-B or the dealer ;)

Prospects have this view that buying an A-Class is going to get you a premium service,,,,,,,,, this is rarely the case. Premium prices, especially at Service time, yes, Premium service….. no :)

See post #201 above, and many other similar posts on this forum. “Take it or leave it”.

Harsh, but true.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just for info. My original order made middle of last month for an A200 AMG / Edition had an ETA of September. They later updated this to May and then Friday, out of the blue, tell me its here with them and they will have it ready and registered for me to collect middle of next week,
Not sure if this is any indication that delays are easing in general?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s a sellers market right now, there are hundreds/thousands of people queued up ready to take your non existent slot if you don’t want it.

You’re just buying a mass produced product, slightly more advanced than a microwave oven, and in the Mercedes hierarchy, you’re buying the lowest class, the A-Class.

if you bought an S-Class they might pay you more attention, but alas, you’re not. You’re not going to get cuddles and being made to feel good from M-B or the dealer ;)

Prospects have this view that buying an A-Class is going to get you a premium service,,,,,,,,, this is rarely the case. Premium prices, especially at Service time, yes, Premium service….. no :)

See post #201 above, and many other similar posts on this forum. “Take it or leave it”.

Harsh, but true.
I think customers deserve a decent service and for me, that means being kept informed throughout the ordering process. We saw Mercedes selling the exact car we had ordered (minus the memory seats) online on their webpage - it was already in the UK port, but our dealership couldn't get the cancelled order, and by the time we had enquired with Mercedes online, it has already been sold. So people could check the Mercedes website if they have been waiting for a long time.

The A class may be the lowest class of MB, but it is not a small amount of money. As a family, we were thinking of the GLS in a few years time in addition to the A class, but not anymore! Have also just gone to JRL and ordered a new car there.

·
Administrator
5,224 Posts
As a family, we were thinking of the GLS in a few years time in addition to the A class, but not anymore! Have also just gone to JRL and ordered a new car there.
Exactly. You’ve voted with your feet, which is absolutely the correct thing to do.

I think customers deserve a decent service and for me, that means being kept informed throughout the ordering process.
Agreed. That’s what should happen.

However neither Mercedes nor the dealer will shed a tear, it’s a sellers market right now so they don’t really care that they’ve lost one prospect.

I’m afraid the romanticised days of buying a Mercedes means you’re automatically going to get good customer service is long gone.

Mercedes is a mass market manufacturer churning out millions of cars, vans, trucks, busses, etc. They take Renault Kangoos and put their Mercedes badge on it. They take Nissan Navara’s and put their badge on it. Shifting metal and profit is what matters to them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys...new to this forum. I just placed my order for the hatchback A250 AMG Line Edition w/ Premium Plus & Driving Assistance packages about 10days ago (ie.- got a copy of my Factory Order form via the dealership) and it states my ETA is mid-September '22. That's a 6month wait. I still haven't heard about my allocated build date. Is this the usual wait time nowadays? BTW, I live in London, UK.

·
Administrator
5,224 Posts
6 months sounds about right, but so many factors depend on this, including the worldwide logistics and supply problems. So don’t hold your breath, if you look back in this thread many have waited much longer.

The other factor is that the facelift is due out later this year…..

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
Hi guys...new to this forum. I just placed my order for the hatchback A250 AMG Line Edition w/ Premium Plus & Driving Assistance packages about 10days ago (ie.- got a copy of my Factory Order form via the dealership) and it states my ETA is mid-September '22. That's a 6month wait. I still haven't heard about my allocated build date. Is this the usual wait time nowadays? BTW, I live in London, UK.
Welcome to the forum.

You might find nearer the time of the due date that MB offer you the car with some equipment missing. Which they will supply and fit at a later date. Such are the problems of new car buying at present.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You might find nearer the time of the due date that MB offer you the car with some equipment missing. Which they will supply and fit at a later date. Such are the problems of new car buying at present.
Thanks for your reply Forrester...that doesn't sound very confidence inspiring! From what you've heard, what are the usual features that end up "missing" for the spec I've ordered (A250 w/ Premium Plus and Driving Asst. packages) closer to collection date? I used the Carwow platform and got a discount off the OTR price. I was with VW for the last 10years and this is my first move to a new carmaker so am anxious!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received the build sheet on 13th May which was 1 month after sending the order through for the car.
Hi Aaron...when you say "sending the order through..." did you mean paying a part of the deposit and getting back a Vehicle Order Form from the dealership?
I just paid a 3rd of my deposit upfront and received a congratulatory message and Vehicle Order Form from the dealership...this was 10days ago. My ETA is mid-Sept '22. I was just about to call them for an estimate on the allocation of build date...your message has been useful.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
Thanks for your reply Forrester...that doesn't sound very confidence inspiring! From what you've heard, what are the usual features that end up "missing" for the spec I've ordered (A250 w/ Premium Plus and Driving Asst. packages) closer to collection date? I used the Carwow platform and got a discount off the OTR price. I was with VW for the last 10years and this is my first move to a new carmaker so am anxious!
The late fit items seem to be around comms and cameras. Have a look back on this thread but don't get too disheartened as VW seem to be doing the same.

201 - 220 of 242 Posts