Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I placed a order for a, a45s plus back in last October, possibly end of March 2022 delivery. I’ve been in touch with the dealer on two occasions, one being last week. No build week has been assigned, I asked what would be the delivery estimate if an order was placed now, the reply was 18 months. I’m estimating possible delivery June, it gets more bizarre.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
I placed a order for a, a45s plus back in last October, possibly end of March 2022 delivery. I’ve been in touch with the dealer on two occasions, one being last week. No build week has been assigned, I asked what would be the delivery estimate if an order was placed now, the reply was 18 months. I’m estimating possible delivery June, it gets more bizarre.
The dealer, if they are being sensible, is probably taking in to account that an FL version will be along. But on the other hand they wouldn't have a price for it yet.

·
Registered
A200d Auto Premium Plus 2021 Denim Blue
41 Posts
Anyone heard any news on when the 4G modules might be retrofitted to people that didn't get a car shipped with them?
Picked up my new a200d on 1st August last year without the module after signing the waivers etc. Happened to contact the dealer yesterday to arrange for the car to go in to fix a fault on the driver’s window.
During the conversation they told me there was a recall on the car to retrofit the Hermes Communications Module which they would at the same time. By the time the car goes back to the dealers it will have been a 10 month wait.
What I don’t understand is why they didn’t contact me if the module was ready to be fitted

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
What I don’t understand is why they didn’t contact me if the module was ready to be fitted
Left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing, has always been the problem in my experience, but exacerbated by the new normal of staff shortages.

·
Registered
41 Posts
After 10 months this module is going to be retro fitted in two weeks. Apart from live traffic and the SOS function what have I been missing (obviously not a lot coz I haven’t missed it). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone...I just noticed yesterday on the Mercedes UK website that their online car configurator does not even have the option of the A250 hatchback anymore!! I just ordered mine (A250 Premium Plus) a couple of months ago and haven't yet got a build allocation date...it's not looking good.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
With the imminent release of the FL version, we are finding that the configurator is not working at all well, or at all with many models. I would contact the dealer to find out what's going on. They may well revise your order with your consent to a suitable FL model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spoke with the dealership and she confirmed that Mercedes just informed them on Monday this week that they A250 production has stopped! The other variants (180 and 200) have a minimum wait of 3-4 months...

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
I noticed yesterday that the A250 is still available on the German konfigurator. Not that that’s much help to us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys...is it worth paying extra for GAP insurance and wheel protection insurance with Mercedes? I do have insurance with Direct Line and am happy with their service.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally I went for the GAP but not for the wheel insurance. In hindsight I should have gone for the wheel insurance as well because I managed to f**k up my 11 spoke black alloys and I think that had an effect on the price I had when I changed the car last year

·
Registered
41 Posts
After 10 months this module is going to be retro fitted in two weeks. Apart from live traffic and the SOS function what have I been missing (obviously not a lot coz I haven’t missed it). Any thoughts?
My dealer has retrofitted this module, live traffic is working but no mercedes me on the mbux screen and no Mercedes me on the online function. The car is going back to dealer next Thursday is there else anyth.
mmmnto fix another problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer has retrofitted this module, live traffic is working but no mercedes me on the mbux screen and no Mercedes me on the online function. The car is going back to dealer next Thursday is there else anyth.
mmmnto fix another problem
I was just about to mention I rang up a couple of days ago and mine is now booked in to retro fit the module in a couple of weeks. Glad I checked this as I will check for Mercedes Me etc working when it is done.

Did they also update mbux and your maps etc when they fitted it?

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
It must be like having a new car so it probably will do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was just about to mention I rang up a couple of days ago and mine is now booked in to retro fit the module in a couple of weeks. Glad I checked this as I will check for Mercedes Me etc working when it is done.

No they didn’t update maps and I doubt they updated mbux otherwise I don’t think I’d have had the problems. I think they completely messed up the retrofit of the Hermes module and didn’t check it. I’m really annoyed it took three calls to the service dept to get a response but because the car is going back on 9th June to fix an issue with a window seal they’ve said they’re going to look at it, probably because the car is going to sit in a bay in the dealers so they might as well run the software updates etc. By the way not related to this post but what is most recent software so I can forlornly ask for an update

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
MB just always know how to score own goals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys....just collected my A250 Premium Plus (in Digital White metallic) from the dealership an hour ago. After 10yrs with VW I'm slowly getting my head around all the tech! Mercedes Me was set up by the dealership on collection. With regards to security, would it be advisable to get one of those manual steering locks (eg: Stoplock). I have private parking (gated community) but the push button ignition makes me nervous! I have heard horror stories of criminals hacking into keyless cars and just driving off by "pushing start"... any advice would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
Hey guys....just collected my A250 Premium Plus (in Digital White metallic) from the dealership an hour ago. After 10yrs with VW I'm slowly getting my head around all the tech! Mercedes Me was set up by the dealership on collection. With regards to security, would it be advisable to get one of those manual steering locks (eg: Stoplock). I have private parking (gated community) but the push button ignition makes me nervous! I have heard horror stories of criminals hacking into keyless cars and just driving off by "pushing start"... any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to MB.

I would say yes to the steering lock as just another layer of security. But the MB key if you press lock twice in succession it will disable it so that criminals cannot use it remotely to open your car and drive it away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to MB.

I would say yes to the steering lock as just another layer of security. But the MB key if you press lock twice in succession it will disable it so that criminals cannot use it remotely to open your car and drive it away.
Thanks a lot for your reply. As unsightly as that bright yellow Stoplock clamp is...I'll probably get one soon! Yes, my saleslady advised me to always lock the car by double-clicking the fob.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
It also depends on your area.

Cars seem to get stolen quite frequently where I am and the owners quite lamely post on social media about how they were victims. But quite often they set themselves up and it then affects the rest of us in our premiums.

221 - 240 of 242 Posts