Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
241 - 242 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
As Forrester says car thefts are on the increase, I went through the 80’s when car theft was so common it made the national news on a regular basis.That’s when manufacturers stared fitting immobilers as standard.
Today brings new forms of theft. For me though the ghost 2 is the best way to go if budgets allow, simply undetectable and impossible to defeat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
An update on my side with getting the Hermes (4g) module fitted. I have been and done it, they were all a little oblivious to whether the Mercedes Me functionality from the mobile app etc would work, the engineers just checked the in built car phone etc for emergencies. However, the receptionist over heard my conversation with the engineer and came and sat down and went through a couple of things online with my online account. After a few T&Cs being ticked all the connected stuff with the app started coming to life. Took a little while for them all to enable in the car but everything seems to be working now! Make sure you mention it when getting the module fitted as it is probably unlikely anything will enable without someone on Mercedes's end doing something. You also need a Mercedes Me account linked to the car, if you haven't already. It probably could all be done remotely tbf, but it's just about speaking to someone who knows what they are doing.

I also asked how busy they had been with retrofits. Not at all was the response, which I am hardly surprised as it doesn't appear like they are letting anyone know about it (or at least my dealership), you gotta chase yourself!

241 - 242 of 242 Posts